Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Xanadu fixes

when I deeded, I did not realize I didn't have oak trees on my deed. I just closed my eyes and slapped it down.  Can we please redistribute all trees?  I mean, there are these big patches of desert, steppe and tundra with no trees either. That just isn't fair. I want to see one of every tree type every 10 tiles, to make sure this is really fair for everyone ;)

• Like 4

It is being done to make it easier to find not harder relax it is not the end of the world.

This. Chill out people. This happened in the past when marble and slate were introduced and no existing veins on my deed changed. They just added more veins. Give the developers a little credit for Pete's sake. I invested over 1g myself in my location as well and I'm not worried.

I swear some of you people whine more than my damn kids do. Relax and just give them a break. If complaining is all you know how to do then find another game to play. You won't be missed.

Edited by Kruggan

This. Chill out people. This happened in the past when marble and slate were introduced and no existing veins on my deed changed. They just added more veins. Give the developers a little credit for Pete's sake. I invested over 1g myself in my location as well and I'm not worried.

I swear some of you people whine more than my damn kids do. Relax and just give them a break. If complaining is all you know how to do then find another game to play. You won't be missed.

The fact that was accepted in the past a behavior that is different from what is proposed now, does not means that what the devs want to do now is good and acceptable; also Wurm is a fair little community compared to other mmo's, and it's not telling other players to not complain will help in making more: take a trip on the net and see what people coming out from this game says, and think if this will lead possible players on or not.

It's not a matter of complains, is that the problem is just addressed in the wrong way, making some players to loose things is not acceptable when there may be other solutions.

The matter here is the RNG, or the algorythm used for the distribution of the veins, that not worked as hoped (as they can do weird things obviously, but no-one wished that), so it's a tech issue that had to be addressed (if needed) without other players loose anything: all of us will be happy and no complains.

I personally was concerned about iron yesterday, when i prospected around 150 tiles around some mountains and found always iron ore inside, and i know it's totally unfair for some people to have an entire mountain nearby w/o any iron, but you can't pick from a group to give to another, and expect that everyone will find it fair.

I think no-one will find an issue if not-deeded places were redistributed, but deeded ones...

when I deeded, I did not realize I didn't have oak trees on my deed. I just closed my eyes and slapped it down. Can we please redistribute all trees? I mean, there are these big patches of desert, steppe and tundra with no trees either. That just isn't fair. I want to see one of every tree type every 10 tiles, to make sure this is really fair for everyone ;)

I see your sarcasm and raise you a satire, you don't need to buy a transmutation rod to change a pine to an oak :)

and as soon as I log in I'll let ya know if I can plant iron ore into a cave... drake needs some redistribution to also your gold coin lol.

I understand those without iron nearby (300+ tiles I heard) are pretty much #@&$?/! but hitting the "randomizer" button may result in the same issue for more people. give rods, or reimburse deed purchase on disband or grab some coffee for the GMs, it's going to be a long night spawning iron veins.

• Like 2

No Kruggan...if you will read Seara's posts..they are not doing the same thing as was done with marble and slate...it seems they are going to go with a complete redistribution... its a completely different animal. We may have some of the same ores..we may not..who knows what will happen. Alot of us deeded due to the ores and veins present..if they change then alot of us will want to relocate..and I dont think we should have to kill the deed and redeed somewhere else at our expense..since this was completely out of our control. IF it comes to a redistribution then there needs to be a way to relocate at no expense.

• Like 1

Everyone wanted to rush to the new land. Everyone raged they couldnt be there first.

THIS is what happens to NEW things, they get tweaked, half of you are oldbies anyways.

Enjoy your NEW server you wanted so bad you made new characters for.

I am not complaining, and I am happy they are fixing issues.

• We will look at the mineral disposition early next week. Some ore tiles may relocate at that time (might be as early as Monday) so you may want to try to mine as much as possible until then. Overall ore count should increase though, since it seems a lot too concentrated or rare so you will find new ore tiles in the vicinity.

Can you look into clay also since it way to common atm

No Kruggan...if you will read Seara's posts..they are not doing the same thing as was done with marble and slate...it seems they are going to go with a complete redistribution... its a completely different animal. We may have some of the same ores..we may not..who knows what will happen. Alot of us deeded due to the ores and veins present..if they change then alot of us will want to relocate..and I dont think we should have to kill the deed and redeed somewhere else at our expense..since this was completely out of our control. IF it comes to a redistribution then there needs to be a way to relocate at no expense.

Just to be clear, I don't know that they will be removing iron, that;s just how I'm reading the news ... "Some ore tiles may relocate at that time (might be as early as Monday) so you may want to try to mine as much as possible until then."

is that a problem to log off in a cave or should we avoid to do that ?

Wow people please stop stressing and read a little. It says 'some ore tiles may relocate' and overal ore count will increase. Never was it said there will be a complete redistribution.

Seems to me just a way to get more ore out there :)

• Like 1

This is something I wonder as well. Also, if you had a small deed and mined out all the stone under it already, hunting for ore, do you have little to zero chance of getting a new vein from the redistribution?

Just to be clear, I don't know that they will be removing iron, that;s just how I'm reading the news ... "Some ore tiles may relocate at that time (might be as early as Monday) so you may want to try to mine as much as possible until then."

Fair enough -  im reading it as a redistribution of multiple types of ores - Is this the case? - the wording is ambiguous...meaning -  how many ore types will be affected..just iron or multiple types...do we know yet?...how exactly will this work? If it can be selectively applied to a single ore type thats a different story..if by "some ores" they mean multiple types then which ones..I read that as potentially all ore types. Is that correct?

Edit - Symantec jello aside - bottom line is this..if I come in Monday or Tuesday and check my mines and re -prospect the area and the veins that I had planned on, are not there - I simply want a way to relocate to somewhere where they are going to be -without any expense on my part. So hopefully they will have a way for us to do this..because I will not tear down my deed and spend more money moving to a different place because of a mistake in the ore distribution.

Edited by sunsvortex

This always happens, It's also the number one reason why I did not put a deed on xanadu yet.

In my case at first, the outside thought the whole inside was iron. Every tile, there is iron nearby. Now there is none where it thought the whole thing was. There is only rock nearby. Dug into a hill with iron everywhere and there was nothing. Dug into a hill with rock everywhere and there was nothing. My deed is so small that I doubt I get a real iron near it no matter what the rock outside says.

As far as I know, the change would only effect intact rock/ore tiles.  It should not be touching any "open" mined tiles. (Again, this is based on what I've seen in the past when ore fixes were required.  I cannot tell you what will actually happen ... I just don't know for sure.)

the chance existing resources get moved is the stressor. for those who searched for, found, then deeded on iron deposits this is of some sour news. yes it's a great thing for those not near iron, I agree there is an issue to the way ores are located on xanadu no doubt.

to put it into perspective lets say you placed a deed on the coast and devs hint that the mountainous terrain is too dramatic and that the coasts will be tweaked to allow more land for easier travel. don't know about you but I don't want to log into find the water 50 tiles pushed out because a mountain was flattened.

I have iron, I hope I will have iron.

I'm not sure but when they introduced marble and slate and had to reset them a couple of times to get it right, wasn't it true that no exposed veins actually got touched?

If they did that at least people wouldn't lose something they have already found.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 1

I'm not sure but when they introduced marble and slate and had to reset them a couple of times to get it right, wasn't it true that no exposed veins actually got touched?

If they did that at least people wouldn't lose something they have already found.

As I remember it, resetting one ore does not effect the others.  If all they were doing was iron, the other would be fine.  But I expect this will be more than just iron this time around.

Folks did lose marble veins between the resets when those new ores were getting fixed. So yes, exposed veins can be reset.

The marble and slate wasn't just one ore though - as i remember they changed from the existing ores into marble and slate - i.e zinc>slate, copper>marble etc. And yeah - the new marble/slates were then reset a couple more times, but I don't remember any complaints about "crap my gold vein suddenly went poof" or suchlike. Certainly from the 50 or so veins we had exposed none changed, just the unmined ones.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws here - but one has to try to stay positive :)

Edited by Heboric

I seriously doubt the Dev's will have the ability to keep the current iron veins in their current position. Sounds to me like they will redistribute all types of ores on a more consistent basis throughout the whole server. Those spots then that had many iron veins within them would have some removed, as it was unintended to have them clumped together as they have been.

Seems to me that many times players think the Dev's can accomplish anything that they think should be done within the game, rather than considering that there are limitations on what it is possible to do. The fact that they have responded so quickly to this issue to resolve it is what stands out to me as the positive aspect. Some may suffer for it that received a benefit that was not intended. Wouldn't this then be considered a type of bug that was resolved.

Problems like this will arise in the future within other areas of the game. People who would quit over this issue now, would quit over others in the future. One thing that I can be sure of is that other problems will arise, changes will be made to the game that others may not agree with, and the game won't be programmed in the way I think it should be. Then the choice remains to continue to play the game for the enjoyment it provides, or not.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I am all for the ore redistribution even if it  means I lose the gold nodes :)

This needs to be done as the current ore distribution is to put it simply a mess and if it stays as is it would be a major hinderance to anyone new to the game. Yes increasing the amount of ores and forcing the ore map to be rebuilt is a pain and could cause some deeds to not be as perfect as they were, but its unlikely to make any deed that was amazing suddenly to become unworkable.

But for the long term surivivability of the server the ore has to be increased and made more spreadout, especially iron.

This

I spent 4 nights solid prospecting. The distribution is pretty messed up. I was so disturbed after the first night, I refused to deed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Noooooo... :( I have slate, iron copper and gold all in my vincinity.. :(

Why do all the current ore tiles need to be shifted around? Is there no way at all to just remove some of the unmined rock tiles and replace them with new veins, keeping all current veins where they are?

Sign in to follow this