Sign in to follow this  
Maximustehgreat

Xanadu? Free deed disbands and trader refunds?

never gonna happen. Would be equivalent of just letting us get free deeds and traders on Xanadu. not a chance.

More precisely, what the OP is saying is that only the veterans that got rich on exploiting traders on the old servers should now get free deeds and traders on Xanadu.

All those that did not exploit traders he believes should pay for the new pleasures.

Im good with more servers and people moving off old ones. Maybe people can experience Wurm with a more wilderness feel instead of what amounts to medieval suburbs. Perhaps we need 2 types of disbands. The same one we have always had and a relocation disband. The relocation disband puts all the money in a upkeep escrow and only allows you to use it to expand or for upkeep at its new location. This way the money stays commited and cannot be put back in your bank.

More precisely, what the OP is saying is that only the veterans that got rich on exploiting traders on the old servers should now get free deeds and traders on Xanadu.

All those that did not exploit traders he believes should pay for the new pleasures.

Does that said statement include the majority of chaos? Im pretty sure you are twisting what is actually said Cista

Edited by Maximustehgreat

Plenty of people would pay for a decent already made deed. Plenty of people will pay for an indecent already made deed. At least on the old servers, you get some back. On Xanadu, if you used a stake anyway, you get nothing at all.

On Xanadu, if you used a stake anyway, you get nothing at all.

Speaking as a player here who has disbanded a deed on Xanadu this is not true sorry.

If you disband on Xanadu you get upkeep minus 5 silver ( so you will only see money back if you have more than 5s in upkeep when you disband). Which is exactly the same as it works on all servers

The way disbanding works on every other server(except for Xanadu) is you get Cost of Deed Form -5s + Upkeep -5s so you lose 10s in total on a disband.

Back on topic:-

I only think free disbands should be given if a server is shutting down, and this isn't the case here at all. There is no forced move being made, it is completely optional for every player whether they want to move or not.

• Like 4

-1 to refunds.......

Try selling your deed.  In a refund you'd get tile cost, so negotiate based on that, any additions you think might be worth something, and ore content.

Don't let the amount of people put you down, there's folks who love having a dozen deeds.

this would include trader deeds, which is incredibly cheeky.

Trader deeds are an abuse, an over-reaction at best.

I'm not talking about people with 1 or 2 within a stones-throw of their main deed
I'm certainly not talking about people who possess traders within their main deed.

If rolf offered refunds, the players that would gain the most are those that have exploited and given the whole trader system a bad name.
Along the east coast where i live? .. one guy has at least 12, all along the shore.

No.

Edited by Steveleeb

Voted no. There are certain times when this kind of "Compensation" is appropriate. For example when there are major changes made to servers code which changes how the server plays (Eg. When Wild/Chaos went from full PvP to no PvP and then back again)

Releasing a new server simply doesn't cut it from my perspective on things and sets a dangerous precedent and expectation for any further releases.

I would have to agree with this but at the same time if a complete overhaul to traders is being worked on for Xanadu it makes sense to bring it to the old servers also, so At that point some kind of refund is warranted.

• Like 1

I can only see this happening if they decided to shut down all the old servers and moved everyone to Xanadu.

this.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 11, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Since the launch of xanadu, soon we will likely see many people sail there and settle, can we please see free deed disbands and deed trader refunds.

It doesn't encourage you enough to want to move if you lose half your assets moving.

Edit: change the questions asked, 2 sets of questions, 1 for each deeds and traders

Edit 2: Poll is bugged :/ looks like a /Discuss

Cheers

max

You made money out of your trader for years, got your deeds for free, and now you want the money back you payed for that trader.

Don´t move, you insolent brick, stay right where you are.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Since the launch of xanadu, soon we will likely see many people sail there and settle, can we please see free deed disbands and deed trader refunds.

It doesn't encourage you enough to want to move if you lose half your assets moving.

Edit: change the questions asked, 2 sets of questions, 1 for each deeds and traders

Edit 2: Poll is bugged :/ looks like a /Discuss

Cheers

max

Weired, my post must be vanished.

As stated before, you lived for free with the money of your trader for years and now you want the money back?

That is still insolent and stupid.