Sign in to follow this  
Arson

Xanadu Preparation Checklist

Good evening folks. I'm returning for the Xanadu landrush, but I haven't played Wurm in a while. I want to make sure that I'm ready the moment things open up tomorrow, so I'm making a list and checking it twice. Feedback would be appreciated. 

-Must Create New Character

-Complete Tutorial ASAP (I'm doing it this evening so as not to have to fool around with the new one)

-Premium status...must it be purchased now, or can it be purchased tomorrow as well? 

-Settlement form...as I understand it there's some new settlement stake or something. Is this meant as a replacement for the settlement form? 

-Since there will be numerous starting points will there be traders at each starting points for tokens to deposit/withdraw funds? 

Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything. I want to make sure when the switch is flipped I'm ready to go. 

-Die once to every type of mob

-Run screaming through darkened woods past wolves, scorpions, and spiders.

Also, hype the hell out of it and hope its not as much of a let down as every other content release.

• Like 1

There really isn't anything to prep, Since your going in naked anyway.  Nobody knows for sure how the deed stakes will work, But someone said you need money in the bank first. So their must be tokens somewhere.  the only real prep work, Is study the map, And try to guess at a useful location.

The new tutorial can be skipped.

How? I made a toon 2 days ago and was forced to do it.

Once the new tutorial is open, you don't have to run through it. There will be a portal to skip it.

Once the new tutorial is open, you don't have to run through it. There will be a portal to skip it.

Yeah, I specifically did the tutorial now because my bet is it'll be broken when the new one comes out. 

Edited by Arson

Yeah, I specifically did the tutorial now because my bet is it'll be broken when the new one comes out. 

My characters waiting at the gate, and theres a sign to the side that says tutorial  and theres a steel gimmer gate

A GM's been sitting in a tent by the gate most of the day

2evaf5h.jpg

Edited by Holo

Not sure if you were replying just to add that in there, but we all know that just because they've worked on a thing doesn't mean said thing works. You can absolutely count on launch issues tomorrow, whether large or small. If it's like the Pristine launch it'll be issues with porting from the tutorial to the server. 

Still think it's a good idea to avoid the new tutorial by completing the current one now. There are present registration issues with new characters, tomorrow might be tutorial issues. I'd just avoid all of that if possible. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you were replying just to add that in there, but we all know that just because they've worked on a thing doesn't mean said thing works. You can absolutely count on launch issues tomorrow, whether large or small. If it's like the Pristine launch it'll be issues with porting from the tutorial to the server. 

Still think it's a good idea to avoid the new tutorial by completing the current one now. There are present registration issues with new characters, tomorrow might be tutorial issues. I'd just avoid all of that if possible. 

Exactly the reason I'm skipping launch day and coming over once the servers are connected in a week, less bugs, less dying to random mobs seeing as I've got 63FS. Seems more conducive to real settling

All there is for you to do is read walls of pop up text, you can just walk back the way you came to get back to the gate once you read what you wanted too

All there is for you to do is read walls of pop up text, you can just walk back the way you came to get back to the gate once you read what you wanted too

Are you talking about the new tutorial or the old one, because the old one I've already completed and am waiting by the portal. The new one...who knows? 

Exactly the reason I'm skipping launch day and coming over once the servers are connected in a week, less bugs, less dying to random mobs seeing as I've got 63FS. Seems more conducive to real settling

I can respect that, but if that week turns into 2 months you may be disappointed :/ 

• Like 2