Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Credit for Perimeter Tiles when you expand. (Fixed in the Update)

I had always assumed we got credit for any paid perimeter tiles when you later expand but come to find out we don't. I am not sure how long this has been this way but I feel we have been cheated out of this for long enough we need to get credit for the paid perimeter tiles when we do expand later. As you will see below the new deed i have on Xanadu should only cost me 1s to expand but with the oversight/bug whatever it is we are being charged the full amount again.  

As you can see here it should only cost me 1s according to the deed calculator but since we are not getting any credit for the perimeter tiles when we later expand i am losing 61s and that is a lot of money and needs fixed. (made with the new deed stake)

4qDsSPz.jpg

Edited by Kegan

That's the way it always was, and I think is really fair this way.

You pay for a service - to reserve that land or keep others away, you benefit of it, so all good.

If you're not OK with it, just deed full size directly using a form and a premium account.

Sadly its not a bug, its one of the things I complained about a couple months ago when I had a deeded the normal 5x5 but with perimeter it was almost 100x100, then later I went to deed the entire thing, and had to pay full price for the 100x100 that I had already paid perimeter. I even opened a support ticket and talked to a GM to verify that was the way it was supposed to work, and I was told yes, that we do NOT get credit for any perimeterthat we put down should we later deed over it. Lucky for you your doing it when things are half priced, I did it when things were full priced :(

+1

You might as well pay for the entire deed the first time around.. i thought the whole point of expanded perimeter was to reserve for later expansion (which could be from a number of reasons, most likely cost of expansion though).

Or maybe make it very clear about this when someone chooses to have extended perimeter, have a warning that it isn't saving you any money.

I have to disagree with the ones saying it is not a bug/oversight it very well could be. Not trying to throw him under the bus but even one of the developers thinks it could be too. 

Seems a bit harsh to charge full price again for deeding paid for perminter tiles. This could possible a bug/oversight though rather than intended.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103172-deed-resizing-woes/#entry1046189

Edited by Kegan

If there will be no drawback on this, everyone would start with 11x11 deed with perimeter, and only expand as they need more land. This will result with less money for Code Club.

As it is now you have three options:

- deed full size directly (CC mskes money from upkeep)

- deed + perimeter (Cc makes money from the fact you pay petimeter once and deed once)

- stay smaller and plan to expand later (CC makes money from tje other people who could deed near you)

There shouldn't be a cheat to reserve all land you want and pay less money than someone just deeding in the first place.

you're not that is what the perimeter tiles are for reserving land to expand to later. I am actually paying more doing it this way when it should cost me the same as if i did it from the start.  I am paying the upkeep on the perimeter tiles as a tax if you will for the right to expand there later.  I don't buy something and pay 1000 reserve and then the full amount later they take the 1000 off the price when i buy and i pay the balance.

Edited by Kegan

It probably to make it more costly for people to bomb non deeded villages, since perm prevents fixing.

+1

The money put into perimeter ought to be deducted from the cost to expand into it.  If we lose 100% of the cost of tiles when we downsize, it seems only fair that we get a discount when we upsize the deed into our own perimeter we have paid for.

I brought this up years ago when the new deeding system with buyable perimeters was first introduced.  Since it hasn't been fixed in all this time I doubt it ever will.  There would be too many like myself that would want a retroactive refund.  But +1 anyway.

I brought this up years ago when the new deeding system with buyable perimeters was first introduced.  Since it hasn't been fixed in all this time I doubt it ever will.  There would be too many like myself that would want a retroactive refund.  But +1 anyway.

Well we can't expect change with that reasoning we would never get any good changes or fixes. We would have to accept that it is a change and not think of it as a "fix" so much. Then at least moving forward it would be resolved and right now is the perfect time to rethink the way things work because they are changing them anyway so if we are ever going to get this resolved this would be the time. 

We already lose out when we disband and downsize we should at least not have to pay twice when we want to expand more. We are after all going to be paying more for the cost difference and then in upkeep that should be enough.  

Edited by Kegan

• The cost for any perimeter tiles you have already purchased is now deducted from the cost when expanding with normal settlement tiles (so you don’t have to pay again).

Guess this can be closed :)