Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Over Water Animal Transport

I don't care how you do it either by a new crate or just load in a boat but we need a way to transport animals over water. Not across server boarders just across the water on the same server. 

Edit: The non-swimming kind like bison, deer, cattle and hell horses

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

You can lead them from a boat. Can transport 3 this way.

Big +1

Fairly basic requirement that i'm sure a lot of people can benefit from. I personally like the idea of a ferry that you can board animals to if you are leading them or adding the ability to existing ships from the sailing boat and up.

Only horses, what about Cows or Bison?
Edited by Deathly

Well i was meaning the non-swimmers like bison, cattle, hell horses and deer.

Edited by Kegan

I still feel that you can lead them through water. If they can't be lead, then you can tame them (1 at a time). They should follow you through water if led.

Though I have only done this with horses, I don't see why it wouldn't work with other animals too.

Lets just make all animals swimmers while lead. This is pretty impactful on Xanadu until their road systems set up, but it's also a decision as an island liver to basically never get a chance to play with bison/hells without a lot of hassle.

Edit: horses are swimmers while untamed as well. I can try leading my tamed mountain lion for a swim to confirm that doesn't work.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 1

I still feel that you can lead them through water. If they can't be lead, then you can tame them (1 at a time). They should follow you through water if led.

Though I have only done this with horses, I don't see why it wouldn't work with other animals too.

because horse can swim, the animals kegan mention can't. They won't follow, in any case they might get stuck on water edge and drown without reason.

Make it possible to hitch animals to ships.

Lets just make all animals swimmers while lead. This is pretty impactful on Xanadu until their road systems set up, but it's also a decision as an island liver to basically never get a chance to play with bison/hells without a lot of hassle.

Edit: horses are swimmers while untamed as well. I can try leading my tamed mountain lion for a swim to confirm that doesn't work.

While I can sympathize wit islanders, to be honest is a personal choice they made and they know beforehand some animals don´t swim, and if they didn´t know well they should.

It is much like the ore situation on Xanadu, people settled without caring to prospect the area and then got angry and asked for an ore redistribution, trampling over all people that indeed made it in the right way.

At some point this game needs to stop rewarding people for their own poor decision and above all stop punishing the people that make the things right.

While I can sympathize wit islanders, to be honest is a personal choice they made and they know beforehand some animals don´t swim, and if they didn´t know well they should.

It is much like the ore situation on Xanadu, people settled without caring to prospect the area and then got angry and asked for an ore redistribution, trampling over all people that indeed made it in the right way.

At some point this game needs to stop rewarding people for their own poor decision and above all stop punishing the people that make the things right.

It's not just about islanders ... there are plenty of places on Inde too that would be easier to reach if we could sail then hit land somewhere and continue on land with our wagons pulled by bisons (also non swimmers) instead of having to search for a land route to go all the way to our destination. Saving a little time would come handy imo .. so +1.

• Like 1

I hate animals and even I think this is a good idea, and the hundreds of times its been suggested. +1 again :)

• Like 1

this is a good idea esp when you are traveling to deliver some animals to someone either through an island or by other means you cant take all animals through water for instance pigs get trapped in the water bottom so yes allow it so we all can lead animals through water all animals not just horses +1

horses can swim - bison and cows can't

it seems like maybe a modified load item could work here - just right click load animal - only thing is I'd set it to server only item - so they don't cross server boarders as this could be abused

This has been suggested many times befor and it needs to work across servers to as many people moving to xanadu probably have favorites also a new cargo crate that works much like a bsb to move across land or water would be nice for those who are moving a lot of stuff would be nice.

This has been suggested many times befor and it needs to work across servers to as many people moving to xanadu probably have favorites also a new cargo crate that works much like a bsb to move across land or water would be nice for those who are moving a lot of stuff would be nice.

We already got this.... large and small crates

Edited by snakegal

+1  And I'd like to add that it would be nice if we could pick up the smaller animals like chickens and pheasants, though I totally understand why we can't.   :D  

I'm just wondering if some of you have ever tried to captain a large ship then lead animals.  It's not fun, damn frustrating.  Especially with the new animal "AI" where they run around the second they go off leash...

Seriously

∞+1

There's a number of ways to do this: animal crates, having them take up spots as crew, etc.

Only real concerns are server animal caps, and I kinda doubt that will be a real issue if ships are limited to a handful of critters. On the other hand... thousands of corn

Enact trade tariffs!

Edited by Klaa

No to this idea. Instead animal shipping crates should be able to be constructed. Then 1 animal can be loaded into each, small animal crate for small animals and large animal crate for large ones. In this manner they could also be loaded onto ships for cross server transit.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1