Sign in to follow this  
blizzerd

A new way of housing large amounts of animals to counter lag and animal cap limits.

We need a way to stop your neighbour with 10 billion horses to take a horse crap on your game preformance, freedom or not freedom... breeding horses should not affect spawn rate of random animals either. (as in, a deed with 50 horses for breeding makes almost no animals spawn in a large area around it, ever... for neighbouring deeds this can be pure ######, especially for hunting.

so i suggest something like this;

347133-53418-31.jpg

As some limitations go, it has to be built inside a house on the common ground (so its not retarded with render distance, think a barn), it would come in 1 tile sizes that can hold 2 or maybe 3 animals. (be it cows, horses, whatever...) These animals would become part of the model. (so no animal cap count while inside, no "walking around" rendered, minimal animations, low rendering distances, no smoke particles for "hell" versions etc etc so its real effin smooth on both netcode as vis rendering and the animal itself wont prevent random wild animals to spawn in the wild around the deed)

actions able on it might include;

Hitch or mount or whatever (when leading an animal, puts the animal inside)

Unhitch left, mid, right when appropriate

Open (a small container to hold food, it would be eaten every tick that would balance out considering all the animals need food etc, think a troff)

Maybe animals left inside these things for very long periods of time without grooming or walk time would get diseased?

maybe the "troff" part of it would fill up with "filth" (poo) over time, if not cleaned animals become diseased or the troff cant feed them for very long times?

it should be that you cant breed animals while they are inside, but you can take them out, breed and put the preggy animals back inside

preggo animals poop their children next to the structure for them to run around freely (because where else will they go lol this isnt dwarf fortress, and they are in a house anyway)

I'm not reading all that. Plus 1 to the idea of animal storage to reduce creature rendering loads.

I'm not reading all that. Plus 1 to the idea of animal storage to reduce creature rendering loads.

that's basically it tbh... i am willing to compromise on any field as long as its something like that.

we do need to fix the critter count it says u have x amount of space allowed on your perimeter for animals but yet u don't reach that it lower than it states fix it or go with this idea +1

It is a pretty good idea but you did not mention one good reason for the ppl with large amounts of animals to build such thing. It needs to have some advantages except for decreased lag and animals around deed to make them build it. :D

But + 1

As long as you are not forced to put your animals in one of those.

It is a pretty good idea but you did not mention one good reason for the ppl with large amounts of animals to build such thing. It needs to have some advantages except for decreased lag and animals around deed to make them build it. :D

But + 1

As long as you are not forced to put your animals in one of those.

You already listed 2 very good reasons why people would build it

-decreased lag

-animals around deed respawn

anything else is balancing, and il leave that up to the devs

You already listed 2 very good reasons why people would build it

-decreased lag

-animals around deed respawn

anything else is balancing, and il leave that up to the devs

They are big advantages but only for the neighbours of ppl who have huge amounts of animals. It will probably cost a good amount of resources to create and i think most people will not think about building it than. You need some advantages like:

-Animals live longer

-Animals get bonuses or have better breeding chances

Does it look like an instant building on a tile or is it something like a tent that can be moved or picked up?

They are big advantages but only for the neighbours of ppl who have huge amounts of animals. It will probably cost a good amount of resources to create and i think most people will not think about building it than. You need some advantages like:

-Animals live longer

-Animals get bonuses or have better breeding chances

Does it look like an instant building on a tile or is it something like a tent that can be moved or picked up?

those adaptations do sound really good, and i understand your reasoning.

i guess the animals live longer and get bonusses or w/e is good to make people want it.

i do not know if it is an instant building on a tile or something moveable, that is up to the discretion of the developers to decide.