Sign in to follow this  
neofit

Picking up felled trees

Please make picking up felled trees easier.

Problem: you have to be literally less than 1m away from the stump to be able to pick one up.

They are huge, take up a lot of screen space, on a slope the "hot bit" is often under the surface, and when you have felled a few it is hard to see what's what.

Suggestion: increase the range from the "hot bit" at which we can pick them up. The tree is 3+ tiles long. If I'm on a tile with a part of the tree on it, I should be able to pick it up, without having to search through a "forest" of felled tree branches where each one of them starts. Increasing the pick up range to 3-4 tiles from the current 5 cm should do the trick.

• Like 10

omg yes - I have these fall through walls or a house and have to live with them till they die and drives me mental

dear god all my +1

Can have most of my spare ones too.... +1

+1, had a ton of situations where the tree stump part was not visible due to sloped terrain and it's fairly hard to get the spot where you should stand to get the pick up option.

Another question is how to handle trees next to/behind fences, had a few times when it's impossible to pick up.

+1    I've wanted this for literally years.

OT...sure would be nice if I had the option to display the old no-tree-limb graphic instead of what we have now. Its an OPTION where only those who use it see it.

A toggle for old felled tree models, I can trade the realism of having the model show the branches for some functionality.

+1 and add chop up range as well. Finding the end for that is hard at times too.

• Like 1

been a problem since I've started playing and was probably a problem since the beginning of Wurm. +1

In Wo I would just stand in the center of six, cut them down each and drop them facing a certain direction on one tile away from the next series of six line. Then riding along on a wagon it is easy to pick them up to take elsewhere to chop into logs with a coc hatchet. Got to make the best of what you got and lets wishes be reserved for the well.

Now on a certain server in WU I just pick them up when cut down and when I have 10 in inventory chop them all into logs in about 10-15 seconds in that series of 10. Then drop the logs on the ground to pick up with a large cart that carries 6 large crates in it to sort them out per QL. Quite a bit faster, yea...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 7/29/2016 at 6:30 AM, KyleBooze said:

been a problem since I've started playing and was probably a problem since the beginning of Wurm. +1

Used to be a time when they would stack in piles of cut trees like at a lumberyard.

• Like 1

-1 you can grab the tree before it hits the ground, if it falls through a wall you can use the select bar to to grab/chop up.

7 hours ago, lolmaster said:

-1 you can grab the tree before it hits the ground, if it falls through a wall you can use the select bar to to grab/chop up.

And you could grab your mouse and scroll away from this topic but you didn't. So it isn't really about what you could, is it?

9 minutes ago, Simyaci said:

And you could grab your mouse and scroll away from this topic but you didn't. So it isn't really about what you could, is it?

little man, the devs have better things to fix then someone not knowing how to grab a felled tree. Ayes provided how to do it incase you missed it.

+1.   However, what Ayes does remove most of the headache.   Grab tree and then drop to face a good direction.  Do that with all trees you cut, makes life really easy.