Sign in to follow this  
GorgonKain

Game Of Greed (How Unique Creatures Are Handled By Players)

Is this serious? Everyone getting blood in local for just being in local when a unique is killed isn't enough? Uniques respawning isn't enough? Some people in this game... 

I've seen at least 6-7 unique killing threads on the forums, and several more in GL freedom. If you want to kill more uniques then get your ass off your server and visit the other ones. Or is it just the dragons people are angry over? They barely drop any hide, probably enough for a jacket so if it's scale and drake you are looking for then forget it until rolf changes the loot.  

Edited by atazs

I realize I was wrong for thinking that bringing the unique's back into the game was a good move.

I realize I was wrong for thinking that bringing the unique's back into the game was a good move.

No it was a good move. People will always complain about something no matter what

You're assuming there'd be a certain amount of people. The dragon slaying on Deli had ~40 of which lots died repeatedly, it's not as easy as it seems to host an event where noone is excluded and everyone still gets satisfactory loot. Meat is filleted in order to make the loot last longer but still many walk away disgruntled because they didn't get anything. There was nothing left to give, but that doesn't stop them from starting rumours about "lost loot" and all other drama I've been hearing about. Everyone who's premium and in local gets the blood, but for many that just isn't enough.

That's the problem right there. Uniques require lots of people to fight them (akin to raid bosses in other games), both because they're so rare spawns, and because of difficulty, yet they give loot which is geared more towards a single looter than a raid. That's the fundamental flaw.

I suggested this elsewhere but i'll say it again. Instead of giving 1 blood per participant but then a single person butchers the corpse. Give everyone that would get blood a "piece" of the corpse, auto-spawned in inventory, then each individually chooses to butcher it or give it to someone else to butcher. Make it randomly spawn one item from the current loot table (bone, skull, epic item or for dragons the hide, which should be the lowest chance) plus the blood (which would be collected with the corpse piece, resulted from the divvying up of the corpse).

In alternative, you can create a anti-farm mechanism that prevents players from going on slayings and then hog the corpse and butcher it for him and buddies, and repeating it everywhere, specially out of their own servers, which is worse IMO.

• Like 1

I think the biggest issue is not loot. I believe what has gotten most people upset is there is no organizing for most of these kills. The first indication of a slaying they get is when they see something like this. [11:11:17] The The aged kyklops has been slain. People keep throwing out organizing throughout this post when in fact there has been very little of that. Unless they are counting organizing amongst their little groups.

If your gonna come kill all the uniques off a server atleast invite the people who actually live there a chance.

Never thought I would see the day where Wurm has pages of 'discussion' about -Loot Distribution-.

All I can think of when I read this is:    MINUS 50 DKP !!!

Vanilla WoW players will know exactly what I mean =)

Edited by Merendi
  • Like 1

I think the biggest issue is not loot. I believe what has gotten most people upset is there is no organizing for most of these kills. The first indication of a slaying they get is when they see something like this. [11:11:17] The The aged kyklops has been slain. People keep throwing out organizing throughout this post when in fact there has been very little of that. Unless they are counting organizing amongst their little groups.

If your gonna come kill all the uniques off a server atleast invite the people who actually live there a chance.

True to this. Used to be that each individual unique slaying was announced a week or two in advance, now not even a post on forums for most slaying, specially dragons. Sure the inability to pen them is a factor in this, but idk how much they roam if at all. Mostly i blame CC for how low information was given, and lack fo preparedness, and actual fixes. Basically the only real change made was to address the concerns of their "buddies" which don't want to stop collecting 1gold per drake set.

Like many things regarding Xanadu launch unique respawns were rushed and lacked preparation (like the "new" trader system for xanadu, which turned out to be NO trader system).

On PVE lands since you cannot kill the other players around you, the loot should actually be divided by the game itself. Some may want to look at that as carebear but there really is no other way to have a balanced system. Perhaps they may have to rethink the loots given. Or they can adopt a Ultima Online system to how Doom rares would drop. Anything that is going to be on the corpse for looting should just be game rolled and handed out vs someone having to butcher. On chaos however you can fight off the other players and the loot there should be fair game for anyone if they choose to fight for it or not.

Currently everyone that participates gets that blood thing and something else? So automatically everyone gets something, but the more important rare items could be randomly given out to the players that took part. This way there is a random chance that you end up with the drake hide or the sorcery item, or something else.  Although if this system were to take place you can bet more groups would try to keep their findings even more secret to ensure their group gets all the loots and not randoms.

One of the problems right now is the fact that they all spawn in the same exact location. That needs to be fixed and to be honest they really need to stop broadcasting the spawn on twitter. Broadcasting the spawn on twitter takes away all the fun of running into a unique, because everyone is out and about looking for it the very second its spawned. Wurm was supposed to be the you find out for yourself type game, but lately its all about how much money can I make off wurm this month.

Rolf, balance your game and stop making this game into a how can i make a living off of wurm. And you can start by removing all traders on all servers (of course also reimburse at least 50 - 75% of the cost) and find a game wide balance for the kings coffers to work in actually making an economy. I have a good idea for this i will post in another thread.

• Like 1

After 4 killing I attended after the respawning, I got really disappointed of how things going with this.

My advice for fellow freedomers is stay away of this madness, you will be deceived, you will get tons of excuses, etc.

Until this day I used to say that wurm had a fantastic community, sadly I don´t think thats true anymore.

I know there is lots of people thinking this respawning feature will give they some opportunity, well, you need to wake up, nothing have changed...

• Like 2

Until this day I used to say that wurm had a fantastic community

There are fantastic people here, but there's no way this community as a whole is fantastic, or ever was. that being said it's not much different from any other sandbox I ever played. Similar crowd.

• Like 1

There are fantastic people here, but there's no way this community as a whole is fantastic, or ever was. that being said it's not much different from any other sandbox I ever played. Similar crowd.

People tend to look at every game they've played with rose colored glasses when talk about the communities, even in my first mud ( more years ago then I care to remember ) had the same mix of good and bad, so in essence Wurm's community is the same as it always was, it just seems the biggest the idiot the more they talk.

Today at the Kyklops hunt on Independence the crying about the loot began even before all the loot was handed out. People say they don't care about the loot, but they do. Oh they do. Another thing that became very evident was that if the leaders don't know the people involved in the hunt there's a big chance they won't listen to them when they tell them what to do. Will we see more big hunts like this one where everyone's invited? I doubt it

• Like 3

I have never seen a unique.

Sadly now it seems that while they will re-spawn, I will never see a unique that isn't being bashed on by a group.

Sad.

I'm kinda starting to feel happy that I didn't make it home in time, therefore I could not attend ...  <_<

• Like 1

Today at the Kyklops hunt on Independence the crying about the loot began even before all the loot was handed out. People say they don't care about the loot, but they do. Oh they do. Another thing that became very evident was that if the leaders don't know the people involved in the hunt there's a big chance they won't listen to them when they tell them what to do. Will we see more big hunts like this one where everyone's invited? I doubt it

There will definitely be some unique slayings that are private or limited.  Some people show their true colors when it comes to looting, whether they be patient or aggressive.  It's an experience for sure, but it also allows for future tweaking and more precise planning and inviting.

I have never seen a unique.

Sadly now it seems that while they will re-spawn, I will never see a unique that isn't being bashed on by a group.

Sad.

dragons that walk up into a mountain are very difficult to get back down. We had a respawn white hiding in a mountain range currently on pristine. Due to the reduced value of them, it might be up there a good long while.

Just to clear something up, I asked to be removed from the roll tables, but they rolled for me anyway xD

Had I gotten something, I would have asked for it to be re-rolled. 

Anyway, aside from a few whiners, loot at the kyklops killing was handled very nicely. 

Interesting enough are the people that like everyone's comments... those that have been to multiple events and gotten loot themselves are liking one set of replies... those that have gotten left out or were scorned by the previous group are liking the other set of replies.

Drama Indeed.

I remain unbiased in this as I chose to simply stay home and not be part of this crazy train while it went off the rails.  I do, however, think that if people would just stay on their own servers for these events that much of this drama could be avoided.  I said much, not all.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Oh yeah, one player did ninja the Valrei drop, but it was to prove the point that Even If Take Is Disabled On A Deed, The Valrei Item Can Be Looted! So be sure to watch for this. The items was returned to the organizer and went to the winner of the rolls. It was partitioned out three ways, and most people left happy to have partaken. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, one player did ninja the Valrei drop, but it was to prove the point that Even If Take Is Disabled On A Deed, The Valrei Item Can Be Looted! So be sure to watch for this. The items was returned to the organizer and went to the winner of the rolls. It was partitioned out three ways, and most people left happy to have partaken. 

I'll check this on the test system, and if the deed permissions are not protecting it, I'll forward that to the dev's.

Confirmed.  It seem that items created within the deed by the system are not getting protected.  (I've seen something similar before in a related situation)

• Like 1

There will definitely be some unique slayings that are private or limited.  Some people show their true colors when it comes to looting, whether they be patient or aggressive.  It's an experience for sure, but it also allows for future tweaking and more precise planning and inviting.

I personally would never go to another slaying with that many players again.

They didn't care what the 'leader' said, in-fact, blatantly ignored it. Took what seemed like forever to get everyone *off* the kyklops after disrupting the luring, then the 2 luring were told to lure it further *while* people were attacking it, and then, when people cleared away. One of those luring was told to get away from the Kyklops.

Sorry, but no matter what way you swing this, the slaying didn't run smoothly. It was fun killing it, but the drama in team chat and local was annoying. Not including the "shut up or else" approach of the leader, probably a desperate attempt to regain control of the group.

I'd happily join a private group, but never a public group as large as todays after this "smooth" slaying.

If greedy is believing that players on the server where a creature spawns should have the chance to organize and kill it themselves then call me greedy.

How about Communism?

I'll check this on the test system, and if the deed permissions are not protecting it, I'll forward that to the dev's.

Confirmed.  It seem that items created withing the deed by the system are not getting protected.  (I've seen something similar before in a related situation)

Thanks for the amazingly fast response! 

In an unrelated topic no less x)

Edited by GorgonKain

Ive been hearing rumors of the Dragon Drama, we should do a name and shame thread :)