Sign in to follow this  
Guest trmprognut

Saddle bags for horses

Has anyone suggested in the past to add lockable saddle bags to the game for horses?  I think it would be a nice feature as you could carry some extra inventory from place to place without having to do the cart thing  all the time.  Like carrying items back and forth from merchants.

• Like 9

This could enable traveling merchants now that we have tents

Both saddlebags and travelling merchants have been suggested before, cant find the post's but then didn't go looking to far back either.

+1 to Saddlebags. 

Been suggested by Carolgian not long ago . Still a really good idea id love to have my tools in a saddle bag while traveling rather than inv so i can craft alot better.

Saddlebags, pack frames, and numerous other means of placing loads unto animals have come up a number of times.

And of course its all +1 to me.

Edited by Klaa

+1

But only like 10kg holding bag or so, otherwise if you guys want any insane weight there will be little use for large cart/wagon.

I agree with saddlebags, though I'm not sure about them being lockable...

+1 

+1

But only like 10kg holding bag or so, otherwise if you guys want any insane weight there will be little use for large cart/wagon.

I think you meant 100kg. Horses can carry 15-30% of their body weight with tack and rider (irl).

• Like 1

I wouldnt run a traveling merchant from a horse, But I would like to be able to hunt from a horse and not have to run home and unload every half hour.  This would enable me to carry a lot more stuff, And should be set so that it doesnt weigh the horse down, And get him killed.

Soo many years of seeing this suggested but never implemented. :P

+5 from me "again" :D