Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

Connect Xanadu to the older servers before this weekend.

Connect Xanadu to other servers before this weekend  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Please connect xanadu to other clusters so we can enjoy it this weekend

• Yes, I would like xanadu connected before this weekend
    • No, I would like to connect after this weekend
    • Who cares I am killing uniques
    • I don't care much for Xanadu

I can't wait to get a main to Xanadu and start playing the game. Xanadu on an alt is just a land grab atm I feel like i could be doing more with my main over there.

• Like 5

I answered NO, because i feel that even tho this is landrush, 1 week is not that much. Everyone is impatient, but this will give those few newbs a better chance. You will have pleny of time soon. For now hunt uniques and have fun! Another server restart coming so, there should be enough uniques for everyone :)

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Argustin
  • Like 3

Impatient much?  ;)

Still a +1 I got work to do there as well  :P

I answered NO, because i feel that even tho this is landrush, 1 week is not that much. Everyone is impatient, but this will give those few newbs a better chance. You will have pleny of time soon. For now hunt uniques and have fun! Another server restart coming so, there should be enough uniques for everyone :)

Just my 2 cents

Most people who are planning to go over there probably made an alt and will have put down their deed soon enough already. The real newbs probably won't get as far from the starter deeds either as they aren't as good as experienced players at getting around the server (avoiding mobs, knowing how to get past steep hills/mountains, etc). So the newbs won't have any less of a chance if it's opened up before this weekend or next week. The server is also huge, so it's not like that even matters.

I voted Yes, the reason Rolf gave for not allowing people in with boats right away was to prevent lag and such during the land rush event from all the items entering the server. So if Rolf opens up travel on Friday or Thursday at a non-peak time without announcing it in advance then the stream of people moving to Xanadu will most likely be spread out enough that it will go fine. On the other hand if he waits exactly that one week then people will be as good as sitting on the border, ready to move in all at once. So doing it earlier than expected could be a good idea for spreading around the load.

And no, I don't have a deed on Xanadu, I have no plans to even move over at this time and have not made preparations for it in any way.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 3

Wont happen , and if you think its because Rolf said the server will lag out from all the ships and items , think again.

At the moment the money signs are ringing in his ears.

All the coin needed for deeding has to be purchased from the shop.

So the longer he waits  the more he gets.

And true most vets or older players or some with experience have already placed what they want.

I will visit there but that's it, its no different then any other server , except that's it new and clean for the first few days.

• Like 3

Most people who are planning to go over there probably made an alt and will have put down their deed soon enough already. The real newbs probably won't get as far from the starter deeds either as they aren't as good as experienced players at getting around the server (avoiding mobs, knowing how to get past steep hills/mountains, etc). So the newbs won't have any less of a chance if it's opened up before this weekend or next week. The server is also huge, so it's not like that even matters.

I voted Yes, the reason Rolf gave for not allowing people in with boats right away was to prevent lag and such during the land rush event from all the items entering the server. So if Rolf opens up travel on Friday or Thursday at a non-peak time without announcing it in advance then the stream of people moving to Xanadu will most likely be spread out enough that it will go fine. On the other hand if he waits exactly that one week then people will be as good as sitting on the border, ready to move in all at once. So doing it earlier than expected could be a good idea for spreading around the load.

And no, I don't have a deed on Xanadu, I have no plans to even move over at this time and have not made preparations for it in any way.

Good point. I was thinking about it before, but i still think that there will be plenty of time in the future, so imo that 1 week is not that long to wait. Another 2cents,  damn this is getting expensive.

i voted " i don't care"  since i will stay on the old cluster. spend too much time and money on my deeds and i doubt the majority of the xan population are real noobs. mostly vet alts grabbing land.

The Xanadu launch day was a great event. It was fun to be a new player exploring the wilderness with other low level players helping each other to get started.

We all know that the opportunity to explore and survive in an unspoiled wilderness wont last long but I hope that the attempts to connect the servers fails for at least a month as we know what will happen to wilderness once the fleets of ships arrive with high skilled players. It will be like all the other servers.

And this is also a great fundraising event, count the deeds :)  https//twitter.com/XanaduWurm

Rolf needs to fund his vacation somehow. It's coming up real soon 

I can't wait to get a main to Xanadu and start playing the game. Xanadu on an alt is just a land grab atm I feel like i could be doing more with my main over there.

i voted before this weekend, coz then i can actually play the game.

But Snoo dont u think that its best to let all them landgrabbers have their time window to rush in first to choose their spots, then 1 week later u can arrive and take a free spot and dont have to worry about MrNoob finding your place and put his deed next to urs. Eventually MrNoob will find you, thats the only garantee.

The free perimiter on deeds shouldnt be 5, it should be more like 100, so u can have a forest nearby to hunt in.

I voted no because, being a Pristine player, I had no idea if I would even be able to get to Xanadu until only very recently so I didn't make any plans. This means my main is not ready to ship stuff over just yet so that week or so will be helpful to me - assuming I find somewhere I want to settle on Xanadu that is :-)

Why even ship stuff over?

Wasent  the reason for wanting to go there , was experience the joy of something new and exploring, but with a higher skill char?

Find a new spot to mine for iron, make a house and not have your 5 k bricks or planks already made.

Take your time enjoy yourself with a higher char , sail over with your tools and that's it.

Other wise Rolf should have just added cookie cutter premade buildings, cut and paste.

I vote yes, because that place is huge, even if everyone had to move over, there is still much to be done.

I cant move in the woods for 10min and im lost already, I just wana start building/ with my gfs alt I can barely even dig a slope

Just to put the size into perspective...

Even if everyone was putting down 100x100 deeds, there is enough room on Xanadu for 6400 deeds of that size. (Sure some is water and less desirable...but it gives an impression of how massive the server is)

I don't think deed locations will run out any time soon :)

• Like 1

Just to put the size into perspective...

Even if everyone was putting down 100x100 deeds, there is enough room on Xanadu for 6400 deeds of that size. (Sure some is water and less desirable...but it gives an impression of how massive the server is)

I don't think deed locations will run out any time soon :)

There are still deed locations on Independence after all these years, so I don't think deed locations will run out at all on Xanadu. :)

• Like 1

Yes allow snoo to brign his main over sooner... my mountain wont mine itself out :P

I guess after would give the ad time to bring in more weekend players before the rush even though i voted and would like it before. 

I think we should wait at least a month to connect.

• Like 2

oh here we go we all knew it was coming, lol

oh here we go we all knew it was coming, lol

I just couldn't help myself B)

• Like 2

Although I wouldn't mind the Xanadu connection being upped, if it is not delayed beyond next Tuesday at precisely one weeks time from opening, I can tolerate the interval and be doing other things in preparation for the long, terrible, interminable sail over to my new Village there. In the interim, I surely won't be doing any more digging there with my poor newbie guy. Somehow he is just not quite up to snuf in comparison to 95+ skill. Who would have guessed?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Um no.  A very BIG no.  

• Like 2

Please no. It has been much longer than needed in waiting to connect the Small Cluster to the Main Cluster, and finally it is happening and it should be delayed? Give it a month and we will have what happened with the Small Cluster folks did, and complain that the clusters shouldn't be connected yet, and act as if they should be able to have a say, when it was already decided it would be connected in the first place.

• Like 3