Sign in to follow this  
Fractal618

Weapons

Can anyone direct me to more information/stats about the different weapons.

I understand that damage is based on many things including weapon quality and player skills, but surely there must be some data that has been collected over the years.

Thanks! :)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/

Edit: Not sure if there are any in depth test that has been done but if they are very old it would be probably wrong they changed all that not long ago iirc.  

Edited by Kegan

Kegan I know I only have 138 posts, but I do know of the wiki, I even have made edits on the wiki as ChrisNYC.  The information there is often outdated, and in the case of weapons slightly lean.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, getting information from the player base on this topic is excessively difficult. Much past "2h weapons hit critters harder", most people have tightly sealed lips. Something about kingdom blahblahblah. More detailed weapon and statistic relations would be so appreciated, but most people play that information so close to the chest, I honestly doubt we will see anything about it. 

I know the in depth tests have been done, and I have tried a few myself, but being a fairly new player, it is nearly impossible to see it correctly. What is worse, the test server has a different set of armor and weapon configuration, so you can't even go over there to have a peek. 

Hopefully some intrepid soul will come along with a smexy table or graph, but I am not holding my breath. 

Hopefully some intrepid soul will come along with a smexy table or graph, but I am not holding my breath. 

*flexes*

Actually it's on my todo list. Kind of a pain to test properly though. I'll let you know when I get around to it =D

• Like 1

Axes in general have more damage but less armour penetration. V little parry.
Mauls in general have less damage but more armour penetration. Moderate parry.
Swords in general have a balance. Relatively high parry.

None of the other weapons are really worth bothering with.

• Like 2

Axes in general have more damage but less armour penetration. V little parry.

Mauls in general have less damage but more armour penetration. Moderate parry.

Swords in general have a balance. Relatively high parry.

Depends on what you use them for. I've been using a Spear just fine in PvE, works as well as my 2 handed sword.

I disagree

• Like 1

Halbred works like a slightly less powerful Huge Axe.

Longspear has been bugfixed* and works like a slightly less powerful 2H sword (minus Bcon gains). If you've access to good Q steel the steel spear is quite a nice upgrade with absolutely no downfalls other than being steel (entirely dif wep stats, not just reduced decay).

Sickle is actually very powerful. Little to no parrying, but very fast attack speed, hits harder than a LS, and deals pure slashing damage (which is good in PvP since plate has more resistance to piercing that LS does occasionally). Because it can be paired with a shield, it's PvP viable. For PvE it's still quite devastating, although high stats a lot of PvE just ignore shields in favour of 2H weps since they're a bit redundant when you can burst mobs down.

Those are the unorthodox weps that work. Gorgon: Those stats are absolutely unmodified by anything. It's a quirk in the code that lets you see the base damage because it gets reflected back onto your weapon when using a practice doll. Stats never change how much damage gets dealt.

*Longspear used to have the parry of the longspear, damage of the staff. Staff had the longspear damage, AND the better parry. As such it was a really crappy weapon in the past. But now that the damage values have been properly assigned, it's a viable weapon.

Edited by Sevenless