Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Rolf - what have you got against people with jobs?

So self centered to think that everyone works the same days and hours as you.

Deliverance was released at 5am my time on work days - two days in a row (first attempt was rolled back).

If I can do two long shifts in a row on exactly zero sleep, you can handle a few work night unique raids  ^_^ 

Well, I'm at work right now and I'll have to wait 5 hours from now to play on Xana, but you know what? It's just a game and it's not the end of the world.

Just because Rolf listens to the community regarding his sandbox game's development, doesn't mean the players should be incorporated in every business decision his company makes. 

Your real life commitments causing conflicts with your personal video game hobby schedule, seems like a personal problem to me. 

Looks like you should have requested a few days off from work if it's that important to you. 

Unless of course, you're just here to gripe. 

• Like 3

I agree the time is brutal for pretty much anyone in NA with a job, but it makes sense given where the dev team is and everything else that goes with it.

I'd rather have people around to fix things necessary than have it open at an "optimal" time for the NA people only to crash after a few minutes.

I do agree that it would have been best to be on a Friday or something and I'd have considered taking time off work if I hadn't literally just come back from a vacation the day before the launch.

Bad luck for me, but it makes sense from a business perspective to do it this way.

• Like 1

Releasing Xanadu today made perfect sense, but spawning the uniqes makes none, why did those two events have to be togetehr?

I have no idea why people are talking about Xanadu - that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This was purely about the unique spawns.

Of course there will never be a time that 100% of the people will find fits their schedule. But equally certainly the weekends is absolutely the time that fits with the most.

I wish i could participate in unique kills - However, what is difficult is they spawn all the same time and that means people in other time zones or who are unavailable because of work or school will not be able to participate.

just the way life is..

And you do realice that Rolf is not a banker, this is entretainment business, get with the program.   Its not an invented fact, or a coincidence that big events are usually hosted on weekends or holidays/vacations.

Defending the undefendable is silly.

I just wanted to point out, that no one can EXPECT him to do stuff on the weekends...he has a family to care for after all and just because he makes "entertainment" it doesnt mean, that he has to spend all his free time on entertaining us. Besides that most people are living in very different timezones who are playing wurm, how should he possibly find a time for everyone?

btw...maybe we should also talk about gaming developing business....they already HAVE different times from normal working people, but most if not ALL of the mmos I know are never bringing stuff up on weekends...generally they are bringing it up within working days, so that they have time to patch a little before the weekend in case there are some severe issues that couldnt be tested beforehand...so in that sense it makes ALOT of sense to realease big stuff BEFORE the weekend, so that people can enjoy it on the weekend with less bugs.... (im not saying that he will bring patches, but it seems reasonable to me)

and another thing: this is a sandbox game which means not everyone will get the same "epic" experiences ever, it will be always different, unlike those themepark mmos who try to even out everything for every player so everyone gets the same....would you want that? A dragon to kill for everyone?

Edited by Miretta

I just wanted to point out, that no one can EXPECT him to do stuff on the weekends...he has a family to care for after all and just because he makes "entertainment" it doesnt mean, that he has to spend all his free time on entertaining us. Besides that most people are living in very different timezones who are playing wurm, how should he possibly find a time for everyone?

btw...maybe we should also talk about gaming developing business....they already HAVE different times from normal working people, but most if not ALL of the mmos I know are never bringing stuff up on weekends...generally they are bringing it up within working days, so that they have time to patch a little before the weekend in case there are some severe issues that couldnt be tested beforehand...so in that sense it makes ALOT of sense to realease big stuff BEFORE the weekend, so that people can enjoy it on the weekend with less bugs.... (im not saying that he will bring patches, but it seems reasonable to me)

and another thing: this is a sandbox game which means not everyone will get the same "epic" experiences ever, it will be always different, unlike those themepark mmos who try to even out everything for every player so everyone gets the same....would you want that? A dragon to kill for everyone?

Whatever, do you not agree that the timing is terrible? and that most of the playerbase would potentially have the weekend available to make use of this "event" wich, certainly, has a timer ?

Can you really say it with a straight face, that an EVENT, not a patch, an EVENT is best held at a time where most people are at work, during a weekday?

You think this topic is gonna change a release its date?  :lol: >.< Rolf is the owner of the game he makes his decisions on when something is released not you.

If people can't make it its not Rolf his fault. Also you can't expect Rolf to think of every player in wurm. I can't play in the weekends? So yea i was happy with this planned release during week days.

You think this topic is gonna change a release its date?  :lol: >.< Rolf is the owner of the game he makes his decisions on when something is released not you.

If people can't make it its not Rolf his fault. Also you can't expect Rolf to think of every player in wurm. I can't play in the weekends? So yea i was happy with this planned release during week days.

You are missing all the points, all of them.

• Like 2

do you not agree that the timing is terrible? and that most of the playerbase would potentially have the weekend available to make use of this "event" wich, certainly, has a timer ?

Can you really say it with a straight face, that an EVENT, not a patch, an EVENT is best held at a time where most people are at work, during a weekday?

im not sure why i would need a straight face for agreeing with it ;) Yes of course I agree it's a bad timing for people who are working, but I'm not trying to see only one side of the coin. And just imagine they would need to make a rollback after the first few days cause of some major bugs, how would people feel if they had more time to spend on it?

but regarding the topic...one thing i REALLY dont understand is why they had to respawn the dragons with the release of a new server....It's mixing up events and could have been used more strategically to either reduce the load of people coming to Xanadu in one day by making them respawn on the same days the borders are opened or they could have respawned them way later as another "event" since respawning dragons is probably just hitting one button which could be done easily shortly before a weekend...while Xanadu itself as event is big enough to be hold by itself.

btw...you could be also mad at other players, that they are not considered enough to wait for the weekend to start hunting down uniques ;) that they actually PREFER doing it as fast as possible just because they are scared that someone else would catch it before them....isnt it sad how people are so afraid of loosing a "privilege"?

im not sure why i would need a straight face for agreeing with it ;) Yes of course I agree it's a bad timing for people who are working, but I'm not trying to see only one side of the coin. And just imagine they would need to make a rollback after the first few days cause of some major bugs, how would people feel if they had more time to spend on it?

but regarding the topic...one thing i REALLY dont understand is why they had to respawn the dragons with the release of a new server....It's mixing up events and could have been used more strategically to either reduce the load of people coming to Xanadu in one day by making them respawn on the same days the borders are opened or they could have respawned them way later as another "event" since respawning dragons is probably just hitting one button which could be done easily shortly before a weekend...while Xanadu itself as event is big enough to be hold by itself.

btw...you could be also mad at other players, that they are not considered enough to wait for the weekend to start hunting down uniques ;) that they actually PREFER doing it as fast as possible just because they are scared that someone else would catch it before them....isnt it sad how people are so afraid of loosing a "privilege"?

I cant be mad at other players, the content has been served to them in a silver plater, and I think it was the right thing to do, I just dont agree on the day.   I agree with you that the new server launch didnt really need to be the same as uniques respawning.   Things have gone incredibly smoother than I expected though.

I just realised that the new Uniques have new kinds of loot and new loots system. So it actually did made sense to spawn them early and have worktime to fix stuff.

just quit your job, that's what I did

got 6 drakes slain since yesterday

lol...You lucky dog...but unfortunately not everyone can have that option.... :P

Moment 22 game flaws.

Weaponsmithing, Meditation, Metallurgy and a 2nd Priest channeling character.

Gamedesigns that force you to quit your irl work, and with no income you cant afford to pay for wurmonline, so you will be forced to quit wurm.

Moment 22 game flaws.

Weaponsmithing, Meditation, Metallurgy and a 2nd Priest channeling character.

Gamedesigns that force you to quit your irl work, and with no income you cant afford to pay for wurmonline, so you will be forced to quit wurm.

None of the above is flawed. You do not need any of the above. All the above are for those that wish a bit of a challenge, you do not need to accept that challenge. Thank god a game has left something for hardcore players only.

• Like 1

None of the above is flawed. You do not need any of the above. All the above are for those that wish a bit of a challenge, you do not need to accept that challenge. Thank god a game has left something for hardcore players only.

That druid found the fantastic hat of wisdom +9 :o

• Like 1