Sign in to follow this  
Banarashi

Uniques in Xanadu destroying deed n terrorizing area

I have had a champion forest giant spawn on my deed, sometimes inside pens sometimes not each day for the past 3 days.  He is killing my livestock, smashing my house n fences n killing me regularly.   clearly he's not being killed..as no one has fight skill or armor to take it on until the server is connected to the reset of freedom cluster. As such..i've been told there is no solution for me via support ticket to move spawner..to port back my bodies or cart n animals that keep getting killed as a result of this unique. It doesn't just keep coming back to deed..i'll be farming or crafting and one will "arrive" inside pen then break out n walk away or attack me. I keep dying and my deed being destroyed this early into server start..where we have little ability/skill to repair easily. so it's exponentially worse. moreover it seems spawning uniques should have never happened on Xanadu until connected as there is NO means to address them/kill them. I believe this was an overlooked consequence unintended. Uniques are to spawn i thought once a month..not daily.

I'm deeply dissapointed in the lack of help i've received over this issue that has been created by the devs in what i think is unforeseen manner.

an easy solution going forward is to not allow spawners to generate on deed..seems easy to code..and/or give GM's ability to move spawner in these situations.  if this is what is intended into the future i won't be interested in holding the 7 deeds i do as they will be subject to destruction n terrorization of uniques..i see no incentive to spend n maintain a deed that is not secure.  is this intended to discourage multiple deed ownership...as it will make it very hard to maintain if needing to check and repair deeds so frequently due to uniques spawning in or next to.

especially because we don't know when the server will be connected..there is no solution in the foreseable future to solve this by coordinating hunting parties.

I plead to the developers to examine this situation and make some needed changes and address a solution...as of now i'm told nothing we can do.

Edited by Banarashi

Edit: i need to go to sleep.

Well, i guess your problem will be solved when the server open, until then, try getting an alt to drag aggro it away. I would advice you to PEN it but it's such an evil thing to pen a murder machine who lives near your deed that everyone asked rolf to make it impossible.

vvv i am pretty sure the uniques on Xanadu were spawned before the opening, so either he didn't spot it when he dropped the deed or the unique just moved slightly around, like they sometime do.

Edited by Serpentarius

Uniques really shouldn't spawn on a deed or come into deeds to smash things :/

Sorry to hear for your sorrows. Soon as things connect I'm sure the community can rally something to help you out.

• Like 1

Edit: i need to go to sleep.

Well, i guess your problem will be solved when the server open, until then, try getting an alt to drag aggro it away. I would advice you to PEN it but it's such an evil thing to pen a murder machine who lives near your deed that everyone asked rolf to make it impossible.

vvv i am pretty sure the uniques on Xanadu were spawned before the opening, so either he didn't spot it when he dropped the deed or the unique just moved slightly around, like they sometime do.

unfortunately when you lead them away they go back to where they were prior.  he's not just hanging out there..he won't even be around and i'm crafting and he'll arrive/ appear inside pens..not walk by or smash in..but just port in..then kill livestock smash the house that took days to make at lovely 20 carpentry. then kill me..i don't even know where my cart n horses are..an so much livestock i've worked hard to capture are gone.  it'd be easy if we could go kill it..many would be interested..including my blood lust killing main character.  morever..they just shouldn't spawn in deeds ever..we pay for that security..this will have me give a hard look at the deeds i curretnly hold n perhaps start selling them

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Someones butt hurt.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Someones butt hurt.

Wow you're so clever and helpful omg.

This is more than just a case of, 'oh no we haz no iron'. This is someone being screwed over by game mechanics that aren't working very well. As Banarashi stated earlier, it's not like anyone on Xanadu has the ability to even get close to killing a unique. Honestly there should just be a code that keeps unique from entering deeds at all. Perims, fine, but on deed stuff is paid to be maintained. It's not paid for so all this guy's hard work can be thrown down and then told, 'lol, not our problem'. Either the spawn needs to move or the devs need to implement a better system.

It really shouldn't be difficult for devs to make it so uniques don't enter deeds. There is no need for devs to make this game unplayable, it's ridiculous to pay for something that will be smashed again and again. Just because they decided that was the best solution against penning.... by all means keep the demolition , but don't let them enter deeds then(or smash stuff on deeds). The no entering on deeds will stop penning on deed too so. Plenty of perimeters for them to rampage on.

• Like 1

+1

OP shouldn't be dealing with this, much less paying for it.

I'll even go as far as to suggest the week's upkeep for that deed he planted, be it a 1s a month deed or a 20s a month deed, that 1/4 should appear in his bank in form of silver.  I wouldn't suggest this last bit, but the guy doesn't know and won't know until "sometime later this week" if/when a horde of 70+FS players could come sort the issue, and then that leaves the uncertainty factor of whether that unique will respawn someplace different, as intended, or will just keep respawning ad infinitum on his deed.

• Like 1

+1

OP shouldn't be dealing with this, much less paying for it.

Indeed.

Despite the fact that some wannabe-ultrahard-pvp-r00XXXORs always come up with their "deal with it"-###### in this game.

If we wanted to pay for get our stuff destroyed by such thing (or trolls, or other ###### that is spawning on our deeds) we would play on wild or epic.

Leave the people on their payed deeds alone.

Does seem a little harsh, but you could always move away

No, it seems a little retarded, not harsh.

Edited by Westfold
  • Like 3

If the devs add that, should also add a feature that if a Unique is within say 10 tiles of a deed for more than a day or so it teleports to another random location.  Just in case something gets bugged or something.   A code that counts the number of fences bashed as well, once it reaches a counter, it randomly teleports.

Those protections will keep uniques from going on wrecking rampages, and also hopefully defeat any kind of method of trying contain or pen in a unique.    If they stay around their spawn location, etc I suppose that is just as bad as penning them too, so hopefully Rolf can fix the code so that they can move around a bit on their own without being anchored to a particular location.  

• Like 1

Banarashi,

The situation with uniques spawning upon your deed, doing destruction to structures, killing livestock and yourself, should not be allowed by programming to happen. Deed tiles really need to be protected from these types of things happening, which by the way Trolls have able to do some of the same bashings down resulting in losses in various ways.

That we pay a good amount for protected deed areas and then they are griefed by aggro AI mechanics is something that I find to be a slap in the face for those that pay extra game fees for deeds. This disrupts game play for those who have no interest in dealing with these types of pests where their only real security is to pay for deed tiles to keep them at bay. It is a devious practice to give no consideration to players who pay for this protection only to have ways created such as these Troll and Unique AI abilities to undermine this protection in this backdoor manner.

This problem has been mentioned numerous times before related to Troll bashing, which one did to my on deed fencing only last week, and now has transformed into even a worse manner of destruction with these rampaging Uniques that even the more elite fighting deed owners have no ability to handle on their own. So this is not an unforeseen and unwarned problem, as it has already been pointed out to the Dev's within various posts upon the forum.

Solution: Program Uniques so that they are not able to spawn upon deed tiles, just as has already been done for every other aggressive animal within the game. Prevent all creatures from being able to bash down or damage any structure on deed tiles. Treat Uniques as uniques in their programming allowing them to pass through any walls and fencing as if they were not there; thus, can't be penned up and in turn walls and fencing anywhere need not be destroyed by them to prevent this penning.

Best Solution: Make Uniques PASSIVE until attacked by others and then permanently aggressive towards player once attacked by them.

Please do not continue to Grief Freedom Isles PvE players with this type of aggressive animal AI by bashing down on deed walls and fencing to attack players and destroy the deeds that they put so much time and effort into creating, as well as their fond animals raised with so much care. Allow players who arrange their affairs to play in a peaceful manner upon their deeds to be able to do so without sneaking around with these game mechanics to have a good laugh at their displeasure and dismay to find their creations, animals and themselves destroyed, for this is what it certainly comes down to.

Think a bit about the end results of your efforts to impose destructive aggressive animal AI upon those who do everything reasonable within their game limited powers to do so to avoid dealing with them upon their deeds. Don't be like those few players who will then mock them and laugh gleefully at their sorrows. This is immature, uncalled for and will cause many more dissatisfied players as an end result. Bullies are never looked at with admiration, except by those of the same ilk. Please do not join their ranks by enabling this type of destruction to be carried out upon paid for deed protected tiles.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 8

Even normal trolls enter deeds regularly to bash things down and eat animals.

That shouldn`t happen either.

Deed buildings / walls should be safe from those.

I also think that is what people pay for.

Specially those who live on non-pvp servers want their peace.

• Like 1

Champion??????

why... just why....

also, your situation sucks. Hopefully servers are connected soon so your situation can be resolved.

• Like 1

This problem has been mentioned numerous times before related to Troll bashing, which one did to my on deed fencing only last week, and now has transformed into even a worse manner of destruction with these rampaging Uniques that even the more elite fighting deed owners have no ability to handle on their own. So this is not an unforeseen and unwarned problem, as it has already been pointed out to the Dev's within various posts upon the forum.

Solution: Program Uniques so that they are not able to spawn upon deed tiles, just as has already been done for every other aggressive animal within the game. Prevent all creatures from being able to bash down or damage any structure on deed tiles. Treat Uniques as uniques in their programming allowing them to pass through any walls and fencing as if they were not there; thus, can't be penned up and in turn walls and fencing anywhere need not be destroyed by them to prevent this penning.

Best Solution: Make Uniques PASSIVE until attacked by others and then permanently aggressive towards player once attacked by them.

Please do not continue to Grief Freedom Isles PvE players with this type of aggressive animal AI by bashing down on deed walls and fencing to attack players and destroy the deeds that they put so much time and effort into creating, as well as their fond animals raised with so much care. Allow players who arrange their affairs to play in a peaceful manner upon their deeds to be able to do so without sneaking around with these game mechanics to have a good laugh at their displeasure and dismay to find their creations, animals and themselves destroyed, for this is what it certainly comes down to.

Think a bit about the end results of your efforts to impose destructive aggressive animal AI upon those who do everything reasonable within their game limited powers to do so. Don't be like those few players who will then mock them and laugh gleefully at their sorrows. This is immature, uncalled for and will cause many more dissatisfied players as an end result. Bullies are never looked at with admiration, except by those of the same ilk. Please do not join their ranks by enabling this type of destruction to be carried out upon paid for deed protected tiles.

=Ayes=

Out of likes.

So, even if i know it will still be ignored by Rolf, with a quote

+1

seems like now is the time to organize a hunt for said problem and kill it with fire.

I know I am the odd man out, but I like the idea that my deed can come under attack. 

However, I think to each their own and my will shan't  be forced on others. 

Edited by BuddyDude
  • Like 1

I live in a high aggro area and have never had a champ spider or anything else spawn on deed. they are always outside,  I can only guess yours is a glitch. good luck and plenty of fighters there now to take care of it.

I only met one troll so far and kited him faaar away, so deal with it!

Naah, just messing with ya.

That's indeed a problem and would annoy me to no end too. Being ganked isn't fun, and it doesn't matter if it's a player doing it or a NPC. I mean that's basically intended griefing by the game. Pay to get corpse camped.

If i recall right animals once used to not wander on deed tiles, and that sounds like the ideal solution tbh. Everything that can bash down your stuff should not be able to wander onto your deed or spawn there. Everything else is fair, since you can pen your animals and/or hide in a house should it be necessary. But logging out only for some troll to smash everything up is annoying and just plain stupid.

• Like 1

I have been reviewing this unfortunate situation.  I have already apologized personally to Banarashi for my not being fully aware of the situation.  I knew he was having a giant issue, but after talking to him it appears a bit more severe than I knew. 

I am still looking into it, but as of this morning I do not find a giant in his area.

Please be aware that normally all players are responsible for choosing their areas carefully.  Unique spawns can happen anywhere, but will occur off deed.  The unique on the other hand just sees something in its way and wants to smash it.

I am afraid and genuinely concerned this is a thread we will see often in the coming months until a solution is found. Uniques will respawn near existing deeds and absolutely ravage them with players having little to no defense - even if they manage to muster up a large group to kill it, it takes time - uniques just destroy walls like they're playing whack-a-mole now. A lot of damage will already be done long before people kill it.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

If it's about anti-penning... 

Have uniques try to reach an arbitrary number of tiles away when moving.  If it can path there, no need to bash.  If it can't path there (meaning blocked off from all 4 sides), bash until free.

Shouldn't, +in theory+, be too tricky, given how mobs will chase one around a fence if there's the opening nearby enough.

Bit of if/then/else too.... basically so they smash trying to get AWAY from a deed, and only move onto deeds if there's no barrier in between (in other words, not try to smash their way IN to a deed, only OUT of it IF there's no viable way out).

I do kinda pity the dev who'll have to write up that algorithm, but hey, can't be worse than trying to code the 3D in bridges =P

Does seem a little harsh, but you could always move away

So easy to spend others money for them isn't it? Last I knew disbanding was a Loss of coin still. IMO deed trashing uniques should not even happen.

By all means have uniques if you must, just not at a loss of coin on a deed where there we should somewhat safe.

Edited by thrundarr

Can we see some screenshots of the devestation please?