Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Boat, Horses speed increase

Since xanadu and way more travelin i think is time to increase speed of horses and boats...  right now they are way too slow...   

i colect info from wiki about real horses....  with normal gear and rider... 40 to 48 km/h, in wurm we see average speed of 5 speed horses with basic gear... from 25-35km/h... so some buff is welcome ... 

horses in RL hinched on wagons can get speed easy to 30km/h also... so there is also needed change...  now wagons and carts are slow

About boats and wind...   wind efect is cool... but min. speed is kinda stupid... on xanadu u can easy sail 5h and every posible direction give u only 5-8km/h ...  kinda stupid...

Sailboats normaly in RL get 30km/h in bad wind...

Knarr or viking ships got average speed of 18km/h....

i will not check for all boats... but there is need for speed now...   Sailing is already boring and noone wana deliver no more... also exploring is not fun...

I will and i do support this idea... will bump it till i will play.... if will gone will make new one better one... so who is with me?

• Like 9

-1 horses go fast enough with high end gear, not to mention hell horses (wow, dat speed tho)

Perhaps boats could get some love, but when you stop and think about the scale of the map, it took me 2h in a rowboat to get around 1/4 of Xanadu, that means 8h for a round trip, which really isn't that bad. Fairly realistic, too.

• Like 1

Horses with good gear go realistic speeds if not over. So realism is not a good barometer.

Increasing speeds also greatly effects PVP. So I vote a...

• Like 1

+1 for boats, -1 for horses.

Ur finger stuck on the ...... Button lol?

• Like 2

:D  its always stuck there... for some reason 

horses itself are not that bad...  but 4 horses on wagon could give better speed...  also on cart.

2h for 1/4 xanadu is 16 wurm hours... so close to 1 wurm day...

Edited by RockyBalboa

+1,000,000

WAY better than "teleport at server borders"

Definitely need to increase boat speed, +1 from me.  I don't think horses need a boost though.

Don't try and justify this with realism, because in real life 32 km wide was less than the distance between two major cities in many locations. Not to mention while it was possible, roads rarely allowed a horse to travel that fast safely.

So keep realism out of it. If you really want speed, grind stats to ride a hell.

The comments about ship minimum speed have been around for ages and nothing really new.

Edited by Sevenless

so atlast boats can get speed inprove then... i know there was topic before about that and i wish even more of em come out...    

-1 for horses, +1 for boats.

Reason for -1 for horses: Freedom got nerfed guards because they could catch horses on epic. 

-1, you live on a bigger server, expect travel to take longer.

• Like 2

+1 boat side  :)

Boat ql to speed buff at 50, 70 and 90ql

WOA on sail boat or bigger.

A well made boat always out performs a poorly made one of the same.

• Like 5

+1 for boats, -1 for horses.

Ur finger stuck on the ...... Button lol?

This. Horses are fast enough. Boats on the other hand.... they've needed reworking for a longtime anyway.

Was just thinking about this myself. Boats need a speed increase for sure. If its a matter of mechanics then think about adjustable sails, the boat still moves in a straight with adjusting the sails.

• Like 1

+1 to increasing boat speeds. 

However, it shouldn't be increased across the board, but rather make it so that certain factors can increase the boat speed.

A few ideas: 

1. Make it so ql of the boat increases either max speed or speed in low winds.
  2. Allow WoA to be casted on boats to increase speed.
  3. Since boat speed depends somewhat on wind and somewhat on rowing....make it so that increased body or body strength will add a boost to speed. Could even rationalize mind logic or body stamina having an effect on speed.
  4. Make a new blood potion thingy that can be used on a boat to increase its max speed by a marginal amount.
  5. Add items that can be equipped to the boat to increase speeds (not sure what but similar to how you can equip horseshoes to a horse to increase speeds. Maybe these items can have woa casted on them to increase effectiveness similar to horseshoes).
  • Like 4

Let woa be cast on the sails and oars and let them be a separate Imping item.

• Like 1

+1 to all.

The entire game feels too slow and boring.  This would improve things greatly.  Especially sailing, just omg, it's so painful slow and boring.  And the wind seems to be ALWAYS against you.

Also taking the time to breed 5 speed horses, only to realize they're marginally faster, is really a letdown.  Especially with the way "lighting speed" works, or should I say, doesn't work half the time.

• Like 2

about boats i will add that....  

1. speed will be limited by wind but not much as is now...

2. If boat is empty why not sail faster?  so limit by weight..  like we have limits when we drag carts....