Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

The three female hairstyles we desperately need in Wurm

I know "desperately" sounds a tad over dramatic, but we have a very serious situation here.   Guys have cool facial hairstyles. If a group of 10 guys are meeting up to slay a dragon or something, they all look different. If 10 female fighters join them,  they all look like clones of each other. Women currently have a few look-alike unimaginative cuts that are frankly (sorry about this)  --  bor-ing. 

The dev team appears to be all guys. Ergo they are probably clueless as to what women want. 

You are in luck. I will help you with  this.   We want these three cuts added:

1, Short perky ponytail

2. Punky troublemaking rebel

3. demure maiden side braid

3femalecuts.png

Thank you on behalf of female wurm players. 

• Like 19

Clearly you're missing the obvious solution to your problem.

Fem-beards.

oviDpQB.jpg

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 21

I am not sure if I would go for these cuts out of all possible options myself (although surely they are great and would make an awesome addition regardless), but more hairstyles are definitely something needed :D

Edited by Viti
  • Like 2

I liked 1 and 3! 2 feels to much underground or native american in a medieval placed game :/

I knew before even clicking this thread that brqqq would like it

• Like 1

You can thank Keylia for the lovely artwork. Clearly this title needs to be changed to the SIX new hairstyles desperately needed for female players.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 1

Heh, yeah actually that's my favorite as well. If it's easy to attach to the model, why not let fem characters have beards. Bit of harmless fun ^^

In all seriousness: I do agree that more hairstyles would be cool. The current ones are hard to distinguish from more than a tile away.

Edited by Sevenless

I can get into some maiden braids :)

maiden beards

+1 to #1 and #3

+1000 to #2 in the bearded variant :D

old hots model hair style when

Where did that hair go ^?

Not 2 pls, and yes fembeards.

Beards on female charecters is a no go but many new hair styles would help players in wurm show their style so why not add a lot of new toon customization options including make up for female toons or guys I don't judge. But add more customization options and more players will come which means more cash for the devs.:)

make equipable beards for females, made out of furs!

but more hairstyles for both genders would be nice.

I don't see hime cut anywhere.

Not going with the "Hidden Fan" hairstyle?

1337596605170.jpg

I am all about women looking pretty. Add the hairstyles!

PS: We need some hair chest on male characters too, poking through the open collared shirt. Rawr.

So no one likes #2 (mostly because the the punk rocker look does not fit a medieval environment). The "naughty gothic"  HOTS model of the past at least has the benefit of nostalgia for oldtime players, which is nice. 

I still think we need one "rebel" look someplace.

There are a lot of beautiful braided options that are fitting for the medieval times  but I am not sure for a character model, what is "doable" or will translate to looking nice ingame at any graphics setting

Here+Are+Some+Medieval+Braided+Hairstyle 8650696e9268e20735394b8fa01dc44d.jpg a00ecc72a249570a8c3d4ea34567ad16.jpgb177dfa11a8e6610c3c5445795867233.jpg  <- my favorite

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Faces turned away? I sense a challenge. My artist is working on it now. Challenge completed ;)

bEhcy6w.jpg

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 3

Done and done. No woman is complete without a good hard bearding.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 2

Bumping six years later ... we still are waiting on better hairstyles for female characters.  

Even a tiny little one-dev game (below) is able to completely outperform  Wurm's poor selection of girl-dos:

uQ86TTR.png

Currently we have maybe two usable hairstyles with the majority of the rest being pretty bad. I simply am resigned now to making the exact same character over and over again for almost ten years now. The male choices are not as bad (having a good selection of facial hair helps immensely there).

You may not want to remove any existing in case someone actually is fond of one, but the addition of just 2-3 more GOOD ones would do the trick, and again my suggestions are:

1. Perky ponytail

2. Feisty fighter (google "viking female hairstyles")

3. demure maiden side-braid

Luckily these are styles that can be made without a lot of problems with clipping etc simply by following the current Wurm design model of "plastic hair". 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Bumping six years later ... we still are waiting on better hairstyles for female characters. 

Even a tiny little one-dev game (below) is able to completely outperform  Wurm's poor selection

Can be said for a lot more than just hair selection honestly