Sign in to follow this  
Qdlaty

Answer to Roame and other winning about iron

im reading about this iron here and in game freedom chat and not only, and i think it's very damaging for all around, i'm not saying about new players but about old players who winning here and there all day around, im not paying for my deed and not spending money for upkeep to read everywhere about how poor u ar bcoz u cdnt find any iron....?!?!?!!?!

...hey moment, i took random spawn place at Xanadu, didn't check map before i choosen that spawn point, so if i'm unhappy now by this what u saying about iron veins i should start screaming "aaaaaaaaaaa move me to different location bcoz i don't like that hill 2000km north from me? ", are u guys serious?

most of u got mains with skills 90+ and u knew very well from other server that iron and not only iron are spreaded here or there, and u waiting with yr's 90s to move here, so maybe devs should block borders for 1yr not 1week? maybe we new or low skilled and low experienced players don't want u here? ok i don't want u here u will destropy economy and pleasure from game u got it? it's some exchange u will get more iron veins but u wont be able to move yr 90s mains nor cross borders with xanadu, ar u ok with this deal? why not? u screaming like kids u got no iron so u will hv iron but no mains and no 90 skills and no open borders

or anoother idea, what if at my deed and 100km from my deed there is only iron and i need copper or zinc?, i know what i'll do, i start screaming to devs i want copper, zinc and marble in my area bczo i cant find it they hv to give it to me, why not? i think if iron will be every 10 tiles why not copper or marble? u old and experienced players who scream for iroon will 100% agree with me now, u got yr iron i will hv marble or copper or i don't know what more, this is what u want right? so let's it be

or i got another idea, u got no iron im trying 4th day to find female horses and all i found were 26 male horses, so i want more female horses!!!!! why not? u want more iron i want more female horses, female horse every 10 tiles why not?

i got clay, tar, peat 20mins walk from my deed...moment i cdn't find any moss, even i wont use it i want moss max 10mins walk from my deed!!!! just bcoz u old experienced players who created alts and claimed lands u knew from start they ar worth something, and now u demanding iron? why? why ar u sooooo  special that just for u any member of devs gonna start think u deserve to hv more iron?

i spent 2hrs walking from spawn spot to get to my location i'm now, rummaged 200 tiles and found vein, mined to it, but now just bcoz oof kiddy old experienced players they hv to move or add more iron bcoz u cdn't find any before u placed deed? why is it? if u ar so experienced and will move yr mains here why u cant move iron with u in yr caravels? if u deeded just bcoz u liked tree or water then its yr problem but dont make it everyone problem!

2-3 yrs ago i used to play game on pristine, i did know nothing, died 100s times, made 10000s mistakes, i put my house close to tundra (today i know - don't build in tundra), i had no iron, i had no marble, i didn't know nothing about rummage to moment when i found it in options with my pickaxe activated, after that every day i was running 10mins to mountains to rummage some iron, and i was happy bcoz i could make hammer or nails, i was learning the game step by step, sometimes some1 more experienced i met on the way told me this or that, thenh i was saying some info to another new players about something...but why now u old players want top hv more iron?

show me some land irl with all resources, show tell me USA or europe got all possible resources or tell me that each country got iron and all other possible resources, that every 100km in eahc country is iron mine, marble, copper etc?! i want to know the name, don't give me example of 1 country like russia or South Africa bcoz that ar only 2 countries in this sick world with almost all resources possible to have, but game is not Russia nor South Africa, and even this there ar no iron mines each 100km aparts from anothers!

i don't want to hv all possible resources at my deed, at my location or 100km from my deed....maybe i want to build ship and swimm to neighbours on the other side of the lake i'm at just to buy some moss from them for some iron?

think u old experienced winning players, waiting with 90s mains, with full loaded caravelas just to cross borders before u start demanding something more, bcoz if u start demanding more i start getting ppl and will demand yr mains to be removed from xanadu or to cap yr skill at 20 without possibility to go higher forever, as well without possibility for yr alts nor for ppl who joing yr villages with 90s op mains,

maybe new or not so experienced palyers whom spending 10hrs per day like me with wurpmedia what to and what don't to do could hv chance to create their own part of history in wurm, to create their lands, to build their homes or castles, to learn skills and to start economy?

maybe i and some ppl more who will  train priest skills dfont want someone with name Villager???? maybe hes charges and abilities sdn't be allowed to this server? what mr Villager will say now selling his servie before borders ar opened? more silver for new players at Xanadu then experienced Villager who will destroy Xanadu market or i'm wrong?

mr Villager i DO NOT WANT U HERE, u heared me? if u and ppl like u want more iron then we can say that we don't want overpowered 90s mains from other server next 365 days and then why i supposed to hv u here? maybe i want some1 new in game to enchant my mailbox and pay to him without allowing u to enter Xanadu borders? ...that's only example...but moment now mr Villager will hv to sacrifice a lot of items to enchant mailboxes and he will hv to start screaming bcoz there in area he is now there is no resources he need? what;s wrong with u guys?

• Like 3

TL;DR: 

*Hates Veteran Players

*Whines

*Economy BS

*Vets suck

*Whine

• Like 5

no man i just had to express my feeling slike everyone, i got same rights like ppl winning about iron to express myself or im wrong?

We tried this on Pristine and Release and ended up with like 15 -20 older players on new characters selling most of items and proclaiming themselves " P & R Royalty ", 1 week is plenty for a land grab, if notice already deeds are dwindling being dropped, those that took the leap to get a new spot have done so for the most part, Rolf has made a buck or two, all's right with the world.

All your gaming problems are not caused by those that have played for years, the people that have played for years have kept it on life support at times during periods of stagnant growth.

TL;DR: 

*Hates Veteran Players

*Whines

*Economy BS

*Vets suck

*Whine

Yep looks like you nailed it.  I don't like others whining but here let me whine too.

English as second language?

If you are going to write a long post please consider proof reading.

Danke.

For anybody contemplating not reading this because its very long, I highly recommend you do. Much funny

• Like 1

if u could read and understand what i wrote with my broken english then maybe we could find some way, im not complaining about old or new players, i was giving questions and asnwers to my questions as well, this mean my post was rhetorical, going future it does mean u dont need to answer, i just wanted to say something bcoz this is sick to read about that stupid iron everyhwere, if iron is not everywhere then what, go and find it

and thx Kadore for normal answer, i see u read my post and understood it a little (even with my doggy english)  opposite to some other ppl

ilovewurm, eng is my 4th lang :) and im not going to proof anything, if u cant understand what i wrote it does mean that maybe if english is yr mother language then sadly i need to say that u cant communicate in it ;p

Hah, I kinda agree with what little I could translate (The bits about people whining about not having iron where they deeded - you folks never head of scouting?) but the rest was just nerd rage about evil vets (I gather) so interest was quickly lost.

Next time get someone who isn't so emotional to proof read it first.

what's wrong with english speaking ppl? not everyone is english speaking and not everyone want to be, speaking english is nothing special, and in 75% of the world u can finish beheaded speaking english;p

Not sure where you got your percentages.  But you might want to recheck the numbers.  On the off side.  Kadore read a post that long?  That gave me the biggest laugh of the whole thread.

• Like 1

Not sure where you got your percentages.  But you might want to recheck the numbers.  On the off side.  Kadore read a post that long?  That gave me the biggest laugh of the whole thread.

What were we talking about again?

• Like 2

I am afraid you are not grasping the actual problem

Ore distribution overall on Xanadu is screwed up.

They are going to increase the ore distribution overall.

Some people are probably going to be hurt initially but most will gain.

Overall the resources on Xanadu weren't close to what they were on the older servers. I seriously doubt if there was enough overall to sustain the economy in the long run. Its broke, it needs to be fixed. or else you might as well go to another server.

• Like 1

Hah, I kinda agree with what little I could translate (The bits about people whining about not having iron where they deeded - you folks never head of scouting?) but the rest was just nerd rage about evil vets (I gather) so interest was quickly lost.

Next time get someone who isn't so emotional to proof read it first.

to be fair unless you deeds on a mountain with exposed rock it's hard to start a mine by digging deep holes specifically at a capped skill... second if you make even a minimum deed, that is a couple hundred tiles... I never seen a situation where a 500 tile are has 0 iron veins. iron is usually fairly common. I take iron being in my first mine for granted.
  • Like 1

He does have a point in there though, and keeps referencing that same point: Everyone wants to have an iron vein at their door step, rather than travel a little while to get to it.

im reading about this iron here and in game freedom chat and not only, and i think it's very damaging for all around, i'm not saying about new players but about old players who winning here and there all day around, im not paying for my deed and not spending money for upkeep to read everywhere about how poor u ar bcoz u cdnt find any iron....?!?!?!!?!

...hey moment, i took random spawn place at Xanadu, didn't check map before i choosen that spawn point, so if i'm unhappy now by this what u saying about iron veins i should start screaming "aaaaaaaaaaa move me to different location bcoz i don't like that hill 2000km north from me? ", are u guys serious?

most of u got mains with skills 90+ and u knew very well from other server that iron and not only iron are spreaded here or there, and u waiting with yr's 90s to move here, so maybe devs should block borders for 1yr not 1week? maybe we new or low skilled and low experienced players don't want u here? ok i don't want u here u will destropy economy and pleasure from game u got it? it's some exchange u will get more iron veins but u wont be able to move yr 90s mains nor cross borders with xanadu, ar u ok with this deal? why not? u screaming like kids u got no iron so u will hv iron but no mains and no 90 skills and no open borders

or anoother idea, what if at my deed and 100km from my deed there is only iron and i need copper or zinc?, i know what i'll do, i start screaming to devs i want copper, zinc and marble in my area bczo i cant find it they hv to give it to me, why not? i think if iron will be every 10 tiles why not copper or marble? u old and experienced players who scream for iroon will 100% agree with me now, u got yr iron i will hv marble or copper or i don't know what more, this is what u want right? so let's it be

or i got another idea, u got no iron im trying 4th day to find female horses and all i found were 26 male horses, so i want more female horses!!!!! why not? u want more iron i want more female horses, female horse every 10 tiles why not?

i got clay, tar, peat 20mins walk from my deed...moment i cdn't find any moss, even i wont use it i want moss max 10mins walk from my deed!!!! just bcoz u old experienced players who created alts and claimed lands u knew from start they ar worth something, and now u demanding iron? why? why ar u sooooo  special that just for u any member of devs gonna start think u deserve to hv more iron?

i spent 2hrs walking from spawn spot to get to my location i'm now, rummaged 200 tiles and found vein, mined to it, but now just bcoz oof kiddy old experienced players they hv to move or add more iron bcoz u cdn't find any before u placed deed? why is it? if u ar so experienced and will move yr mains here why u cant move iron with u in yr caravels? if u deeded just bcoz u liked tree or water then its yr problem but dont make it everyone problem!

2-3 yrs ago i used to play game on pristine, i did know nothing, died 100s times, made 10000s mistakes, i put my house close to tundra (today i know - don't build in tundra), i had no iron, i had no marble, i didn't know nothing about rummage to moment when i found it in options with my pickaxe activated, after that every day i was running 10mins to mountains to rummage some iron, and i was happy bcoz i could make hammer or nails, i was learning the game step by step, sometimes some1 more experienced i met on the way told me this or that, thenh i was saying some info to another new players about something...but why now u old players want top hv more iron?

show me some land irl with all resources, show tell me USA or europe got all possible resources or tell me that each country got iron and all other possible resources, that every 100km in eahc country is iron mine, marble, copper etc?! i want to know the name, don't give me example of 1 country like russia or South Africa bcoz that ar only 2 countries in this sick world with almost all resources possible to have, but game is not Russia nor South Africa, and even this there ar no iron mines each 100km aparts from anothers!

i don't want to hv all possible resources at my deed, at my location or 100km from my deed....maybe i want to build ship and swimm to neighbours on the other side of the lake i'm at just to buy some moss from them for some iron?

think u old experienced winning players, waiting with 90s mains, with full loaded caravelas just to cross borders before u start demanding something more, bcoz if u start demanding more i start getting ppl and will demand yr mains to be removed from xanadu or to cap yr skill at 20 without possibility to go higher forever, as well without possibility for yr alts nor for ppl who joing yr villages with 90s op mains,

maybe new or not so experienced palyers whom spending 10hrs per day like me with wurpmedia what to and what don't to do could hv chance to create their own part of history in wurm, to create their lands, to build their homes or castles, to learn skills and to start economy?

maybe i and some ppl more who will  train priest skills dfont want someone with name Villager???? maybe hes charges and abilities sdn't be allowed to this server? what mr Villager will say now selling his servie before borders ar opened? more silver for new players at Xanadu then experienced Villager who will destroy Xanadu market or i'm wrong?

mr Villager i DO NOT WANT U HERE, u heared me? if u and ppl like u want more iron then we can say that we don't want overpowered 90s mains from other server next 365 days and then why i supposed to hv u here? maybe i want some1 new in game to enchant my mailbox and pay to him without allowing u to enter Xanadu borders? ...that's only example...but moment now mr Villager will hv to sacrifice a lot of items to enchant mailboxes and he will hv to start screaming bcoz there in area he is now there is no resources he need? what;s wrong with u guys?

Yes, I will quote your whole post because it brought a needed smile to my mind concerning this whole issue. I will let the search be pursued elsewhere as to my opinion on matters expressed within it.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

*still smiling too*

*looks around at the whole world to check*

I think most the points in this thread and others refer to Rolf probably added ore tiles for a Release sized server to one that is god knows how many times bigger.

He does have a point in there though, and keeps referencing that same point: Everyone wants to have an iron vein at their door step, rather than travel a little while to get to it.

That probably has to do with the fact that you need iron to do just about everything in game :) Even the simple stuff like making an anvil to create more tools or making nails for building a bed, you need iron. Iron is not necessarily valuable, but moreso vital to play the game. It apparently was screwed up enough (ore distribution) to where the devs decided to step in, even though I haven't seen it for myself that gives me a reasonable idea about the seriousness of the situation :)

I have no idea what the rest of the thread was about, though. I honestly tried to read, while the English was broken but somewhat understandable, I just don't comprehend what's going on. Something about iron, caravels, 90skill players, Russia and Africa and horses.. I think he doesn't like older players, but I am not sure.

Just want to point out that if there is too much whining on global or kingdom chat, they can be muted.

Type in the chat box:

/gchat to turn global on or off

/kchat to turn kingdom on or off

Peace and quiet can sometimes be at a premium, and I find those two commands help.

Don't have much else to contribute here, but thought that might be of interest to the original poster.

Wow

Heck of a bed time story; that was a mouthful right there and thank you for the tl;dr version because it was spot on.