Sign in to follow this  
kingkiller

potions

here is some info on the potions so far,

[19:04:29] You start to smear the potion of potionShipbuilding on the mountain lion pelt.

[19:32:05] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves leather working max ql [12]

[16:08:27] You imbue a mountain lion pelt with a potion of carpentry.

what it did did not show at the time was bugged

[19:11:46] You start to smear the oil of the armour smith on the mountain lion pelt.

[19:32:05] It has been imbued with special abilities, and it improves armour smithing  max ql [7]

[19:18:28] You start to smear the salve of frost on the longsword.

seems to do nothing.

you can use souce salt over and over to make the potions

ql100 pelt btw

warning.

When making a potion get someone with alchemy to do it for you, if you fail you lose the blood.

And do not mix the bloods

To get blood you just have to be in local range, kill any alts in your local.

Edited by kingkiller

if I'm reading this right, armor Smith boosts armor smithing... shipbuilding boosts leather working. '_'

• Like 2

Ah ... the new Leather ships must have been added ;-)

• Like 9

i think its a bug i have a pelt that improves leather worker :,(

I'm kind of assuming the potions are boosting the effective quality of the item. This will be interesting.

aside from the hesitant feeling they've added ql100+ items, I'm hopeful that it adds to the improvement formula. a ql60 mallet with +12 new enchant works to improve as if we're a ql72 mallet, but has same stats as a 60 mallet ie dmg and rot rate, speed ans skill gain.

or it literally IMPROVES the item ql, if so... cash shop coming soon

I so hate that Rolf leaves us in the dark on new game feature mechanics.  It leads to inadequate information, complete speculation, and ultimate frustration.  Otherwise, I love the new features.  I would just love them more if I knew how they worked!

• Like 1

I used a carpentry potion on a rare saw and it doesnt say anything new... so YAY BUGGED POTIONS!!!!

If i had known what exactly it improved I probably could have wasted it on something better... lol...

Edited by Nievette

anyone try using a potion on your body by chance (in paperdoll screen)?

Carpentry potion was bugged and did not give a message.

Mixing is apparently too hard and difficulty will be lowered.

Trying to figure out why the examine messages seem garbled.

Sorry for the low info. Sometimes either you get progress or you get info:P But yeah potions should increase the max you can improve and we may tweak their usability a bit more as well to give more bonus to rolls.

• Like 2

As long as it does not stack and have crazy high level items i don't think that would be good. 

Edit: Well I guess you are still limited by the ability to improve that high too, lol

Edited by Kegan

Mixing is apparently too hard and difficulty will be lowered.

I'm all in for finding stuff for myself but damn, would have loved to know how hard it was to mix(didnt even know you could fail until, i failed). lost my blood, not too but hurt. 

tis a shame thats all. 

note: I did try to check the chance by using the crafting window, but its yet to be added.

Edited by boombza

the buff to improve items does not do much but that chance to make something rare more would be nice

I just really hope these potions don't open another level bracket. I've been in games that added new 'levels of awesomeness' be it raising levels, skill caps or adding higher stat gear... all it did in the end was make it less appealing to have additional characters.

keep the ql 1-100, if potions only make it easier to get the better results of an existing tool (less failed actions) that's great. if the result is opening up ql 101-200 item range... don't buy into it. in another year those items will be crap because you can get a ql500 hammer for the same 3s.

Last game I played I quit when I purchased an expansion that had 0 content for my character even while being 217/14/32 lvl of possible 220/30/70.

edit:

no I was not a power leveler, if so, it would be possible to grind out a 220 in a week, get the /30/ in a 5-10 days time and work out the last /70/ overlapping that time it took grinding out the proper levels. instead I enjoyed the games offerings over the 9 years I played that character. after quitting, it was about 18-24 months before I played another game (wurm).

some like a skill grind, I am one of them. Wurm is a great game for a grind (don't have a 70+ skill on freedom yet*) I hear getting to 70 is a good goal, getting 90 takes twice as long and getting the last 9.99999 takes as long as 0-90. start raising the bar further and even a patient Tibetan monk mightthink twice starting that path.

Edited by Leroy