Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Character Name Change

-1 to any name changes allowed for any reason.

If you are unhappy with the name of the accounts you bought, sorry tough cookies for you you knew what the names where when you bought them.

Seeing as how the economy does revolve around word of mouth, reputation of the sellers and buyers, changing names would be detrimental to this.

Yes I read your suggestion on the name history, how long does this history go on if someone changes their name every time they steal something, or piss folks off in chat so bad they're on ignore by most of the population.

I'm Sorry, but a big No to this suggestion in any form no matter how well hidden it is. Deal with the names you have and just man up suck it up and move on.

Following the PR disaster that was Bashur, I was one who was against this idea. But if a player wishes to change their character's name, then they should be able to do so, at a cost. It should cost 5s, and the money should go the the king, whether that be kingdom leader or Rolf himself. Once you have changed you can not revert or change again. 

• Like 1

+1 do it no reason not to really who cares what the name of the toon was before not me for one.should be a forced  name change when you buy the character really.and let the old owner remake his char if he wants to with the old name ?

Edited by wasntme

This is already in, however I believe this service is only avaliable for those which have a large following on youtube.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

This is already in, however I believe this service is only avaliable for those which have a large following on youtube.

So... Emoo will get a name change soon? So he can finally correct it to Emo*?

I like it! :D

• Like 1

Oh No ....this old chestnut again !!!!

Didn't we put his to bed the last time it came up ?

If this ever entered the game it would be a VERY BAD idea.....CAN OPEN - WORMS EVERYWHERE !!!

I mean come on guys lets not have this mixed bag of frogs again.

BIG ASS -1,000,000 to this one......AGAIN !!!! :S

If we accept the 6 month grace period.

You inspect the person

[16:39:15] This person was known under another name in the past:

[16:39:15] Name 1 [6/15/1999]

[16:39:15] Name 2 [12/16/1999] (The character changed hands)

[16:39:15] Name 3 [6/15/2000]

[16:39:15] Name 4 [12/16/2001] (The character changed hands)

[16:39:15] all the other stuff you get when inspecting a person

Also a forced title of 2 months showing the previous name of the character at the end of his character name (Aka; Name 3)

• Like 2

Oh No ....this old chestnut again !!!!

Didn't we put his to bed the last time it came up ?

If this ever entered the game it would be a VERY BAD idea.....CAN OPEN - WORMS EVERYWHERE !!!

I mean come on guys lets not have this mixed bag of frogs again.

BIG ASS -1,000,000 to this one......AGAIN !!!! :S

Edited by Youngsoldier

Im not against this its really only a game so why not who cares. +1

Edit.. just make it higher priced like 25-50s so people wont just change names daily.

Edited by Lockdown

Another game I used to play offered name change at a hefty price (some 6 months worth of subs) which were all carried out on the same maintenance period each week.  When the name changes were completed the old names were added to a relevant page on their website with the date of change, current server name and previous name(s).  This was a good way to check each week if any of the usual scammers or griefers had changed their name.  Or even to confirm if that guy in your clan was indeed the person he said he was.

If this is to be considered for implementation I guess the most logical thing to do would be to follow suit, so that people are not scammed (intentional or otherwise).

I'd like to change my name, yes, but it's not a game breaker, so not going to add lots of 0's on my +1 like many of you are doing.

If we accept the 6 month grace period.

You inspect the person

[16:39:15] This person was known under another name in the past:

[16:39:15] Name 1 [6/15/1999]

[16:39:15] Name 2 [12/16/1999] (The character changed hands)

[16:39:15] Name 3 [6/15/2000]

[16:39:15] Name 4 [12/16/2001] (The character changed hands)

[16:39:15] all the other stuff you get when inspecting a person

Also a forced title of 2 months showing the previous name of the character at the end of his character name (Aka; Name 3)

Well the problem with this would be the fact that you have to meet the person from face to face althouth alot of interaction goes thru channels and so on...

-1 From me. Would like to change a name, but makes it too complicated... too easy to abuse!

Edited by Argustin

My main concern, like other people, would be players who grief other players, change their name after earning a bad reputation, and then continue to grief under that new name with "no reputation".

Believe me when I say I've bought a character or 2 that I would love to change the name of, but the negative implications of this to me outweigh the positives.

-1 here.

IF there was a way to monitor name changes, or a system where you have to provide a reason for the name change, then I might be for this.

That has been debunked thoroughly, they can do the same thing right now by purchasing another account.

Yes, but it should be done so only through payment. Like 1-2€

• Like 1

If I promise to become a guy that screams into a webcam and little kids watch it en mass can I has name change? I promise I will only break the rules once (or twice, but who is counting), and buy an account to have the name changed on . Oh, and Ill be sure to leave the game after a month and say mean terrible things about it to the kid's I scream at  :wub:

Edited by Dently
  • Like 1