Sign in to follow this  
Cora

User cannot access forums and new character creations only last short time

User cannot access forum page (says permission denied). That is even accessing web page as a guest viewer.

He's created two characters, both which were playable for a short time after creation, then the game-start loading screen (with the tower) stalls on "Connecting". When wrong password is used, it does connect enough to say it's the wrong user/pwd.

It seems to me he's being blocked on the Wurm side. Is there an adaptive security thing that's blocking play? He's connecting through a VPN, is that part of the issue?

I'm using the same OS as he is, I can access game fine. (Had some graphical issues on my end at first but now it's fine)

The only thing I could think of on the forums is that you need to be logged in to the forum to see certain threads, mainly those in the theater.

The forums are separate from the game he needs to make an account for the forums. As far as the game goes if you have a 64 bit operating system like windows 7 64 bit you will need the 64 bit java or it will crash like that. One of the best things to try after the java is to disable GLSL shaders in the settings on the launcher in the compatability tab. As far as the VPN i have no idea. 

Edit: If it does not crash and just sits with a loading screen (connecting) then yes that sounds like a network issue. 

Edited by Kegan

I have used a VPN with wurm several times and in several locations with no problem, also i have gamed with others doing as much.