Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Sorcery; What? Where? Who? All the info's...

With the most recent update to uniques we have seen that sorcery items now drop from uniques but no one knows what they do and those that do have been keeping it secret (minus the few that have shared with me so far). These sorcery items add a spell to your character, a pre-fix title ex. Mage Ruger the Desertmind [Clairvoyant] (It can be turned off) and adds a buff/debuff. These effects are permanent to your character as of right now according to rolfs initial post about sorcery being put in a year or so ago.

Since the release of these items I have been stacking the items which means using more then one. Doing this only changes your title through combinations as you will see below; it does not give additional spells or buffs/debuffs. At Mage you do unlock a Gold Achievement, "Mage".

The resistances: Ive seen so far the resistance is 10-15% and the weakness is 10% but will continue to update this opening post and spreadsheet as more information comes in.

Here is the spreadsheet I have running right now. Please post below if you have any information you would like to add to the spreadsheet. I am looking to also add the information on each item to the wiki. Each item has 3 requirements that must be fulfilled to be used; the main requirements are 3x3 flat and vicinity of a holy altar, then some are by a tree or in the desert where nothing grows in a verge large space-and I mean large space. So if you have an item please post your examine, your requirements and maybe even the message you got when you used it. Will update the spreadsheet and keep this growing.

w0Y3tUw.png

Spell costs: So far all spells cost 500 karma to cast.

*If anyone has one these special items and would like to contact me about trading one of my items I have for theres, charge for charge so we can  further test the stacking please message me. All items have three charges. So that means three people can receive its bonus.

**There seems to be some variances between EPIC and FREEDOM. This thread is only for FREEDOM information. Those epic guys can keep there secrets.

***In regards to Title Combos. If you get Druid and then use a Green Tome, you are now a Wizard; you cannot show Driud again and same is true continuing forward. It seems to be a tiered system with no specific order but I do believe there is a final title  that is the same.

****If you have a -15% damage rcvd from fire and +10% dmg from fire then you have a -5% from fire. That is how it appears to be balancing.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 17

Reserved for future spreadsheet in regards to feedback on each individual item. Its uses, its negatives and positives.

Edited by Ruger

i wish the damages on the attack spells were bit more alike, lightning apparently does 25 dmg, but i seen like another direct (non-aoe) do like 5dmg disease.  

lol at white cherry thats garbage 

missing a few though, fyi, scroll of binding, key to the heavens, perhaps they just dont drop there though 

Edited by Postes

Isn't there a title 'druid'? Not sure what it comes from though

so if you use Red tome + either Green tome/Green Cherry/Giant Walnut your weakness and resistance are balanced or the amount you get is random?

Btw, this can only be looted on chaos right?

Edited by KunAlt

Isn't there a title 'druid'? Not sure what it comes from though

Itsa tier 1 title from the "Giant Walnut"

According to Rolf (EDIT: Was actually ErikN, my bad) and a few other sources, if you so managed to balance every single weakness with a resistance (obtained every sorcery ability in the game) you would be left with a 5% resistance to everything. So the resistance is ~15%, and the weaknesses are ~10%

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1

whereami you sure its not minus 5 instead? been some month since the update but iirc the 'perk' of having all the spells to counter ballance the negative point wasnt as much resistance as before them but slightly weaker... mages weakened bodies and all

According to Rolf (EDIT: Was actually ErikN, my bad) and a few other sources, if you so managed to balance every single weakness with a resistance (obtained every sorcery ability in the game) you would be left with a 5% resistance to everything. So the resistance is ~15%, and the weaknesses are ~10%

The green cherry has a -10% damage reduction passive and the red cherry has a +10% dmg received passive so these two are t he only two so far I have found and heard that will block each other out.

whereami you sure its not minus 5 instead? been some month since the update but iirc the 'perk' of having all the spells to counter ballance the negative point wasnt as much resistance as before them but slightly weaker... mages weakened bodies and all

Well right now it seems to be a -5% damage received if they cancel out. Example I have "Reduce fire damage taken by 15%" and then I have "Increase fire damage taken by 10%" So If I understand this right yes it will be a minus 5%.

Actually I think your saying the same thing just different wording. lol

Edited by Ruger

All the buffs and debuffs have also been changed, they should now all give 15% resistance and 10% vulnerability except of the physical res/vuln it will be 10%/5% instead.

I went with them leaving you a little bit stronger if you manage to get both the resistance and vulnerability version of the same type.

Quoted from the Epic Karma abilities thread, the changes Erik has made may not be the same here then, though they probably should be? May be something to look into. Before those changes were made, I heard that sorcery pretty much gimped your account.

A Worg for those wondering what the heck is a worg?!

P79Jerm.png

The green cherry has a -10% damage reduction passive and the red cherry has a +10% dmg received passive so these two are t he only two so far I have found and heard that will block each other out.

Well right now it seems to be a -5% damage received if they cancel out. Example I have "Reduce fire damage taken by 15%" and then I have "Increase fire damage taken by 10%" So If I understand this right yes it will be a minus 5%.

Actually I think your saying the same thing just different wording. lol

On your spreadsheet it says resistance to internal wounds on the green cherry, but you say green cherry gives damage reduction passive? can you clarify?

Quoted from the Epic Karma abilities thread, the changes Erik has made may not be the same here then, though they probably should be? May be something to look into. Before those changes were made, I heard that sorcery pretty much gimped your account.

It might be actually. I havent gotten official word from anyone with a Red Cherry to confirm what the vulnerability is for physical, if its 5% or 10%. But either way it seems like a 5% buff across the board to your account + spells + title.

On your spreadsheet it says resistance to internal wounds on the green cherry, but you say green cherry gives damage reduction passive? can you clarify?

Mis-type, fixing that now. Its not internal, it is physical.

Edit: Updated, thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Ruger

the white cherry for example has 3 uses, does that mean it can grant 3 different people that power?

Do all items have 3 uses?

• Like 1

This is just so wrong.  

Players should not have to feel around in the dark to find and figure out game features and mechanics, especially those that affect player balance.  

No matter where you stand on the tell me nothing v/s tell me everything mentality, I still believe it is more enjoyable to hunt for the reward of having something rather than hunt for the knowledge of the existence of something.  

What good is having cool game features if only a precious few know precious little about them???

• Like 7

mm everything he has mostly everyone knew, in fact epic probably knows more 

literally a dev posted the same information almost in the Epic section, its not a big secret

Edited by Postes

This is just so wrong.  

Players should not have to feel around in the dark to find and figure out game features and mechanics, especially those that affect player balance.  

No matter where you stand on the tell me nothing v/s tell me everything mentality, I still believe it is more enjoyable to hunt for the reward of having something rather than hunt for the knowledge of the existence of something.  

What good is having cool game features if only a precious few know precious little about them???

Um This is what wurm was built on and has been enjoyed by so many for so long. The adventure of wurm has always been player driven and player discovered.

literally a dev posted the same information almost in the Epic section, its not a big secret

I have the epic sheet but due to differences we're finding between the two clusters I didnt want to add that information.

Edit: I shouldnt say "the epic sheet" but I have a pretty complete epic sheet.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

Bet you Eyesgood uses the Meditation Answers.

It's also a bit sad that the server that had the items for a year and a half almost, I think... Hadn't even discovered all of the actual items.  But the day the uniques are respawned and every damned unique drops one but on Epic ( For us at least ;-; ).

There's probably already more Sorcerors on Freedom than there are here.  But we don't get Legendary titles, oh no.  We have Valrei items and.. and.. stuff!!

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 7

probably uses the crafting window to see what ingredients he needs for items 

• Like 2

the white cherry for example has 3 uses, does that mean it can grant 3 different people that power?

Do all items have 3 uses?

My giant walnut had three, one was used before I purchased it however. To my knowledge, so far they all have three.

I also use the map to navigate to and from new destinations.... and my compass....   Imagine that!

• Like 1

probably because nobody cares about what epic is doing.

• Like 4