Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

A few questions about templars and trolls

1. When did trolls gain the ability to cross water? He used to be on the island across the way. He is sure in hell here on mine now.

2. How many templars at 2s to hire and 1s per month does it take to kill a champion one? I have 3. He is still at full health.

EDIT: The Xanadu experience. 20s for a deed. Prospecting that says there is ore and rock that says there is not. 12s for templars to kill a water crossing champion troll that cannot kill the water crossing champion troll. Me sitting in a boat off my deed because of previously mention champion troll. I would say this is as fun as it can get.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Three templars are not enough to kill a champ troll by the look of things.  They respawn every half hour after he kills them and by that time he is back at full health and killing them off again. No use to pay for templars now. Not even three of them can protect you from a troll.  Lots of money to buy them but really they are worthless against trolls. I would like to propose that:

1. Spirits respawn immediately - not sure why they take so long to respawn that it gives the mob time to regen to full health?

2. Spirits get buffed to at least take care of the mob for you so you get what you pay for:  Protection.

• Like 1

Champ trolls are "mini-uniques" in power. Templars won't stop those either. Your best bet for nasty trolls is to use freebie alts to lure them away.

Generally speaking, some FS, a decent wep, and using templars to tank them while you help DPS is how they're handled. You can throw in a pet mountain lion for DPS easily too.

Edited by Sevenless

I am on an island on Xanadu. He was on the island next door. He came across the water, which trolls do not do, onto my deed. I have (had) 2.5 FS. I have a 10 QL sword (now a troll shod from one of his fallen brothers on the other island). I tried to lead him back off but now he refound his fear of water and won't go home. I am stuck with him until I guess they connect servers.

...and regarding the plan for a pet?  On Xanadu and zero taming, and on that island there are no other animals to tame anyway.  So it is just the noob with no armour, no weap, no fs and no way to lead him off the island again...which he miraculously entered by crossing water too deep for him to wade in...  Spirits should be able to tank these though. Especially if you buy three spirits to tank it, at 3s a spirit...and then they take 45 mins to respawn after only killing him halfway...so by that time he is fully regenned...to me it does seem excessive to pay 3s for a guard (9s for three) when they cannot protect you from such a mob.  

Edited by Fairyshine

Dead. And so is my faith in Wurm. 3 templars 4 tries to do it at 12s on a server where no one has skills to kill a swimming troll.

Now, I know the templars suck ass. I saw it myself. They aren't worth 2 coppers to hire and 1 copper per month let alone making those coins silver. So please tell me how a troll teleports across water from one island to the next in a spot he has tried to cross for the past 5 days and could not.

• Like 2

You could try to call it in as a "bug", because like you said, trolls shouldnt be able to cross water (at least they didnt do so in the past, only agros I knew of that could swim, where crocs, rats and brown bears).

I think it would be nice of a gm to come and wizkill it, since only an army of templars will be able to take it down, and as Xanadu is a new server, there is no player alive yet with high fighting skill (or even archery, to shoot it from afar) to take it down.

On inde, when I was rather new on wurm, it took me 6 towerguards to keep a ven champ troll busy, while 3 villagers with 50-60FS where hitting it.

• Like 1

[13:08:58] <Nonanorwood> when did trolls get the ability to cross water? 

[15:32:05] Aged champion troll is dead. R.I.P.

This is how long it takes 3 templars to kill a champion troll that teleports across water from one island to another.

The support ticket was not answered.

EDIT: 6s well wasted.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

fyi trolls easy to beat with archrey even with 40 skill + 40ql arrows.

if they make the templars stronger, thy will probably loose a good chunk of money since people will be able to hire less templars for protection, also the tears from pvp crew will flood all servers and any char without access to a boat will drown.

• Like 2

if they make the templars stronger, thy will probably loose a good chunk of money since people will be able to hire less templars for protection, also the tears from pvp crew will flood all servers and any char without access to a boat will drown.

Which is exactly why they suck now.  :ph34r: (ninja'd... guards slowed down, made stupid, and templars with them.)

Templars has only ever been good for 2 things: spamming your local and killing clueless newbs who cut down your priced pine tree 

Depends on how deep the water was. As players, carts, and mounts can cross "ford depth" waters, so can animals and monsters.

I'm pretty sure a separate templar entity can be made for different kingdoms.  

As for "making templars stronger would make people hire less of them" ... actually fired mine at a point because I could get the job done way better.  If I need something tanked, tower guards.  This being on not Xanadu where characters have the skills to maul their own trolls and build guard towers.   

I wouldn't have added spawn points that generate champions on Xan just yet, to be honest.  

That said, I see no reason to buff up templars and make them worth something again.  Only way i could handle a champ troll as a newbie was my two templars + guards from tower, THEN lead to next deed with templars before he could regen.

Edited by Mordraug

Klaa - We tested the water everywhere and especially where the troll "walked across" (it did not walk though...one moment it was stuck on the opposite island where it has been stuck for five days, the next it was standing behind us on our island.)  You could not cross the water anywhere without swimming.  It was not wade depth, it was swimming depth.  When we tried kiting it back to where it came from, it refused to go into the water the same way it was doing for five days previously, but this time it was stuck on our side not the opposite side.

Edited by Fairyshine

Server reset, restarted, and his position probably was not updated or put in correctly, much like how animals you haven't moved in weeks are suddenly found half way across the map.

Champ trolls are "mini-uniques" in power. Templars won't stop those either. Your best bet for nasty trolls is to use freebie alts to lure them away.

Generally speaking, some FS, a decent wep, and using templars to tank them while you help DPS is how they're handled. You can throw in a pet mountain lion for DPS easily too.

Recipe to kill a champ troll:

Ql 50+ Guard tower, 2-3 alts at 20 FS with ql 20 weapons.

That's how i killed 2 in a row when they still looked evil and badass. (Which is to say a couple years ago).

Edited by KanePT

Recipe to kill a champ troll:

Ql 50+ Guard tower, 2-3 alts at 20 FS with ql 20 weapons.

That's how i killed 2 in a row when they still looked evil and badass. (Which is to say a couple years ago).

That's not going to work on a server that opened last Thursday.

• Like 1

Hrm, two templars used to be enough to take out one champ troll. Sad that three is now not enough. Any idea why were they nerfed? (talking freedom here obviously)

• Like 1

Hrm, two templars used to be enough to take out one champ troll. Sad that three is now not enough. Any idea why were they nerfed? (talking freedom here obviously)

PvP whined, most likely.

I know that's what got us lazy, slow, unreliable tower guards.