Sign in to follow this  
MsInformative

Hardmode Collective Recruitment Thread V2 (More flashy)

AxAGUdT.png

The Hardmode Collective needs you!
Greetings all, and welcome to the Hardmode Collective Recruitment thread! The Hardmode Collective is an Alliance and Community currently comprised of six deeds and one private estate, Pleasant Shores Smithworks, The Darkened Grove, Tit Lake, Wynnwood, Echo Valley Retreat and The Overlook. Formed from a group of haggard adventurers who decided a fresh start in open wilderness on Xanadu just wasn't hard enough, and thus proceeded to dispose of our starting gear and set forth with nearly nothing. We invaded the peninsula south of Glass Hollow naked and thirsty for difficulty... and difficult it was, full of death and Kyklopses. Kyklopsis. Kyklopsssssssssss --

Enough backstory! We are seeking interested folk to join our merry little lakeside Alliance, which is off to a stunning start, I may add. We are currently up to 12-13 people (the lake is very large! ;) ) and we're looking for a few more yet. Recruitment will start Friday, the 9th of June. Here are the criteria we look for:

Basic Knowledge of Wurm, like crafting, accessing in-game help.

Yup. That's it.

Still want that hard, masochistic experience? Well, you can sort of have it.
If you are dead-set on still having a true Hardmode experience, from the ground up, I would recommend starting in Vrock Landing, keeping your tent only. (Flint and Steel and Compass are optional, but nothing else) Rummage and forage and forage and rummage until you have some basic gear, and then head West until you get to the Bay of Pegs. (The big inlet on the map between Vrock and the Peninsula.) Once you reach this, either swim across, (good luck) or go around, making slightly better stuff along the way.

All in all, should take you a day or two. By the time you reach us you should have some basic kit, and we can provide you with the rest. Remember not to pick up anyone else's scraps (we're cavemen, not thieves), nor use their mines in your trek; You'll only ruin the experience for yourself.

But I Just want to join!
That's fine too! We in the Alliance have thoroughly disposed of our crude tools at this point and are quite excited with current developments. If you fit with our needs, then we'll happily inv/port you on over. The ultimate point of Hardmode was that Day One wilderness experience.

Is there still room for another deed?
That's sort of up in the air. While to some degree we'd prefer to expand current deeds before creating new ones, there is at least one location that could probably fit a medium-ish deed. In order to deed as a new member, however, we would ask that you take part in the community for a couple weeks before hand, to be sure of a good fit.

Ok! That's enough info! Who do I throw myself at in order to move this along?
Just PM Magusuri, MsInformative, Buddydude, or Giorrge. and we'll help you get started. Let us know your experience with Wurm and your goals for Xanadu, and we'll go from there!

Regards,
The Hardmode Collective

Edited by MsInformative
  • Like 4

If you give me some notice I can help with finding a deed in area. We can hike up the paths and look for a nice spot.

Nice post Msinformative   :D

• Like 1