Sign in to follow this  
Mijashi

What's this game like

Is it anything like Minecraft? I saw a video and it looks like minecraft with more features and more meaning to what you do such as building a house etc.

Minecraft was made by Notch who first started on Wurm. This is Minecraft's Father.

• Like 2

It is more hardcore than minecraft. Trees take weeks to grow. Your materials slowly decay, until they become unusable or just go poof, unless stored properly or used up fast. Not much can be made with out proper skills....

If minecraft is for kids with no patience, that run around building dirtboxes, this is for grown ups with patience and plan.

Edited by froggy25

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsdxR0zzNE

Mijashi, if you enter Wurm you will see that Minecraft resembles it as closely as a child's leggo construction resembles his carpenter father's intricately crafted wooden house trimmings. What these two games offer in comparison to the beautiful player created and shaped environments, has no relation one to the other. If making money for the creator is the measure of success then one is clearly above the other; but, if creating a beautiful and wonderful experience for the player is a measure of its success, then Wurm is truly superior in those respects.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. To each their own, but I would not spend an instant of my time within Mc that would take away time spent within Wurm. Although my vision is as not as clear as it once was, I am not quite blind yet.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Wurm online is the ultimate Sandbox game, no other game comes close to its capabilities of players being able to edit the ever changing world. Most people seem to look at the graphics and discard it as "out of date", thing is Wurm online's graphics aren't that bad at all compared to the more common pixel based sandbox games like Minecraft or even Heaven and Hearth etc.

But Wurm isn't about graphics it's about content which it has tons of, I remember my first time ever playing Wurm.... Myself and a group of 4 or 5 people all created accounts and logged in based on 1 friends recommendation. Everyone set off in the same direction slowly covering ground and then we hit water, so we started swimming... eventually we came to an Island that hadn't been touched, it wasn't huge but it would suffice for 6 people who had no idea what to do. So we began to read the wiki and each took roles and soon enough we made a little village with a few buildings a farm and a wonky wooden fence animal pen and we went from there.

From that day which i think was 6-7 years ago.... i was hooked, i always end up coming back to Wurm. Wurm isn't perfect and i really don't think it will get to a point that people can call it perfect but for what it is...... well it's not that bad ;).

• Like 1

Minecraft is like a huge pixel version of Wurm..

You can do anything, make your own lasting mark on the land, be a part of an awesome, close knit community and live a second life whenever you come home from work/study essentially :P

The game has no 'end game' no final goals or anything, no one has every skill maxed out, in fact, a lot of skills have still yet to hit max on anyones account.

Patience is more important than ever when it comes to Wurm however, gratification won't be found quickly, however the end result of your hard work is always worth it!

Good luck, hope to stumble upon your homestead one day and admire it :D