Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

In-Game Map zoom please!

Comparing my in-game map zoom from Pristine to Xanadu:  When zoomed, the actual land mass from east to west just barely fits to the edges of my viewable screen (I personally have a small window I play in).  In contrast, Xanadu east to west land mass is 2.25 viewable screen widths, when it should be 4, if we zoom into the same scale as Pristine.

This may not seem like a big issue and it certainly isn't any major problem, but on a small world like pristine, we were already  having problems with map markers overlapping each other, but here on Xanadu, the map markers are literally taking up about 40x40 tiles when zoomed in all the way.  Not a big deal if nobody ever moves close to each other, but I personally have a neighbor 8 tiles away and would also like to mark things like Clay, Tar and Mines near by for allies & villagers.

This maybe should go to ideas and suggestions, but starting it here for more Xanadu player feedback.  Anyone else think we should add more zoom levels?

• Like 3

Yeah, no reason not to have an adjustable zoom slider. +1

Xan really needs it to give true scope. Was thinking that earlier today even.

xanadu map being deceptively optimistic for would be travelers.

"here is a map of London, here is a map of the US, see it's the same size, should just take two hours at best to reach New York from California!"

• Like 1