Sign in to follow this  
silakka

no skill loss at 100

why 99, or 95 or 94, lets say you never loose any skill when you die, and THEN it wuold be fair.

I think I've died to non-pvp reasons three times in the past two years, sadly, two were due to bugs, which you can't usually just use your head and avoid

To that point, I lost my highest skill by walking into a cave wall and instantly dying.

why 99, or 95 or 94, lets say you never loose any skill when you die, and THEN it wuold be fair.

Lets say everyone on both clusters gets legendary titles at 100 instead, and THEN it would be fair

It wouldn't take anything away from you, sure. But from the game? Drop selfish reasons and think about the bigger picture; the actual risk of playing the game and being in a fight. If you have no reason to fear death there is no reason not to Zerg everything because you won't lose anything from it.

Sounds like fun! that would make PvP actually enjoyable.

get path of knowledge.

Yea sry im with the path guys/girls here to, if you can grind skills to that level is it really that much of a mission to do the meditation to protect said skills. 

Lets say everyone on both clusters gets legendary titles at 100 instead, and THEN it would be fair

Id love it if that was possible, but its not up to me, its not the topic of this thread, and it wouldnt be fair to the real workers in freedom.

Bugs are inevitable...i would not like it if i lost my skill when so close to the legendary level..+1..Pok is there i agree..but it should not be necessary to follow pok to preserve our 100 skill..once we are 100..we should remain 100 regardless of which path we follow :)

+1

I love how people choose to hide ALL their skills behind PoK then want to criticize someone for wanting to protect a skill that's 100. It's obvious that most of the respondents here have absolutely no idea how hard it is to make any progress after 99. Penalizing a player months of work for a single death is just to harsh. 

Call it Murphy's Law or whatever but I've never died and lost skill in something stupid like milking. The game goes after the important skills every time. 

• Like 5

Could always count it as an extra incentive to go for the 100 skill. Once you get it, that's it permanent, no matter your Meditation.

It's not as if it even affects many people. It isn't as though it makes PoK redundant either. People only have a couple of 100's at maximum...and I'm sure plenty would get PoK even if their 100 stats were locked in place, to protect their others that they don't want to get 100.

Edited by Outlaw

Could always count it as an extra incentive to go for the 100 skill. Once you get it, that's it permanent, no matter your Meditation.

It's not as if it even affects many people. It isn't as though it makes PoK redundant either. People only have a couple of 100's at maximum...and I'm sure plenty would get PoK even if their 100 stats were locked in place, to protect their others that they don't want to get 100.

• Like 1

+1

Reading this I see the following

'I spend a few months and get PoK to prevent  skill loss on death so you shouldn't get squat for spending a year plus getting 99.99 in a skill other than a reach around if you die'

How about this.

PoK only affects skill BELOW 90  come back in 6 months and see how many people with PoK will ###### and moan it's not fair.

Why should 1 skill have a blanket affect on ALL skills.

He's not asking for that blanket affect on all skills, he asking it for MAX out skills.

If he wanted cheat and go the lazy route and get the bonus to skills he woulda gone PoK instead he put in the time effort and work to reach max level skills without any PoK bonus or blanket of whineyprotection.

Every day he steps onto a boat he takes a risk just 2 days ago, Shagsdeval was sailing back, server back up lagged him so bad he was booted from his boat, came back on and drowned, resulting in a skill loss.  How was that a risk vs consquences for game play?

By that reasoning you asking for a random lightening bolt to strike and kill you every time you log on before your screen is even loaded up.

If I spent 2 years and died to some stupid bug or glitch in the game and then have to spend another 6 months just getting my skill points back up I'd be pissed beyond belief.

No way can you compare enchanting grass to a bonus in skills + a crybabyblanket of protection when you die.

• Like 4

-1. Follow the Path of Knowledge.

Or should I demand 'Refresh' option because I hit, say, 20 Woodcutting?

Sorry, no. This is the reason PoK has that ability in the first place. you get your pick of med paths and you clearly picked the wrong one for your priorities.

Edited by Othob Rithol

-1. Follow the Path of Knowledge.

Or should I demand 'Refresh' option because I hit, say, 20 Woodcutting?

• Like 1

That's a horrible comparison. There are already overlapping functionalities in the game. For example, Magranon priests gain 25% damage on their attacks, while level 7 Path of Hate grants 50% for a period of time.

+1

Ok it was a poor example. Please note, that the OP says: "Im very keen to my path of love". Yeah I bet, Refresh and Enchant are cool perks to have! But sorry, Cemented Knowledge is somewhere else.

Edited by Hula_Girl

Still +1

I really don't see how any one can seriously legit believe it will devalue path of knowledge.  How many people do you know with 100 in a skill?  Can you really say the only option we should have to protect maybe one skill at real 100 is to give up any other bonuses given, and switch to knowledge? 

I don't think anyone really understands how hard a real 100 skill is, anyone that's obtained it surely is worth having it protected

• Like 5

I don't think it is so much about devaluing the path, as it is about pointing out that the option is already there if you choose to use it.

And no, Idon't think merely having 100 skill, despite how hard it is to obtain, makes you a world heritage site. Keeping the title if you drop beneath 100 sounds right (assuming it isn't that way already, idk) because you did attain it. 

I don't think it is so much about devaluing the path, as it is about pointing out that the option is already there if you choose to use it.

And no, Idon't think merely having 100 skill, despite how hard it is to obtain, makes you a world heritage site. Keeping the title if you drop beneath 100 sounds right (assuming it isn't that way already, idk) because you did attain it. 

Ok well I was keeping it more a general thing for everyone, but for myself personally, I have 99.999428 fs currently, when I get 100, knowledge won't protect against that... because it doesn't protect fs loss, so no I don't personally have an option

I'd be ok with keeping the title, if I was actually allowed to get a title for 100 skill in the first place

• Like 1