Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

New unique butcher rate comparison and discussion

why are you guys killing celebrations dragons first?

Mixed up a blood potion:

[21:04:12] A hammer with a thick head made entirely from wood. Normally used to bonk other wooden things together. It is made from pinewood. It could be improved with a log.
[21:04:12] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.si.ecay'.
[21:04:12] Wind of ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [87]
[21:04:12] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [62]

[21:04:13] You imbue a mallet with a potion of carpentry.
[21:04:13] The mallet will now be more effective when used for the specific purpose.

[21:04:38] A hammer with a thick head made entirely from wood. Normally used to bonk other wooden things together. It is made from pinewood. It could be improved with a log.
[21:04:38] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.si.ecay'.
[21:04:38] Wind of ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [87]
[21:04:38] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [62]

No indication that it's different. Guess I will wait until a server restart, but as it looks, I don't think I'll be running around month after month for dragons when all I get is a potion that probably acts as coc on a tool.

Edited by As_I_Decay

I think it took 20 on Cele

Yep. But you know as well as I do that most of the people on there were not the average freedom guy ;P

I'd vote it should have enough to create any one piece of armour. So you don't need to kill two dragons to get a chest plate. But ehn, that's just a noob thought really :P

Yep. But you know as well as I do that most of the people on there were not the average freedom guy ;P

And? you are able to change servers to keep killing them. Nothings stopping you.

I think its fine, you're getting items(everyone in the area not just one or two) that are new and can farther enchant items. Wait for the add on to be ironed out and debugged before wanting it changed for your greed and leak of drive to do a GATHERING HUNT

Edited by Holo

And? you are able to change servers to keep killing them. Nothings stopping you.

Okay. I thought by the last dozen rage threads that people didn't like guys from chaos coming over to kill "their" dragons...

• Like 2

Okay. I thought by the last dozen rage threads that people didn't like guys from chaos coming over to kill "their" dragons...

If the respawns are random and not a fixed date I think that'd give enough time for people to organize locally before a big hunting party boated through.

We'll see how it all works out

• Like 1

I saw someone get +7 to leatherworking on a mallet from a potion of shipbuilding..

7 dragons to get one set, 6 months (assumed time) to wait for it to respawn. Do i really need to do the maths on that for you guys to realise the extreme time it would take to make one set and thats assuming the same group of people get the kill each time one respawns? which is insanely unlikely.

5 years playing and I still don't have a set.  Actually, the drop seems fair as material will end up getting sold on the market and those who want to have a set will likely just buy the materials off the market and make a set in much less time that you are describing, especially since little bits of materials will be cropping up throughout the servers.  Its the same scenario that we had with Seryll lumps.  People that wanted them purchased them from those that wanted to sell.  Seems fair to me, tbh.

5 years playing and I still don't have a set.  Actually, the drop seems fair as material will end up getting sold on the market and those who want to have a set will likely just buy the materials off the market and make a set in much less time that you are describing, especially since little bits of materials will be cropping up throughout the servers.  Its the same scenario that we had with Seryll lumps.  People that wanted them purchased them from those that wanted to sell.  Seems fair to me, tbh.

I think the point he was making was that likely as not you could have had a set if you'd wanted it. I've been playing about as long as you have and have had 3 scale sets and more drake sets than I can remember pass through my fingers at some point or other.

• Like 1

I'm glad they're being killed instead of being farmed for eggs as has happened the previous years.

I'm just upset that I'm stuck here at work instead being there to help kill them.

• Like 1

Rarity transfer requires a restart I think.

That drake and scale yields are this way is of course open for discussion. That it's stupidly low is an opinion. We wanted to replace those with the other loot but left some at least. Right now it's up to you if you think it's worth killing the uniques over them.

As I write in another thread, mixing blood and salt will become easier.

It is great :)

5 dragons on one day my new personal record :P

Edited by Sklo:D

Everyone forgets there's 8 servers, so 8 uniques a month if you were interested..

Those epic items seem to be more common than expected though, seeing as epic have to work their asses off in scenarios.

• Like 1

Seeing as these dragons and uniques were just released with so many of them being killed within such a short time frame, I would say that the drop rate for scale/hides is more than sufficient. Then added to this are the new bones, blood and skulls for other advantages when applied. This will all reduce the RL money making profitability of these kills and give more players the opportunity to participate in these hunts. All good things to make playing Wurm more about playing the game and less about raking in the RL profits. Maybe some day in the far future Wurm will even have a real in game economy as a result.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

a )  far to much drakesets around to call then rare

b ) lets see how the dropping rates works out over time (6-12 month) and adjust then if needed. No need to complain right now.

Edited by Herrfritz
  • Like 1

I do also think it seems the "random" loot seems to drop to much. Maybe lower that slightly, and then increase the drop of a set to exactly 1 set per drake. If you fail to create, well, bad luck. So 3.52KG per drake and 6.4KG per scale kill. (Or, as it is already very rare, 2 red dragon kills for 1 set, so 3.2KG per kill).

*IF* 8 uniques spawn per month (1 per server) that could be 8 steady sets per month, or ofcourse, if dragons don't spawn, it'll be less but at least it'll be fun to kill them to find out what the next respawn is.

Also, do uniques respawn after 1 month if the old one didn't get killed?

Personally I'm happy with the drop rates.  I do find the potions a tad silly, but I'll live with it.

I am a bit saddened that people are ninja killing the dragons, I'm not after the scale or drake, I  have mine... what I don't have and apparently never will have now... is the Dragonslayer title..  Can't any of you stop being greedy for just a bit and offer in that server's chat to let people come out and get a hit in?

Maybe next time...

Personally I'm happy with the drop rates.  I do find the potions a tad silly, but I'll live with it.

I am a bit saddened that people are ninja killing the dragons, I'm not after the scale or drake, I  have mine... what I don't have and apparently never will have now... is the Dragonslayer title..  Can't any of you stop being greedy for just a bit and offer in that server's chat to let people come out and get a hit in?

Maybe next time...

Agreed. I think Xallo has been the only person in the past doing a unique kill that actually invited the public. The rest seem to be either Chaos groups coming over to ninja them or ex chaos guys inviting a friend of a friend. 

The main problem I see with this new loot, is the fact that encourage the creation of kill teams, if you need lets say 20 fighters to kill a unique, and the unique drops so limited loot, then probably is not worth gathering a 20 people crew where 15-16 will get nothing. So the only viable option will be the creation of a fix crew to harvest as many uniques as they can all across the servers.

To me is not so strange to see that Chaos people are currently annihilating all freedom dragons, the PvP play style makes it easy to gather a killing team, they have the experience for organization of raid like events, they have a strong reason to rush into the hunt (preventing the rival factions from accessing something they see as a valuable resource) etc. so counting with some inside information is not hard to form such a group and go into a killing spree.

Maybe at some point we as a freedomers can organize one of this teams and try to participate, who knows?

I find that new change about uniques is long overdue and a big improvement to wurm gameplay. Finally the game offers some exciting pray and the need to gather in groups for hunting. Also it will help to bring more new high-value products on the market.

Keep on spawning all slayed uniques once a month but please set the spawning dates on friday evening or saturday so more ppl can take part in hunts.

I find it good, that you've considered not to flood the market with drake. I suggest to keep an eye on the drake armor / player ratio and adjust the drops accordingly. Although, i think that .5 kg per kill should stay the minimum guaranteed gain. If you decide to increase the drake yield, then please implement it in several hide pieces of .5kg each so it can be shared among the participants.

Also you might wanna to adjust the strength of the uniques depending how many ppl will take part in that hunting buisiness.

3 of the elevation uniques have respawn a already on elevation

The chaos green dragon has already respawned

5 uniques have respawned on pristine already

Uhhh butcher weight is fine, things are more common than champion dogs!!!!!

• Like 1

You should be able to get atleast one set of scale armours worth in weight of scales from a red dragon IMO. They're the most dangerous with their insta kill aoe so I think it should be a bit more rewarding.

And I'd say upping the drake hide weight to 1kg would be fine too.

already respawned!!!!!!!!? that needs tweaking seriously! they shouldn't respawn just like that 

if dragons are going to respawn every server restart, then lower the amount even more

Edited by Maximustehgreat

Im loving the drops. Please dont change them!

I feel the change is good and works, the things i would change are 

A.) make it so worse care butcher gives enough for 1 chest piece  and 2 with a small amount left over with a best butcher.  as it stands now .5kg means no chest or legs  

b.) make it so that the blood enchants dont decay with uses like normal ones make them like demise spells,  The fact they decay and are supose to compensate the change to leather is extremely lame