Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Traders and the new servers

On the Xanadu server traders and money distribution will be changed somewhat compared to before, but we haven't had time to code that yet. The SELL option on tokens and personal merchants will still be available but you can not purchase trader contracts from the existing traders.

You will also not be able to use trader contracts brought from other servers once we connect those.

The only traders that will be available will be on the starter deeds, publically available.

We'll see how this works and what sort of alternate scheme we come up with!

Cheers,

Rolf

• Like 17

For the good of the game they should be premium linked so it is just an offset and not a cash grab. 

• Like 2

Great, but if we can't transfer silver via epic portal, how would someone who isn't able to pay cash set up? Just wondering because I've always funded my premium with hard work done for other players and so I don't have cash to just buy enough coins to set up. Is this the case where epic portals will be locked, or are we able to transfer funds to the players created on Xan? 

For the good of the game they should be premium linked so it is just an offset and not a cash grab. 

You mean if premium vanishes trader does too? or just that they can get the funds only IF premium? Either way don't make much sense tbh if that's what you meant?

If they make it linked to premium it would have to have a ownership writ, as right now that vanishes upon use so it wouldn't make much a difference if it was locked to premium or not since ownership belongs to the deed of the person who placed it. Unless they make it so it's "owned" by the player and not the deed, then that idea wouldn't work.

You mean if premium vanishes trader does too? or just that they can get the funds only IF premium? Either way don't make much sense tbh if that's what you meant?

If they make it linked to premium it would have to have a ownership writ, as right now that vanishes upon use so it wouldn't make much a difference if it was locked to premium or not since ownership belongs to the deed of the person who placed it. Unless they make it so it's "owned" by the player and not the deed, then that idea wouldn't work.

Yes the trader would be like a merchant kind of so not only a deed member but also player owned and yes if the player did not have premium when the payouts were made then their trader would not receive any money that month.  The existing traders will go to the mayor of the deed they are on during the changeover period so they would get the new "trader writ" or whatever they would call it.  

This way if you did not want to keep the deed you can pack up the trader and sell it to someone else since it is player owned now and works similar to a merchant contract. 

Edited by Kegan

On the Xanadu server traders and money distribution will be changed somewhat compared to before, but we haven't had time to code that yet. The SELL option on tokens and personal merchants will still be available but you can not purchase trader contracts from the existing traders.

You will also not be able to use trader contracts brought from other servers once we connect those.

The only traders that will be available will be on the starter deeds, publically available.

Excellent news!!!

=Ayes=

Doesn't reward or encourage people to make traders public. Players will still lock their traders up. Sure all those people with multiple traders will likely have now only have one. This should increase payouts to others since there would be less traders. But the mentality of locking up traders and milking the free money from them has not been address at all.

ROLF!  please for goodness sake make sure the starter deed trader(s) have a good ratio every month. Its ridiculously easy to fix even for a citizen (You can can probably just set it to whatever). A citizen would buy ~20s in player made goods in one transaction. In another transaction drain that 20s back off. Bam, trader has a ratio of about 1.0 and can distribute up to 1.8g before its ratio falls below 0.1. Frankly, the ratio mechanic should be removed because it just adds an unnecessary complication which achieves nothing.

Yes the trader would be like a merchant kind of so not only a deed member but also player owned and yes if the player did not have premium when the payouts were made then their trader would not receive any money that month.  The existing traders will go to the mayor of the deed they are on during the changeover period so they would get the new "trader writ" or whatever they would call it.  

This way if you did not want to keep the deed you can pack up the trader and sell it to someone else since it is player owned now and works similar to a merchant contract. 

I see what you mean now. Yeah that makes a lot more sense, but would it be applied cross server too though lol. I'll have my traders on Pristine but be living on Xanadu with the character who owns those. Crossing servers would make the ownership writ unusable so how would it apply then if the owner is not on the same server. I know there's some who have over 50 traders scattered on all the servers, to me that's downright greedy as I have one for myself and one for my villagers only and it does more then enough for us. 

I do agree that traders need to be "owned" so they can be moved at will (unless minimal distance prevents placing of course). Making the writs owned by the mayor would also benefit, in case said owner quits and another villager becomes mayor of that deed. That way the trader is always active so long as a player exists actively in that deed. In a democracy (if anyone actually uses that) the trader ownership will transfer when the deed ownership does, and the only one who can pick up the trader to move would be the initial founder of the deed. I do think they should be moveable and owned by the players and not the deed. Upkeep is easy to get anyway, they should give the tax collected to the players and just use that as the funding system it would still be a lot if the trader is public and in a busy region.

Doesn't reward or encourage people to make traders public. Players will still lock their traders up. Sure all those people with multiple traders will likely have now only have one. This should increase payouts to others since there would be less traders. But the mentality of locking up traders and milking the free money from them has not been address at all.

ROLF!  please for goodness sake make sure the starter deed trader(s) have a good ratio every month. Its ridiculously easy to fix even for a citizen (You can can probably just set it to whatever). A citizen would buy ~20s in player made goods in one transaction. In another transaction drain that 20s back off. Bam, trader has a ratio of about 1.0 and can distribute up to 1.8g before its ratio falls below 0.1. Frankly, the ratio mechanic should be removed because it just adds an unnecessary complication which achieves nothing.

I've never gotten mine past .75 ratio even when using 20s to reset it. And the return has always been 10s or less each reset....not sure how you guys get so much from them but I reset it the same way and get nothing from it except 1 month premium.

premium or not premium i think all need to  be as is now...  just  allow us control resets on traders each month and instant of 100% of coins get to trader pocket give 80% of that income to deed upkeeps... So if there is more traders that belong to deed and owner do resets his deed will be well feeded....  when he quit or stop care for em...  they dont bring money... so deed will disband some day....   

I would realy like to keep all as is now just instant of giving coins in trader pocket lets feed deed and drop only 20% into coins so traders pockets....

Xanadu has several starter deeds right? Otherwise it might be a loong way to grab something.

Anyway, how about letting people petition to have additional traders placed on mayor player deeds?

Edited by Keldun

Nine of them, scattered around the map.  You can see them from the in-game map.

Nice to see something finally being done about the trader system.

Deed stakes are a step in the right direction IMO, one less need for traders. :)

Edited by syncaidius

^This.^

I would have been premium for years more than I have if this was how they worked.

I see what you mean now. Yeah that makes a lot more sense, but would it be applied cross server too though lol. I'll have my traders on Pristine but be living on Xanadu with the character who owns those. Crossing servers would make the ownership writ unusable so how would it apply then if the owner is not on the same server. I know there's some who have over 50 traders scattered on all the servers, to me that's downright greedy as I have one for myself and one for my villagers only and it does more then enough for us. 

Well there is the first flaw i can see in the system. I guess the simple answer would be to only allow one trader if you allowed them a trader on each server then you end up with the same issue as having just 1s deeds but they would be spread out over all the pve servers.  Unless they only were to pay if you were on the server but that would not work either so it would have to be only one per charater across all servers. 

I've never gotten mine past .75 ratio even when using 20s to reset it. And the return has always been 10s or less each reset....not sure how you guys get so much from them but I reset it the same way and get nothing from it except 1 month premium.

I get less then 10s from each of my deli traders.

please read what you quoted, I didn't mean you'd GET lots of money. I said a trader could THEORETICALLY distribute up to 1.8g before its ratio broke. It's simple math. The ratio is earned/spent. So if a trader earns 20s ... 20s / X = 0.1...x is 200s potential spending until the ratio falls below 0.1. Finally, subtract the 20s you drained back off to et 1.8g. Additional, I'm talking about Xan. If the starter deeds there keep good ratios they will likely be distributing monthly totals upwards of gold coins (at least until Xan's new trader mechanics get finished, who knows after that)

For whats its worth here is some info from me deli trader.

Logging started 2014-05-20

[22:23:43] Trader_Jill targets none, and fights none

[22:23:43] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=96028, spent=7 Ratio=13718.286

Here I bought ~9s in cordage ropes in one transaction. in another transaction I drain 7i, sold a charcoal I think. At the end of the month I take my 9s back plus any additional free money. But ya I don't make enough from one trader to even pay premium.

Edited by joedobo

Getting rid of the King funds , and giving traders  more unique useful items and the ability to buy with coins only certain goods the player want and can affored to buy maybe the direction they should go, as Traders are just to silly atm for a economy that should be 100% player controlled

• Like 1

I do think we still need an offset but it just needs to be kept from being abused. 

We'll see how this works and what sort of alternate scheme we come up with!

Cheers,

Rolf

This good news...do not listen to anything the players might come up with and do whats best for the game,

They will always try to rig this in their best interests everytime.

With 9 towns on Xanadu I think there a plenty of Traders as it is.

Great, but if we can't transfer silver via epic portal, how would someone who isn't able to pay cash set up? Just wondering because I've always funded my premium with hard work done for other players and so I don't have cash to just buy enough coins to set up. Is this the case where epic portals will be locked, or are we able to transfer funds to the players created on Xan? 

You will be able to - When Xanadu is linked to all the other servers...

all I hear is on xanadu, the first one to have access to full trader will be the first one to drain MORE coin. this is a huge server with very very few traders maybe they will be the first to drain a gold from a trader now.

all I hear is on xanadu, the first one to have access to full trader will be the first one to drain MORE coin. this is a huge server with very very few traders maybe they will be the first to drain a gold from a trader now.

Maybe there will be rationed draining and not one big payout??  could be or Maybe there won't be any traders till they figure out a good plan to stop any of that from happening.  I would say ration draining to x amount a month and stock up kings funds for better things to be added later to the game.

Edited by Uberknot

They simply need to properly adjust that supply and demand system they seem to already have.

So that repeated sales of the same item net diminishing returns until someone actualy buys them baqck.

That way the traders will  be stock fully of the easy items pretty soon and no one can drain anymore.

People will have touse items that have actual value and will be bought back.