Sign in to follow this  
spunoche

Please close xanadu

I've known a game that was using the way of "fixing" bugs and lags by just resetting the server every year ;D

I suggest we DON'T go down that path ^^

unfortunately keldun it is.  I may have something to do with the login server or the bridging between. Am a a networking expert no.  Before xanadu: low problems. After Xanadu: lots of problems.  so new hardware or not, there is a problem.  DO I expect them to really take xanado offline, no. are you kidding me? theres like 600 people on it.  what I do expect is consistency on all pre xanadu servers.  and for any problems to be addressed, not after xanadu problems, but in unison.  I want to make sure its not getting put off for the sudden influx of xanaeuros.  And to have my say ofc. 

Can I play the no lag lag game that been referred too, I never got a chance.

Btw, -1 because the suggestion is ill thought out, what would happen to the investment people made on the server, what would happen to the toons. Think before you type.

youre challenged if you think it was a real suggestion

Edited by spunoche

You argue your case and point, put it in suggestions and the use of any form of base humour or satire doesn't seem to be present. Therefore, perhaps I am challenged for responding to what is otherwise a waste of bytes on the internet.

If it was funny or made a point then maybe i'd be behind you.

Half of the active accounts are on Xanadu right now.. 686 / 1408 (total of all server population)... I'm not surprised things are breaking. 

• Like 1

Please close xanadu and return the other servers to proper working order.  you released a giant server with only a few tests and it is negatively effecting everything else with lag, server crashes, intermittent reliability etc.  Seriously poor rollout.

Release has issues, remove Xanadu...  lol

Also, the part about wurm being a "lag free game" is a joke, wurm has always had a decent amount of lag, most common one being backup lag :P

THIS-IS-WHY-kbituu.jpg

• Like 1

this used to be a zero lag game, now constant freezing, sketchy login. inability to relog in due to "still moving on server"

When was this a zero lag game, lol

• Like 2

lol, knee jerk reactionary posts are always hilarious.

youre challenged if you think it was a real suggestion

So ... moving to the Town Square.

• Like 2

Well it is as i always been... issues come up and they get handled as soon as possible. No need to create drama about it...

• Like 2

Closing Xanadu, not exactly the solution... 

But Xan connected and Release has crashed at least 4 times (if you try to relog, "you're still moving, connection denied").  If you log another character that was online at the moment, you end up for a while on flat dirt right below water level unable to move.

On Xan itself, I've asked Windows, Mac, and myself the Linux user... ships and mounts get a weird jitter when moving.  Also, if leading animals, they slowly go from your 6 o' clock all the way to your 3 o' clock.

When we were asking for some form of update regarding Xanadu, "it's still glitching" would have counted as an answer.  Rageconnecting (it's just my personal guess, i'm not stating it was a rageconnection, just the impression I get) doesn't seem to be working too well.

Found a nice 60x80 island, opened Wurm store to buy the silver, alt-tabbed a sec to deal with a bearshark i heard attacking me, saw the shaky boat........... ended up hitting Cancel.