Sign in to follow this  
groundchuck

Open . yaya or nay

soooooooo, one week after xanadu opens.... will we get the other servers united? sure would like a yes or no for a change.

I sure hope so tired of being a broke ass newb when I have all the money and supplies I ever wanted on Pristine and loaded just waiting to sail over. I even repremmed two characters for this move so I'd hope it's not in vain and yet again more money wasted on this with nothing to show for it. I already lost my iron mines....thanks to reshuffle, so please do something right and give us the ability to get our money on this server....at the least.....People like me aren't made of cash and can't afford to just up and buy everything we need for a new character when I already have it all on my main.

• Like 1

Yea I cant play wurm got nothing to do im all packed ready to leave for xana

• Like 3

Before you couldn't get the PR team to stay quiet ... now crickets.

• Like 1

They have already said a few times that we will be so unless they post that they need more time than i am sure it will be soon. I guess with all the work they did they probably took a few days off. 

same here. shelled out for 51x51 on xan with noob and reloading 2 chars to p/u  from sw exo from n/w pristine. lumps, lamps, crops and meat ready to go. hope i wont be let down.

God I do hope so. I am literally sitting on the deed waiting. How many people are moored on the server border waiting for the connection??

• Like 1

Here's the "yes" that you asked for. The devs have commited to connecting the Freedom Isles and can't back out.

Here's the topic asking for a date.

*dusts hands*

"At LEAST one week" It's been discussed to death already.

Could be anything up to a month within reason. If it isn't connected by 1 month after release, then there's issue to be had. Anything before that is well within their given time period.

• Like 2

/me wonders how many people are sitting with whole deeds packed up in a boat and waiting on the ocean near crossing... like I am now... -,-

• Like 4

I'd suggest picking up a new skill while you wait. I took up archery

/me wonders how many people are sitting with whole deeds packed up in a boat and waiting on the ocean near crossing... like I am now... -,-

Stopped all building, been doing some downsizing, got iron in the crates, horses have a new home, deed's good to sell (by and by, if you had your deed good to sell to someone NOT moving, odds are they think it connected today... dat pressure to "take the silver, gimme the paper, and get yo armored self on that knarr!"............................. Think I can fit it all in a knarr.

It's getting tempting to pack everything, complete the sale, dock at some friend's harbor at some unobstrusive corner, and check back in December  (partial figure of speech) if no other game has particularly snagged me by then.

Hoping by Friday we have something concrete, latest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHROHJlU_Ng

Katy... *rawr*

But gentlemen please be more patient!
I also have a boat at Pristine border but im wait silenty for the time.
Rolf promised the jun 3th opening and he did, he primisd the iron vein fix and he did.
Rolf promised the connections and I believe he will do is as soon as it will highly safe for the servers and for us.
Without any crash without any rollback.
It's not an easy job so I ask you all hurrying guy to help him just with your patience!
Thank you!

• Like 2

Since the Dev's initially announced the opening of Xanadu and that the other servers (excluding P&R at the time then) would be connected to it by ship travel, there has never been a doubt in my mind that it would be connected to them. The yes or no question of the OP has been answered several times since.

The question then remains when. When possible for the least compromised and detrimental effects possible within then a reasonable time frame would be my guess. Until then, I wait occupied by doing other things on other servers, since after all, waiting to sail over implies having another character or few waiting to do so.

Anyway, this Xanadu thread is swiftly becoming my favorite to see what others are up to there currently and beyond.

=Ayes=

I am putting my place up for sale tonight and sailing to a neighbours where I am going to store things until the servers connect.

Open it up before summer lures people away. New and shiny is quickly forgotten when folks are sitting around waiting to do stuff especially when the sun is shining and people are breaking out the BBQs.

• Like 1

Based on the lag we had most of last weekend, I gotta a feeling we are gonna wait another week, at least.

It'll be a shame if it does not open today, a lot of people have worked hard to be ready in time.  Still I suppose a clean opening is better than a bug riddled one filled with reboots and lost goods.

I'm not packing up and moving over, though I do plan on visiting a lot, but if I was packing up my whole deed, I would be more than happy to wait a day or two to make sure the crossings go well.  I'd hate to be the first one over with a deed packed in a Knarr only to find myself floating alone in the blank ocean as the loaded Knarr poofs away and they start rolling things back.   :lol: