Sign in to follow this  
Telvanni

Emperor, Grand Prince, Chancellor

Let a kingdom vote for their ruler......................................... ffs

Edited by Telvanni
  • Like 3

Let a kingdom vote for their emperor......................................... ffs

+1

kingdoms should have no emperor, only empires should have one.

I dunno, maybe so a kingdom can have a reliable emperor that will stick around for a long time instead of getting a new one every month because the people that have been in the kingdom forever try daily and can't get it but someone that doesn't ever play comes over from the homeserver and gets it in one try then doesn't ever login or play and abdicates 3 weeks later. I'm not talking about our current emp but past ones. If you have a valid reason opposing this please state it.

Well I think you have a point that there's an issue of too much luck involved, and not enough requirements.  I don't, however, think that the best solution for a few reasons.  Voting then becomes a popularity contest, and let's say if the game becomes larger, a kingdom may have multiple alliances, and a voting system could merely favor whoever has more people.  The concept of Wurm Online is it's a sandbox, you can become anything, even the smallest guy can become a Warlord or Emperor.  It shouldn't always be player regulated with their standards.  Anyone can become a priest, sorcerer, or a ruler, but once you start restricting that you pretty much make a gated community.  If you want that - that's why PMKs exist to eliminate that randomness.  

I don't disagree with you, and I share the frustration as someone who was BL on Epic and Wild where continually there was a lack of dedication.  I think there should be more requirements tacked on to becoming a ruler.  You should have to be with the kingdom six months at a minimum, and a soul/body/fighting skill requirement that's more higher than simply 21.  I can't think of many ways to really suggest a fair way calculate someones activity and time played because even that's not a promise someone won't quit the next day.

I just feel the idea of selecting your own really eliminates many player's chances at it, and if you want that selectiveness there is an alternative for it already. 

I agree that there should be more requirements to trying for a ruler title, but not restricted to a vote.

If anything just make the challenging thing smoother/faster.

-Make the test something different than 1. are you not a noob? 2. just double checking you're not a noob 3. lolgoodluck

-Overhaul challenge system

Voting can't really work, what's to say that a few people with several premium alts each can't just load them up and vote themselves in?  Can't do ip checks either, proxies aren't hard for those that want

• Like 1

How about this.

Once an emp abdicates three players in a kingdom are chosen randomly by coding and can then be voted on.

The three people have to have been in the kingdom a minimum of 3 months and belong to a deed in an alliance on elevation. Maybe with a few other checks but those are the two big ones for me.

People vote on who they think would be best and that decides it.

This system gets you the best of all sides, randomness, chance for a new player to be emp and a since you can't decide the three people there is no guarantee that a vote can be dominated entirely by a larger group of players.

lolol that is why I said in a deed on ele that is in an alliance so that can't happen

lolol that is why I said in a deed on ele that is in an alliance so that can't happen

I can think off hand of 4 priest alts in EC alone, then quite a few more for other deeds.  I don't think you understood what I meant

I think just over time the longer you're in the kingdom a slight percentage raised of chance to get it, though the same issue could occur with priest alts - there's really no 100% perfect solution that couldn't be abused.  

A king rules a kingdom. An Emperor rules a Empire.

These should not be mixed with each other.