Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

New unique butcher rate comparison and discussion

With the killing of the Red Dragon on Deliverance and the butcher results I, as with many others, would like to know what other people got and see if we cant compile some results and figure out this new butcher check and the drops.

The Red Dragon on Deliverance, butchered by Alyeska at 87 skill with 90+ ql supreme knife yielded:

[23:52:55] <Alyeska> 7 meat, a 2,5 kg scale (wtf thats stupidly low) a rare bone, a skull, a toot, an eye, and a gland

*Scale ql was 55

Chaos Green Dragon

60 butcher skill

93Quality Supreme Butchers Knife

Yield

0.5kg Drake hide  (Drake set uses 3.19kg including "Scrap")

Skull, rare bones, eye, tooth, gland + meat

Pristine - green dragon

72 Butcher skill, 90ql supreme butcher knife

.5kg drake hide

skull, rare bone, eye, tooth, gland, black tome

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

Kyklops on Pristine: 7 meat, gland, eye, blood of the angels potion, club, skull, and rare strange bone

Forest Giant on Pristine: 7 meat, gland, eye, white cherry, supreme forest giant bone, skull, and club

Reports Green dragon on Chaos yielded a 0.5kg hide upon butcher

(Please note that you need 0.55kg for a drake hide pants, and 7 dragons for a single set at that drop rate)

[00:02:58] <xxxx> [00:02:52] The green dragon hatchling drake hide contains too little material to create a drake hide pants.  Try to combine it with a similar object to get a larger amount.

Edited by Fooligun

anyone tried transferring rarity with their bone yet?

Okay got confirmation for you all.

Chaos Green Dragon

60 butcher skill

93Quality Supreme Butchers Knife

Yield

0.5kg Drake hide  (Drake set uses 3.19kg including "Scrap")

Skull, rare bones, eye, tooth, gland + meat

Rarity transfer requires a restart I think.

That drake and scale yields are this way is of course open for discussion. That it's stupidly low is an opinion. We wanted to replace those with the other loot but left some at least. Right now it's up to you if you think it's worth killing the uniques over them.

As I write in another thread, mixing blood and salt will become easier.

• Like 5

The butcher would be fine if it didn't require this many people to put them down.

• Like 3

The fact that you would need to kill 7 dragons to make ONE set is just.....way way too low. I understand that the uniques will respawn regularly now, but it sounds to me like its entirely likely that you could go months without it actually being a dragon that spawns.

• Like 2

The butcher would be fine if:

1) they were easier, it took a very large group to take down the red on deliverance. 

or 

2) the yeild was increased to allow for one complete set to be made or one full hide/scale (15kg) like it used to be.

Right now with the current drops from the butcher it is not worth going out and killing these things.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

How about every dragon will produce 1 set of drake, and red dragons half a set of scale. And set respawn to every 6 months, respawns only happen on xanadu

Edited by Maximustehgreat

Rarity transfer requires a restart I think.

That drake and scale yields are this way is of course open for discussion. That it's stupidly low is an opinion. We wanted to replace those with the other loot but left some at least. Right now it's up to you if you think it's worth killing the uniques over them.

As I write in another thread, mixing blood and salt will become easier.

On that basis, 10 fighters (likely need more to kill a dragon) and that this 0.5kg drop isn't unexpectedly low, then this single group of 10 players will need to kill 70 dragons to obtain a complete set of drake hide armour between them.

I don't know what armour is meant to "replace" drake or scale as the elite armour in the game, but this doesn't seem right to me, and yes it is my opinion.

• Like 2

im in the opinion that drake and scale should be rare, or what is the point in having it rare in the first place. if everyone is walking around with a set it becomes common, so its very hard ground to tackle in this situation

• Like 4

How about every dragon will produce 1 set of drake, and red dragons half a set of scale. And set respawn to every 6 months, respawns only happen on xanadu

How about respawn only happen in any server but Xanadu?

• Like 1

I like this tbh, it's just enough to keep the existing sets reimped, thus not detracting from the value of existing sets. IMO the ability to make things supreme/fantastic with the bones makes up for the loss in "gains" from killing dragons, as fantastic weapons would still be pretty OP.

• Like 3

I like this tbh, it's just enough to keep the existing sets reimped, thus not detracting from the value of existing sets. IMO the ability to make things supreme/fantastic with the bones makes up for the loss in "gains" from killing dragons, as fantastic weapons would still be pretty OP.

As far as I know you still use leather for imping drake, kinda sucks to need to kill so many for a set. Though the people of Black Legion are happy with the drake boot provided to us by the one true godess Libila.

• Like 6

I think that's a Perfect drop rate.  especially with the rare/supreme/fantastic things added.......I kind of want to try and go get a few of those  :ph34r:

This will allow a few new sets to be made over time, and actually "obtainable".... while keeping it rare As it should be in my opinion.

Not sure on the potion things though, I'd rather see that actually craftable, and last a X amount of time or something - but that's just to make alchemy more cool.  what ever the case, I like the way it was done overall.

• Like 4

im in the opinion that drake and scale should be rare, or what is the point in having it rare in the first place. if everyone is walking around with a set it becomes common, so its very hard ground to tackle in this situation

It pretty much is already all the long term players i know have a set or two

I believe the drops are fair if the dragons are going to be respawning even if its 6months of longer.  We dont really need to drown the market with more sets.  Even though it still requires a big group still  the chance for those potions and bones should be worth it. 

its so easy to kill a dragon or unique honestly the reward so small is fitting, dont act like its even hard lol 

• Like 6

7 dragons to get one set, 6 months (assumed time) to wait for it to respawn. Do i really need to do the maths on that for you guys to realise the extreme time it would take to make one set and thats assuming the same group of people get the kill each time one respawns? which is insanely unlikely.

its so easy to kill a dragon or unique honestly the reward so small is fitting, dont act like its even hard lol 

took around 40 people to down the red. Especially on freedom not everyone has amazing skills in combat to help them.

Well considering the Dev Post on the new spawn rates stated most uniques would be spawned around once a month moving forward...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/102853-unique-creatures-respawned-–-new-loot-system-registration-email-issues/?p=1042830

• We are respawning the uniques all over the board, sometimes of special types. A bit more often than once per month a new unique will spawn as well in the future.

took around 40 people to down the red. Especially on freedom not everyone has amazing skills in combat to help them.

I think it took 20 on Cele

what i mean is its not like WoW, there's no "skill" involved.  does it take people, yes, does it take resources and enchants goods, yes, but in the end you just sit and attack . it's not like WoW or other MMO boss fights where you must position yourself in areas, wait for certain spells, it's just mostly attack n wait.  red is hard, sure, but i dunno the rest is like slaying a champ spider

• Like 2