Sign in to follow this  
Forgedrake

Merchants can hold containers

ok maybe not all containers

but a small chest full of gems - backpack with a suit of armor in it - or a quiver full of arrows

all items people would love to buy or to sell as a unit but can not

• Like 4

+1 Their merchants they should be able to hold anything.

Edited by Emmanuel

Issue: That means 1 merchant has a rather insane potential storage capacity that has no decay on the items inside.

I'd be ok with it if the items inside the container still counted against the item cap the merchant can hold. Potentially with a raised cap somewhat, but without a cap it'd be a lot of space.

Sell keys to containers lile a large/small chest or BSB with your items inside.

good point seven

items inside backpacks and small chests should be counted but items inside say a quiver should be ignored as only 1 quiver per merchant would defeat the purpose

then a single merchant could sell 5 suits of armor ( bag + 9 pieces) or lock sets

also brings into question items like high QL dyes and wine's and such for sale

good point seven

items inside backpacks and small chests should be counted but items inside say a quiver should be ignored as only 1 quiver per merchant would defeat the purpose

then a single merchant could sell 5 suits of armor ( bag + 9 pieces) or lock sets

also brings into question items like high QL dyes and wine's and such for sale

Sure, would prefer we say "arrows don't count" since regular items can still be put into quivers.

Issue: That means 1 merchant has a rather insane potential storage capacity that has no decay on the items inside.

I'd be ok with it if the items inside the container still counted against the item cap the merchant can hold. Potentially with a raised cap somewhat, but without a cap it'd be a lot of space.

Merchants have a 50 limit cap.

Yet with the same price that you pay for a single magical chest (100 item cap) you can buy 5 merchants (250 items). They're already op as storage, so that shouldn't be a constraint, as someone that sells item bundles often, i'd love to be able to put the bundles at their normal price in my merchants, instead of having to charge per individual item and selling the bundles only directly.

I don't think that using containers is the best method though. I think a new "wrapping" method could be added that would allow you to create a bundle of items to sell in the merchant (examining it would tell the list of items within (using normal containers would be a bit messy in the pricing area, and theoretically someone could buy a single item from within the container thus ruining your bundle, and what's worse, unless a automated pricing update was coded for items within containers was made, well you can see how messy it could get).

containers? as long as you can't put anything in them while they're on the merchant.

+1

Edited by Steveleeb

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I say...

Screw the item cap, and let the items decay like anything in a container in the same circumstances (i.e. on merchant is same as in chest in same surroundings).

I'd honestly rather repair stuff occasionally than not be able to sell arrows, item bundles, liquids, etc.

• Like 1

+1

-1 to decay, i don´t want to be obligated to reimping the stuff I put in the merchant, it is hard enough having the sutt in my forge taking damage if I can´t/want finish it in less than 3 days or store in alts.

Please fix lanterns taking huge damage hits on merchants.

yeah I'd say arrows don't count for item cap but can be placed into a quiver - even if a quiver of arrows counted at 10 items - its just a pain to be able to make stuff and discover you can not sell it on merchants

nothing stop you from having perma-alts (for 2s) doing the same job of decay free storage. I don't see why we should limit the merchants then if something else do the same job for even less (and more efficiently).

small containers. weight based maybe would be a good option.

• Like 1

Or we could just make magic chests less insanely expensive. Because that's what they're actually intended for, rather than enabling merchants to be misused as a cheap magic chest more efficiently.

Or we could just make magic chests less insanely expensive. Because that's what they're actually intended for, rather than enabling merchants to be misused as a cheap magic chest more efficiently.

my original comment is about trade not storage - I do not use it as a storage area I just want to sell arrows - full suits of armor - maybe some wine - locks other then door locks - and other such things - can it be abused sure - but each one holds 50 items I could just by 4 and have storage for 200 items - but I can not sell arrows effectively 1 at a time as the profit would be terrible - all this chat was about was trade not storage

and lets face it those that really could abuse the system of containers on merchants already have 3-4 merchants so its kinda a mute point

not to mention with ship carriers u can just build a corbita drop it in a cave fill it full of chests or barrels and have a massive storage area and at QL80+ with a good lock there a pain to lockpick and can not be smashed with only small amounts of decay with no coin costs just time and is completely legal rules wise

so back to the conversation about trade

containers would be to sell items like a quiver full of arrows suits of armor and such

Edited by Forgedrake
  • Like 1

Wouldn't impact my gameplay in a single way but still +1 IFF it is done carefully since there is a lot of room for abuse.

my original comment is about trade not storage - I do not use it as a storage area I just want to sell arrows - full suits of armor - maybe some wine - locks other then door locks - and other such things - can it be abused sure - but each one holds 50 items I could just by 4 and have storage for 200 items - but I can not sell arrows effectively 1 at a time as the profit would be terrible - all this chat was about was trade not storage

and lets face it those that really could abuse the system of containers on merchants already have 3-4 merchants so its kinda a mute point

not to mention with ship carriers u can just build a corbita drop it in a cave fill it full of chests or barrels and have a massive storage area and at QL80+ with a good lock there a pain to lockpick and can not be smashed with only small amounts of decay with no coin costs just time and is completely legal rules wise

so back to the conversation about trade

containers would be to sell items like a quiver full of arrows suits of armor and such

Items inside a corbita still decay, that's why merchants are used as storage, to avoid decay.

Got my +1, but it's hard to implement/control. Lot's of exceptions, for example I want to sell a quiver full of arrows, thats 41 items + quiver already, but it would be logical to count it as a single unit for sale. Backpacks with all kinds of different stuff and all other containers need to be controlled too.

Maybe we could get a specific container or maybe a few of different types that a merchant would accept (like a merchant pouch or something) that hold specific items in them. A huge potential use for tailoring too.