Sign in to follow this  
Nubcraft

Dual Longswords

So, I've been using dual longswords since I started playing (well, since I got them anyway), and I just hit 50 FS, and on Freedom. A friend of mine told me dual wielding them is not worth it, but a different friend (back when I was a total noob) told me it was a decent option. Should I switch out for a shield + longsword? Or something else?

Second longsword gives ~ 1 extra attack per 7 hits your main hand will do. Little to no parry bonus.

Optimal PvP is longsword+large shield, but as a freedom player you're in no way beholden to that. Good Q weps and LT on the longswords should keep that viable enough even for tougher mobs, and eventually with enough skill you can definitely kill anything other than champ trolls and uniques solo. I'd wager champ trolls too, but just a guess.

Shield grinding is a long and painful process, and in the long run you will eventually surpass where you actually need a shield on pve unless you're a tamer. Most shield users eventually discard it on PvE because mobs for the most part aren't that threatening to a skilled fighter.

If you ever think of going pvp, you'll need that shield skill, but you're not hurting yourself by delaying it at this point.

Edited by Sevenless

shields are awesome, if you have the option to use a shield, use it

longswords in left hand doesn't parry

Shield is always the better choice.  Hands down.

• Like 1

Without shield boxing (penning a low damage mob and standing while it attacks you for shield skill, for probably 5-10 hours to get you at least started) carrying a shield is completely useless. it is a lot of upfront investment that isnt really needed for killing mobs if you can afford life transfer.

Edited by Sevenless

... It's worth it.  Not to mention it also gets up your Body Control and Mind Speed as well.  Why not use LT and a Shield?  You'll never be hurt at all.

freedom=w/e hell you want to use

pvp=shield and 1h weapon

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 4, 2014 - Removed - Duplicate post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 4, 2014 - Removed - Duplicate post

Optimal PvP is longsword+large shield

Double post, android device..

Edited by LorenaMontana

Shield is always a better option than a second longsword.   LS and Shield is probably the most balanced and survivable skill-set, not as high damage as others, or as useful in some areas, but I've used it for 4 years, and I find it enjoyable.   The shield is not only good for increasing your block you can bash with it too, and get an opening to stomp the creature or player your fighting.   To train it up start by finding a deer or a horse and let it kick you while you are in defensive with the shield equipped, target QL for shield training is 50-60 QL shield.   Pigs work too early on if you can't handle a horse, or use an adolescent horse.  Make sure you have gate or doorway to step over when you need to heal or lose target of your creature your training on so you can heal it.  

Edited by Battlepaw