Sign in to follow this  
Ekib

the story of the troll king, and the little black drake[RP]

one dark night. an shape enters one of the few inns around the land of Independance, orders a drink and turns to the crowd present.

hear hear! gather round me good fellas, and come share the story that hapened upon thy humble servant upon this fair day.

this all started on a cool eve. the bright Sol was still hot but started ta feel the day's work tiring him and gettin' ready ta go fer some well earned rest, when yers truly was making a wee run ta meet with sum friends that had sum guuds fer trade, but this be non matter ta what hapened next.

on me way back, here i was called at by a group of heavy armed knights. whum i didn' recognise the faces nor voices. and whom spoke ta me of a common friend, and how they would go out soon ta meet with a mighty beasty, and thus decided ta grab yers truly fer the ride.

i then quickly took me old creaky cart home. knowing it be no good fer a fight. and took me good old horse, and me armor. then returning ta meet tha compagny. from here on we rode shortly. before entaring one mighty dark and tall tunnel. turning and twisting in the bellies of da mountain like yer belly afta eating that old grub sum serve 'round there parts.

the man gives a sly grin to the barkeep, and grabs a refill for his mug.

afta wunderin' where yers truly wos gunna pop out, i came out ta see a sight yer dun' see eve'y day.... there stood. all clad in them mighty gear. bout a dozen 'nd half knights and amazons, frum tribes spread all over this fair land of Independance. few still hadnt gotten them helmets on and yers truly recognised a few familiar faces. 'fter that was told ta grab a bite at the lil fire by tha cave, takin' tha chance ta look 'round a bit. i's noticed i knew that spot. i'd been passing thru that tunnel only a fews days ago. and nuw was full of live. wi'h a smull road 'nd a house. sum fences and all. looking quite like a fancy lil house.

but i quickly learned the compagny had not met there fer sharing a meal and a drin' only! nay me good fellas. they hast met fer a purpose! and that purpose wos that sone nasty beast wus around. yes! fer just a ston'throw 'way wus one of them foulest beast. one of yet old troll king. this a nasty one that is... strong...but nut as strong as tha compagny wus. and with the guud help of the forest god, Fo. his priests hulped us all nut take hits taa nasty...

yers truly could nut tell yer much bout tham troll king looks tho in case ye evar see on'... looke' bit like an old nurmal troll. only smelled stronger. and covere' in all kinda junk 'nd crap them trolls nasties luv su much. will. most reason nun' cald git a look wos 's soon 's yer uld troll driped its list bit uf red. coverin' the compagny and making us all clean up fast be'ore it ate at ours armors... one of them took the carcass ta be carved up by his gal. and thus ends tha stury of the troll kings.

But do not despair! cause the compagny's adventure dids't nut end here. cause as suun 's the trull yelled its lust yell. a mighty roar be heard. and them most experienced than meself. someof them strongest warrior me seem int he realm, clung hard inta there swords, mauls and axes... they knew the beast tha' made the roar!

and yea guessed be right lil one! fer it wus a dwagun. one 'd them nasty lizzurds that be spittin' fire, blowing yer ferm 'nd stealing yer cattle...if ye lit 't gruw 'ld.

'f c'urse ye dun' git rushin' a mighty beasty like thi' one, nut if ye wan' ta live ta tell the tale. nu nu nu. se furst. tha ban' 'f wurriurs rude closer ta tha noise. and when f'und a guu' spot. begun ta clear tha land a wee bit ta get a good sput ta fi't tha beast.

plunnin' wus guu', we cleared them trees. ma'e few plankies 'nd shifs. tha sume rider tha' tuuk the troll corpse tuuk a ri'e ba'k ta the h'use. rattared wit' sum guud nails ta make sum fencing. so he could git good footin' ta go hoot at tham dwagun

the man seems to become more drunk as time passes, probably from drinking more and more as the story goes on

unce we all git re'dy tha one whu git the n'ils sturte' ta clim' 'p tha mo'ntai'. guy wus a muge tuu. summone' une biig duggy ur wulfy. twice da 'sual si'e!

me neigh*hic*bur' he cime ta see... nut a bi' wurruir l'ke da rist. tha get pisse' he be he'e....whun tha dwagun git duwn frum thi muntai' tip...tap...top...*hic* th'y till h'm ta ittic' 'nd puur guy gits tur' 'n hulf in nu time. hi unly hud wea' 'rmur... dum sc'lly 'llmust git me taa..

our now almost fully drunk man points to his arm, doning a large bandage covering almost all of it. and coveredin a strong smelling balm

nurly list 'n urm ta tha beast! 'nd it wus guud cuvered. 'n plutes 'nd ull!

b't whut tha dudn tull 's wus this be'sty h't hurd. 'nd much fathe' thun uther...this whut nea'ly git me 'nd tuuk me poor neig'bur....luckly them guud gods been wutching 'ver him 'nd grunted h'm wit' a n'w chun'e.

'ftur tha' thi cumpagny tu'k tham beasty duw' r'ther 'k. lutt'e dwagun wosn' mush bugg'r th'n dug but culd fig't

ug'in sum' lad 's befur' tuuk tha beasty's curc'ss . ull we 's gut wos w'und 'nd bluud. nut 'ur uwn tha. buth beasties bleed lut. but wos it.

with this the man takes a last sip as yet an other mug full of drink, and pulls out a folder paper. upon which was drawn some pictures of a small drake.

after a hiccup and a loud burp the man spoke again.

th'wis ull i's culd git frem da luuks of it...ye all bitt' be carefil of 'hem beasties!

ye'll know...thi' guy thut took them curp'e ...whun yers truly ask'd.. bun tol' ta shush 't!

then finnaly goes quiet, sleeping off the alcohol and the wounds

'proper' english version (no more drunken slumber  :P for those who find reading above a bit too difficult ) :

one dark night. an shape enters one of the few inns around the land of Independance, orders a drink and turns to the crowd present.

hear hear! gather round my good friends, and come share the story that hapened upon your humble servant on this fair day.

it all started on a cool evening. the bright Sol was still hot but started to feel the day's work tiring him and getting ready to go for some well earned rest, when yours truly was making a short run to meet with some friends that had some goods for trade, but this shall not be the subject of this fair tale.

on my way back,i was called at by a group of heavy armed knights. whom i did not recognise the faces nor voices. and who spoke to me of a common friend, and how they would go out soon to meet with a mighty beast, and choose to take yours truly for the ride.

i then quickly took my old creaky cart home. knowing it would be of no good for the coming fight. and took my good old horse, and my armor. then returning to meet the compagny. from here on we rode shortly. before entering one very dark and tall tunnel. turning and twisting in the gut of the mountain like your stomach after eating that old mixture hey call food some serve around there parts.

the man gives a sly grin to the barkeep, and grabs a refill for his mug.

after wondering where yours truly was going to come out, i came to see a vision one does not see every day .... there stood, all clad in there mighty gear, about a dozen and half knights and amazons, from tribes spread all over this fair land of Independance. a few still had not gotten there helmets on and yours truly recognised a few familiar faces. after that i was told to grab a bite at the little fire by the cave, taking the chance to look around a bit. i noticed i knew that spot! i had been passing thru that same tunnel only a fews days ago. and now the area was full of life. with a small road and a house. some fences and all. looking quite like a fancy lil house.

but i quickly learned the compagny had not met there in order to share a meal and a drink ! no my good friends. they had met for a purpose! and that purpose was that some nasty beast was around. yes! for just a stone's throw away was one of the foulest beast there is..a troll king. it is a nasty one that one... strong...but not as strong as the compagny was. and with the good help of the forest god, Fo. his priests helped us all not take hits too cripling...

yours truly could not tell you much about what a troll king looks like in case you ever see one...  it appeared akin to an old normal troll. only it smelled stronger.  and covered in all kinda junk and tinkets the trolls  kind appears to enjoy so much. that aside. the main reason it was hard to get a loog look was that the creature bled a lot, covering the compagny and making us all clean up fast before the nasty substance started to corode ours armors... one of the compagny men took the carcass to be butchered by his love. and so ends the story of the troll king.

But do not despair! because the compagny's adventure did not end here. for as soon as the troll shouted its last scream, a roar just as mighty would be heard. and the ones more experienced than myself, some amongst the strongest warrior i had seem in the realm, clung hard to there swords, mauls and axes... they knew what sort of beast had made such sound!

and you have guessed correctly my young friend ! for it was a drake. one of the nasty lizzards that would be spitting fire, blowing up your farms and stealing your cattle.... if you let it grow old.

for obvious reasons one does not go rushing head first against such creatures, not if you value your live and your compagnions so that the tale may be told. no no no. in order to prepare, the band of warriors rode closer to the source of the roar in order to seek a proper battle ground. once found some of us got off our horses and began to clean up the land to get a clear view when the fight would begin. while others kept watch for the drake.

the planning went well, and within minutes, we had cleared a large enough area, made planks and shafts from the trees, and the same rider that took the troll's body earlier rode back to get nails in order to build fences to get a proper footing to lure the beast down from the top of the montain.

the man seems to become more drunk as time passes, probably from drinking more and more as the story goes on

once all where ready, the nail rider started to climb the mountain and target the beast. the man was also a mage and after a few arrows failed to pierce the drake's shells, he summoned a worg to lure it closer down.

my neighbour came to see the fight.he was not a big warrior. but wished to take the risk of the drake's wrath to gaze on the beast. several of the warriors grew angry at having a stranger nearby. but when the fight began they told him to join in. didnt him too much good however as the wild beast tore him in half without even paying him attention. and i nearly was the beast's second prey!

our now almost fully drunk man points to his arm, doning a large bandage covering almost all of it. and coveredin a strong smelling balm

the beast nearly took my arm. and i had some rather fine plating cover..

what nearly killed me tho is information the warriors had forgotten to give. it is that a drake, small as it is. has an incredible reach, and while i thaught myself to be a safe distance away, a second hit came. this time i only managed to get out thanks to my good old horse draging me away while i was half gone and feeling the icy fingers of death closing upon me allready.

for luck. the mercyful Gods had been watching the fight and returned the fallen man to the land of the living.

after that little trouble. the rest of the compagny took out of the beast rather easily. the drake was not much bigger than a dog...but it sure could fight...

again like before, the same man took the beast's carcass . all the rest of us got was wounds and blood covering our weapons and armors. not our own tho, as both beasts had bleed quite a lot.

with this the man takes a last sip as yet an other mug full of drink, and pulls out a folder paper. upon which was drawn some pictures of a small drake.

after a hiccup and a loud burp the man spoke again.

this was all i could get of the way those look. you all might want to be watchful of those beasts

and you know that man who took the corpses? when asked what was going to be done with them an other told me to shush it

then finnaly goes quiet, sleeping off the alcohol and the wounds

((for now only the raw pictures. couldnt figure out how to turn it into charcoal/pencil looking drawings for now  :unsure:  ))

zoLX6No.jpg

l3no8p8.jpg

exsl6c5.jpg

• Like 1

what phonecalls? and made a quick drawing irl. took only 2 mins so probly crappy but here goes

N92oRqk.jpg?1

Edited by Ekib

afta wunderin' where yers truly wos gunna pop out, i came out ta see a sight yer dun' see eve'y day.... there stood. all clad in them mighty gear. bout a dozen 'nd half knights and amazons, frum tribes spread all over this fair land of Independance. few still hadnt gotten them helmets on and yers truly recognised a few familiar faces. 'fter that was told ta grab a bite at the lil fire by tha cave, takin' tha chance ta look 'round a bit. i's noticed i knew that spot. i'd been passing thru that tunnel only a fews days ago. and nuw was full of live. wi'h a smull road 'nd a house. sum fences and all. looking quite like a fancy lil house.

6x4PaOHl.png

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 3

Wait? No loot got distributed amongt those who helped killing?

Did someone just ran off with the corpse? Or are you gonna get a share later on?

nope nothing was shared. and my guess is nothing will be, since when i asked i was told very clearly to 'shush'

nope nothing was shared. and my guess is nothing will be, since when i asked i was told very clearly to 'shush'

Team Chat

[02:54:49] <Ekib> so apart from the hide the dragon had any bone or no luck?

[02:55:22] <Xallo> we got a .25kg hide, meats, gland, tooth, skull, bone, eye, and valrei item

[02:55:29] <Xallo> I think thats all of it?

[02:55:38] <Xallo> if someone wants a meat fillet come trade Aly at FM

[02:55:41] <Ekib> wow that's a lot of loot

[02:55:46] <Xallo> or tooth,gland, eye w/e

[02:55:53] <Xallo> troll king skull whoever wants it

[02:55:56] <Xallo> and its club

[02:56:00] <Ruger> ill take skull

[02:56:10] <Ruger> not its club

[02:56:12] <Ekib> and for the hide skull or bone? or valrei items? (what do those even do anyway?)

[02:56:20] <Aristia> sorc items

[02:56:24] <Aristia> highly saught after

[02:56:26] <Xallo> asidecay is getting the hide

[02:56:27] <Aristia> sought*

[02:56:30] <Alyeska> I gave the hide to asidecay since hes been helping me a ton with this

[02:56:50] <Aristia> so what rarity was the two bones?

[02:56:53] <Xallo> we'd like to keep the black skull, and the bone if someone REALLY needs/wants something rare, we'll see what we can do

[02:56:54] <Xallo> both rares

[02:57:13] <Ruger> Id like to make the buggy black rolf, rolf sign sailboat rare :P lol

[02:57:18] <Xallo> we're going to use the valrei items, one was a white cherry, unknown effects

[02:57:21] <Xallo> green tome I dont know what it does either

[02:57:23] <Ruger> but other then that, nothing comes to my mind lol

[02:57:37] <Xallo> anyone need something rare?

"Nothing was shared" my ass.

Ekib, we only told you to keep quiet so we didn't have randoms/alts coming up and trying to nab the corpse after we hosted the kill. Oddly enough, before we killed the Drake, someone showed up to the mountain-top unannounced. After asking who he was, it turns out you DID invite someone without mentioning it to any of the organizers or participants.

Now quit spreading rumours and be happy we even offered for you to have the club, skull, tooth, gland, or something rare, if you had asked, especially even after you invited someone after being told explicitly not to for reasons stated above.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

[10:02:10] <Alyeska> if I get one more bone
[10:02:12] <Ekib> you seen the weather lately? XD
[10:02:16] <Alyeska> I have enough to turn a ful set of tools rare
[10:02:24] <Alyeska> so i could do it for kicks (or for xallo ;))
[10:02:36] <Aristia> thats really needed? lol
[10:02:38] <Kylebooze> really? you just said no to a hammer...
[10:02:48] <Ekib> for kicks?
[10:02:57] <Ekib> i wish i had rarity to throw away like this
[10:03:07] <Asidecay> ekib, shush
[10:03:15] <Alyeska> kicks is the kingdom smith
[10:03:16] <Cerberus> full set of rare scale would be worth a fortune to people who like shiney ######
[10:03:17] <Ekib> hey its tue asi XD
[10:03:27] <Asidecay> just shush and be happy

the pasrt where i get told to shush...and well i missed that. my bad, chat was going a bit fast.

regarding my neigbour i tol him to stay well away so he wouldnt get killed. you guys then told him to join up and he did die. and by the time he was here half where allready going bat *beep* crazy about some stuff people where saying in kingdom... sorry for not steppoing in front of an angry mo and painting a big target in front of me...

and while you might often meet backstabbers and thieves in chaos. not everyone is one... the person i invited is someone i knew was living alone in his mine for 2 months waiting for an old ruin to drop so he could deed. he wasnt strong enough to fight a spider. and kept other's belonging for safekeeping and returned them after instead os using itto improve his own stuff (such as some horses with a few speed trait maybe 3-4... he took his best horse to come watch. was 1 trait iirc)

i do not know about those rumors, who started them, and what they are about but it sounds like someone is after you... all i said was what happened as i saw it. i missed a part. so i was wrong. i'll admit it i did not see the part about giving to asi...but to say from that i'd be called a rumor spreader... not cool. but i understand you would be stressed if someone would spread lies about you, i know i wouldnt be the calmer either and i hope its only this.

after for sharing i understand each group does things differently. and since the loot now is very sparce. the old methods might need to be looked at back a bit... cant have everyone going home with a set of drake when there's barely enough to make a glove now.

so yea, things are different, and i hope most of the tension about this is that while adapting some feel left out or like they had no chance at all... and they arent voicing there concern the best way...

while the blood sure is a nice perk. the more rare items undoubtfully holds more value, so some people might not like how it works with the old system on new loot sharing.. but well i'm no expert and this is getting a bit off topic. so if you want to tell me what's bugging you i'm allways happy to talk. and sorry about how the last msg made things sound like. wasnt my intention

• Like 1

We're friends, Ekib... so don't think I am trying to pick an argument with you or to piss you off. I just have to shed some light that you're not seeing (and now that you've made this topic public):

I told you to shush... because you were the most vocal about being given a portion of the spoils. There were a lot of people that made that killing happen that night, and honestly, you and your friend weren't driving forces. Nor did you find the critters.

[02:21:09] <Ekib> btw how will loot get split? :P

[02:21:12] <Alyeska> it will not

[02:42:26] <Alyeska> who wants this club

[02:42:44] <Ekib> i'll take the other stuff aly :P

[02:43:56] <Ekib> tbh i'd be happy if could get drake piece to get one more part for the set XD but i knwo its only a dream

[03:55:01] <Ekib> so apart from the hide the dragon had any bone or no luck?
[03:55:34] <Xallo> we got a .25kg hide, meats, gland, tooth, skull, bone, eye, and valrei item
[03:55:40] <Xallo> I think thats all of it?
[03:55:50] <Xallo> if someone wants a meat fillet come trade Aly at FM
[03:55:53] <Ekib> wow that's a lot of loot
[03:55:57] <Xallo> or tooth,gland, eye w/e
[03:56:05] <Xallo> troll king skull whoever wants it
[03:56:07] <Xallo> and its club

[04:00:17] <Ekib> could do a /random and whoever got highest gets to pick?

[04:00:21] <Alyeska> no, ekib

[04:01:49] <Alyeska> if I get one more bone
[04:01:53] <Ekib> you seen the weather lately? XD
[04:01:55] <Alyeska> I have enough to turn a ful set of tools rare
[04:02:03] <Alyeska> so i could do it for kicks (or for xallo ;))
[04:02:15] <Aristia> thats really needed? lol
[04:02:19] <Kylebooze> really? you just said no to a hammer...
[04:02:27] <Ekib> for kicks?
[04:02:36] <Ekib> i wish i had rarity to throw away like this
[04:02:45] <Asidecay> ekib, shush
[04:02:54] <Alyeska> kicks is the kingdom smith
[04:02:55] <Cerberus> full set of rare scale would be worth a fortune to people who like shiney ######
[04:02:56] <Ekib> hey its tue asi XD
[04:03:05] <Asidecay> just shush and be happy

Sometimes you have to know your place. You got extended an invite to an event that would have went down regardless of you being there. You are in no position to be asking about drops that never would have came to you anyway. I can tell you that when I was invited to my first dragon hunt, I didn't expect a damn thing. I was just happy I was invited, and the title I got was more than enough of a prize to take away... I didn't have the gall to ask about the spoils, and I really thought you were out of place to do so that night.

Again, no hard feelings. We're friends. Had you asked me why I told you to shush in a PM, we wouldn't be talking about it here.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 2

such jk hacks, so adding this for much forum rage. Clearly so biased. I demand reaction. I like full stops.

• Like 2

decay i was joking (ence the tongue smileys) about loot. i knew my part on the drake wasnt any good. in fact i nearly got killed right from the start, hardly good for a performance XD. told aly that too im pm earlier before reading your reply but doesnt hurt saying it again. was just wondering how it was getting done. like you said i am new to unique hunts, and there's no denying that. and sure i took part in the forest giant a few days before but way the loot sharing was done i felt we did mistakes ( and i got the rare bone...when back then i too was happy just to take part in the hunt and get title)

so while i am sure there's no denying i worded that out the wrong way. i was curious how things where done and how the compagny handled it (we all get tons of questions on our first runs i'm sure you had a few yourself back in the days ;) )

so yea no hard feelings at all. just badly worded curiosity on how a much more experienced team had thaught about the problem and its solutions. now i know that the hide was given to you, and i'm sure other parts got given to the others, like kicks behing a smith, and the valrei items where used in order to do research on there exact effects in freedom, and well unless i got that wrong cant cancel using those so permanent debuffs to account is not something to take lightly.. and understanding how it works is important to avoid making mistakes

now we got a bit off subject from the original post, but i understand those points also needed to be raised. better have a clear talk than leave shadowy doubts lurking around right?

• Like 1

so xallo and alyeska took everything usefull?

sounds about right

• Like 1

hexwhere you there? cause i dont remember seeing your name... and in case you did not read, they gave the hide and valrei items, and asked for skulls if anyone wanted, and would use the bones for an other person... what's left after this? meat and gland/eye/ect also got offered to any takers.

why dont you try talking to them directly to see what they actualy kept for themselves and see first hand instead of beating around the bush... that's how rumors begin. even not intentionaly :unsure:

The person who received the remaining tome charge would like to remain anonymous... It's up to them if they want to share their name or not.

I received all of the items, I now own a supreme huge axe, pickaxe, hatchet and butchering knife. THank you all for participating.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 3