Sign in to follow this  
airwynd

sailing

So i have a few questions in regards to boats.

First off is there a way to load wagons or carts into a boat finished or unfinished so if you live on an island and dont have a deed on the mainland you can still deliver goods.

Next i have been told you can be on a boat activate rope and pull a horse while sailing, is there any chance of losing said horse, do you have to constantly slow down and wait for it to catch up?

Last question is when sailing how can you tell how deep the water is, i have had major problems getting my buddys caraval stuck especially when trying to dock. Id really rather not have to drop anchor a few tiles from land and swim plus it would make loading and unloading impossible.

Thanks in advance

You can load Wagons and Carts into the largest ships finished, Corbita, Knarr, and Caravel.

Yes you can lead up to four animals while commanding or riding, and it will match your speed always, the only thing you have to weary about is when embarking/disembarking as one of which, (don't remember which one), will cause you to stop leading the animal(s).

You tell how deep the water is by just simply trying to sail into it, if the ship/boat gets stuck, its too shallow for that boat type. Alternatively you can get a pretty good sense of what is too shallow by looking at the tile borders from land to where you wish to go, and eventually you develop a good sense of how deep something is compared to what you need for your ship/boat.

you can load wagons on corbitas or larger boats..yet you need the required 23 body strength to use load feature.  you can also load large carts as well.  would be fun if you can load a rowboat into same boats that allow loading a wagon.

secondly you can lead a horse..works just the same as leading horse from back of cart.  it only breaks lead  if you dissembark then embark..much like cart or wagon. 

third..depth of water is more of an "eyeing" of it..if it looks shallow stay away..corbitas, cogs, and caravels need more clearance.  knarrs n sailbaots can pass through waters that still allow carts to pass on landbridges too, hope this helps

Thanks guys this helps alot although i am wondering if im sailing and lead animals then set anchor and dock up when i dissembark and they stop being lead do i then just simply have to reactivate the rope and lead them to land?

Im assuming you canot ride horses while swimming?

disembarking from your vessel will not break the lead,

And no you cant ride horses while swimming

Thanks once again help is always appreciated as this game has many rules and systems to learn