Sign in to follow this  
Kortanna

Disease on a person

Posting for my friend because she is too upset atm. She got diseased while mining with me and my alt. Per wiki it says keep food above 90% and every 30 min it will reduce in power by 5. (her's was at 18 power)

she stood at the beginning town of Newspring in Xanadu for 3 hours.. eating to stay at 99% food and 50% nut. and full water. (she is still new status) She suicided to get to town so that didn't drop the disease. Instead of getting better.. it was getting worse. She went from it saying 1h3min for disease to wear off to 22h3min. And in 3 RL hours of just standing there eating.. it never once dropped below 18 power.. At this time she has now logged off. Sadly a GM was unable to do anything for her. So i'm posting this here for her in hopes no other new person gets this uncurable and according to wiki debilitating disease at it effects skill gain. I don't think having no way other than a priest to cure someone of disease is fair, or good. Especially a new person. Who now feels they must make a new toon just so they can have fun again.

I've never had it last that long. Ignore the information on when it will wear off because it seems like it randomly wears off on its own. Just have her keep playing and not worry about it.

When it's happened to me before I always ignored it, didn't bother with food or anything, was always gone within about an hour =/ Unless its gotten more effects than it used to it won't affect your gameplay at all.

It actually starts the timer at 1day 3 hours, and has counted down to the 22 hours odds; it's just the default time that untimed effects have (for some reason or another). If she relogs, that time would reset, for example. The effects of being diseased are nothing to worry about, slightly reduced skill gain or some such. Just get on with playing the game :)

Posting for my friend because she is too upset atm. She got diseased while mining with me and my alt. Per wiki it says keep food above 90% and every 30 min it will reduce in power by 5. (her's was at 18 power)

she stood at the beginning town of Newspring in Xanadu for 3 hours.. eating to stay at 99% food and 50% nut. and full water. (she is still new status) She suicided to get to town so that didn't drop the disease. Instead of getting better.. it was getting worse. She went from it saying 1h3min for disease to wear off to 22h3min. And in 3 RL hours of just standing there eating.. it never once dropped below 18 power.. At this time she has now logged off. Sadly a GM was unable to do anything for her. So i'm posting this here for her in hopes no other new person gets this uncurable and according to wiki debilitating disease at it effects skill gain. I don't think having no way other than a priest to cure someone of disease is fair, or good. Especially a new person. Who now feels they must make a new toon just so they can have fun again.

Currently, from what I was recently told it won't work with a priest atm either.

Best he/she can do is keep playing like normal, TBH it has little, to no, effect.