Sign in to follow this  
Roame

Can we get a little iron, please?

Have you found iron?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Let us know where on the map you are, for science.

• Yes, plenty, and close by!
    • Yes, plenty, but annoyingly far away.
    • Yes, enough, but close by!
    • Yes, enough, though annoyingly far away...
    • No.

I have prospects a few veins of iron, live just west of the mountain west of you

I have no problem finding Iron where we placed our new deed, but we also prospected a lot in the area before laying it down and we made sure we had access to a lot of exposed rock.

woot our alliance finally found a location to open into rock. multiple hits on iron and some lead. all right by our harbour! now the rest of them can stop looking for a different spot :D

• Like 1

I have over 40 veins of it near us. It seems to be that it's very clumped in certain areas and not a single vein in a big majority of the regions on Xanadu. It could be spread out a bit more, but guess this way allows for real markets to happen, I.E. trade iron for say slate/marble/silver or gold something like that. But it is out there and there's plenty of it around especially with "lonely" mountains that are off without a bunch of nearby mountains with them.

It's good to hear some people have lots, regional ore is an awesome idea. Even though my area may not have much ore, there's no way i'm moving from my perfect location. Bring on the trade! :)

• Like 1

Regional ore is actually a terrible idea. Its not fun having to sail for an hour to get to an utmost iron vein :(

• Like 1

but perhaps you could get another person to do it for you. and pay him with coins, or maybe even tools made from that very same iron that he mined.

• Like 1

Regional ore is actually a terrible idea. Its not fun having to sail for an hour to get to an utmost iron vein :(

At this point, I would like a poor vein. I have foraged every tile I can reach and so has everyone else. I am just going to bring a shipload from Release.

• Like 1

At this point, I would like a poor vein. I have foraged every tile I can reach and so has everyone else. I am just going to bring a shipload from Release.

You see at that point, I would start wondering: "Why did I deed"?

I am not asking for every single ore to be readily available, but its pretty hard to do just about anything without iron.

And I am seeing the other ores pretty spread out as well. I just hope this was not intentional and something is going to be done about it. If it is intentional, well good luck with the long term viability of this server.

You see at that point, I would start wondering: "Why did I deed"?

I am not asking for every single ore to be readily available, but its pretty hard to do just about anything without iron.

And I am seeing the other ores pretty spread out as well. I just hope this was not intentional and something is going to be done about it. If it is intentional, well good luck with the long term viability of this server.

I picked a very appealing spot in an aesthetic sense. In a practical sense, it's far from ideal. It's got a lot of water with no large boat for a while and no iron. I found enough scrap to make an anvil, a chisel, and 2 nails. Everyone else is scrapping the reachable tiles as well. The hard part is you have to swim back with the iron. We have a rowboat now so it might boost it some. If I do find some iron (not holding my breath as I don't have 100 tiles in all ways to mine into), I will gladly trade iron for a small cut on nails made from it. For now, it's just hoping to be the first to forage the cliffs.

See for me, its all well and good that the spot is appealing, but I would just start getting irritated after a while not having access to iron.

• Like 1

I too would be content if the devs evenly spread poor veins over the map and left hotspots of better Ql veins as regional. Our plight isn't that we can't make 90QL chainmail, it's that we can't make a large anvil or a steady supply of nails. Iron is as essential as wood and should be proportionately accessible.

• Like 3

I too would be content if the devs evenly spread poor veins over the map and left hotspots of better Ql veins as regional. Our plight isn't that we can't make 90QL chainmail, it's that we can't make a large anvil or a steady supply of nails. Iron is as essential as wood and should be proportionately accessible.

I think you "get it". ;)

and from what I have seem ore other than iron appears to be very sparse.

I too found rock everywhere for a long time. Travelled for 3 nights and then my ally and friend found a nice batch of veins. About 5 iron I know of in the immediate area, plus marble. So I planted my stake. :-)

Good luck in your search, I am sure you will find some.

My villagers and I spent 6.5 hours mining around trying to find one of those iron ores shown on every single prospect action across 3 hills/mountains at our deed...

Finally found one, guess it would've been faster to grind up prospecting to 20 to be able to distinguish those veins and pinpoint a location >_<

So there's plenty of Iron around our place... but I didn't get a single response other than "There is iron ore nearby" :/

Took us 7 hours to find iron. Skilled up prospecting to 20 to find it - there is just 1 vein with low QL around :/

• Like 1

3 days in and Im still looking, know theres at least one vein close by but cant find it. I say no to regional iron since its so essential - I cant do anything till I uncover a vein - please spawn more iron tiles randomly around is all I can say.

• Like 2

3 days in and Im still looking, know theres at least one vein close by but cant find it. I say no to regional iron since its so essential - I cant do anything till I uncover a vein - please spawn more iron tiles randomly around is all I can say.

No more iron veins please -_- at least not in my hill... I'd gladly accept Copper/Silver/Gold though

maybe we can trade ;0 My silver and slate :) Have a lot of those but no iron yet - the search shall continue

Someone else found silver before iron? :P

Well, I thought I had an iron strike near my deed, but after prospecting around for it again it seems I was out of my mind at the time. Not only that I've not found ore of any type after digging 60+ tiles into the mountain my deed butts up to. I really am starting to wonder what the deal is since I've been all over the little peninsula I'm on and not finding any ore veins seems a little strange.

Has anyone around Esteron found iron? I'm up around Q24 digging into that mountain there and so far nothing but rock and I've just about worn my starter pick down to QL1.

Someone else found silver before iron? :P

Gold right under my deed just now... still no iron... whole freaking mountain chain is rock only...

I prospected at least one iron vein but now its gone for some odd reason when i finally got access to the mountain with a nice entrance and all... :/

maybe another fix would be to let any ore make ribbons, nails and cooking pans.