Sign in to follow this  

As many higher level players are finding, life with a new toon and no magical high level support is quite brutal

Thus I'd like to propose a change to an existing mechanic that would help solve a problem somewhat, namely the iron shortage.

Currently rummaging tiles is quite popular for finding iron and I think it would be nice to extend this in the following ways :-

1.  Give rummage its own skill (maybe create another skill named "geology" and place mining, prospecting and rummage under it) and keybind

2.  Allow rummaging inside caves with a mining action next to a tile having a chance to restore the rummage chance on that tile.

3.  Expand the kind of materials you can find using rummage, maybe unlocking different "rocks" at different levels (Iron L0 (0.2 yield), Copper L20 (0.2 yield), Lead L26 (0.2 yield), Tin L32 (0.1 yield), Zinc L38 (0.2 yield), Silver L50 (0.02 yield), Gold L70 (0.02 yield)) with targeted rummaging unlocking at level 30 and double find rummaging at level 60.

4.  Optional extra - give gems a rare chance to be found while rummaging (levels akin to mining)

• Like 2

If this rummaging doesn't produce unique materials or expand gameplay meaningfully, it's pointless to spend time expanding the skill. We already have plenty of useless skills (yoyoing, etc) that need work before we add more useless ones.

A much faster and easier fix for the issue you're talking about is expanding the weight or frequency of iron rocks from normal rummaging.

Edited by Sevenless

or just have it check on prospecting skill? like higher mining yields higher potential QL of ore; have higher prospecting give higher QL yield and larger Kg of yield. No new skill, just a reason to raise an existing skill above 20.

i´m against adding anything to rummaging, it is hard enough to find iron without finding rock shards, we don´t need to diminish that chances adding unuseful ores, srry.

If this rummaging doesn't produce unique materials or expand gameplay meaningfully, it's pointless to spend time expanding the skill. We already have plenty of useless skills (yoyoing, etc) that need work before we add more useless ones.

A much faster and easier fix for the issue you're talking about is expanding the weight or frequency of iron rocks from normal rummaging.

This 

We don't really need an improvement to rummaging, it might be nice, but its not really needed, its basically a useless skill once you get a tad bit of mining skill.

What we really need is something closer to normal ore distribution. Interesting experiment whether intentional or not, but it really didn't take into consideration the reality of iron as a basic building block for a whole lot of stuff.

I could say a lot more things that I am thinking that would likely get me another warning but Il leave it at that.