Sign in to follow this  
silakka

no skill loss at 100

Yet, if the protection is added because people can die through bugs, then why does somebody with a skill at 100 get protection on that skill but somebody with 99.999999 doesn't? In both cases it takes a rediculous amount of time to recover the loss. In that case shouldn't the skill protection activate a lot sooner? somewhere beteen 95-99 for example?

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and in order to keep the PoK people quiet I recommend that it only be for 100, that includes a title that you really don't want to lose.  I know it's hard to lose skills anywhere over 90, but let's not make this no skill loss too generous.

+1

It's a frickin sandbox game, why should everything be streamlined? "Just get PoK" "Just pave with cobble" "Just convert to Vynora" and so on is all I hear every time someone suggests a change that will benefit the players who chose to not follow the streamlined path. I don't want to join path of knowledge, I want to be on the path of love. What I do want is not losing 0.25 from a 100 skill if I ever get one of those.

• Like 2

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and in order to keep the PoK people quiet I recommend that it only be for 100, that includes a title that you really don't want to lose.  I know it's hard to lose skills anywhere over 90, but let's not make this no skill loss too generous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but titles aren't lost once they've been earned, even through skill loss, are they?

Correct

there's like... 4? people with 100 skill that I'm aware of, why do all these PoK peeps think it's OP to give the handful of people one frozen skill?

there's like... 4? people with 100 skill that I'm aware of, why do all these PoK peeps think it's OP to give the handful of people one frozen skill?

A lot more then that actually.

+1 though, and Need I say which account I have on PoK...? Yeah...

PoK is already freakin amazing with how we gain bonus exp to skills and no skill loss. If this was given ONLY to 100, PoK doesn't lose anything. (100 skill isn't going to make a person do anything better then someone at 99, or even really 96-97)

As long as it was only for 100, it would be fine. Because at that point you've already hit the "limit"

I love PoK and will never go off it on any of my characters, but this isn't a downside, nerf, ect to it. Even if everyone was getting a 100 skill each month, it wouldn't.

And to those that are saying it makes it easy mode...

Get a 100 skill, die, and will talk how "hard" that made your life.

• Like 1

I agree with not losing any skill points on a skill that hit 100. As someone who is going to hit a 100 no one (That I know of...) got yet, I'm terrified to even go off my deed in risk of dying and losing that .250. While you still got that title you got at 100, you still don't have that 100 to show that you earned, just a 99.750. I don't see why people would get mad that someone get to keep their 100 that they earned from a death without needing to go down the PoK line.

+1

Completely maximizing a skill is very uncommon. The few who do deserve this perk.

Edited by Eldurian
  • Like 2

Its an OCD thing, people who get to 100 in a skill, should be given the adress of a therapist near their homes, instead of nursing their afliction.

Wanted to give this a bump. As I get closer to 100, I start to fear for my life even more. A simple death, a simple glitch, a simple FPS freeze from travel lag or any type of lag can set me back more than a month and a half for a simple .250 loss. Even if you can't stop 100 from losing skill, at least alter the death loss for things.

The higher the skill, the less loss you get when you die. Like a 10 skill can lose a whole point, which is easy to get back in 5 minutes, while someone with 99.990 would lose something like... .010. .010 would still take 5-10 days to get back itself, but that is a hell of a lot better than losing .250 at 99.990 down to 99.740.

+1

0.25 loss seems like something from the times nobody even dreameed of 90lvl in any skill. I think it should be a number of ticks, not just hardcoded number. It would be even better though to have certain safepoints, be it tier-based (i.e. 50-70-90) or something different.

"Just don't die" sounds like a cruel joke considering how many times i found myself on the edge of a cliff due a regular client freeze while autorunning, or gathering a train of critters and then catching a regular DC.

• Like 1

skill loss from death should use the same formula as skill gains from leveling.  The higher the skill, the smaller the skill gain tick and smaller the skill loss on death.  Seems super simple to do.

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

skill loss from death should use the same formula as skill gains from leveling.  The higher the skill, the smaller the skill gain tick and smaller the skill loss on death.  Seems super simple to do.

I agree. Having it as a fix rate from skill 1 to 100 makes no sense at all. Being forced to go down the Path of Knowledge to level 9 so you don't lose any skills but FS when dying shouldn't be needed. Like a tick x 10 or so should the loss or something that punish dying, but at the same time doesn't kill any motivation to skill something again. Willing to continue if I lose .010 of a skill at 99.990, but losing .250 at the same skill amount basically kills any reason to continue and possibly make me want to leave for an extended amount of time as I watch a couple months of work go down the drain.