Sign in to follow this  
Quostin

Tent in Water Bug

It seems that someone was added today along with more iron ore is that you can put a tent in the water (anywhere), but when you try to pick it up, you get an message saying "You can't put that in the water." It is like it mistaking that you are putting it down when you try to pick it up. I can no longer pick up my tent off the beach because it is in water. I also did a support in game.

Edited by Quostin

I tried to make the tent on land by moving dirt and building up to it, and I still can't get it the tent. It continues to say "You can't put that in the water." I did a 3x3 area around the tent.

2gt5gyv.jpg

35jmed5.jpg

Edited by Quostin

I am getting the same bug it lets me place the tent in water but not pick it up. It seems the block is on the wrong side it stops you from picking it up and not dropping it. 

Edited by Kegan

If you can embark on a cart or horse you will be able to pick the tent up.It seems to be based on how high the player is above water.

• Like 1

I have the same problem while trying to take a tent that is inside my boat.

Thank you! I had my tent on a little islet and dropped some dirt to stand on, & well away form the water.

Was able to retrieve my tent

I have a partially finished house on a very small island and I accidentally dropped a tent inside of it.  Partly in and partly out, with no way to pick it back up.  After asking for suggestions: drop dirt (which I can't in a house), ride a horse (which I can't as I am not smart enough), or drive/ride in a large cart (I cannot drive one yet and no one was available in my area to drive me for it so I could embark as a passenger), one player said to try getting the cart close to stand on it, and I realize even though I can't drive it I can drag it.  I dragged it nearby and was able to embark as a passenger and get the tent.  I did not like the last option given which was to destroy my house, hours of work gone, no thank you! lol... Glad I got it back and didn't have to trash my house.

Going to bump this thread, because this bug really needs to be addressed. It's hurting new players.

I live on Release, so we don't get many new players, but I still see new tents stuck in water near lakes daily. Please, please fix this.

• Like 1