How many druids out there dream of a golden sickle?  How many would be romans dream of a bronze shortsword?  A silver bell for those priests wishing to exorcise evil spirits.  Stone tools for those primitive cultures.

Essentially I think a wider variety of possible uses for each material would be very nice, even if some of those uses are a bit strange.  Just allowing existing components to be made with a larger variety of metals.  This could open up interesting crafting options requiring unusual components (think of a silver sword, doing higher damage against spirit templars but reduced damage to everything else).

Thoughts on this?

Would be intersting, especially if the creation materials also altered the properties, such as gold being much easier to enchant, but taking slightly higher damage, silver being more effective on valerie cridders, bronze takeing less decay damge, but very hard to imp,  Brass takes a lot more damge, but is better at parrying, and blocking.  (Its a very slippery metal)

Stone... not sure if that would fit in well as a general tool crafting material, but being able to craft the shod club with a stone and a log would be funny, imping with carpentry on it, and perhaps a few other additional crude devices, crude iron scale armor, made by combining crushed wemp with rock iron after you beat it into crude scale plates with your mallet, after heating it up in a fire or something.  You forage rock iron from rock tiles. , Improved with rock iron, crude knife, hide, and a wooden mallet.  (Fight on your battlecow with it, or gate-hopping from your first enclosure)   

Edited by Battlepaw

When talking of stone I was actually just thinking the ability to make more crude tools.  For those times when you need a tool for a single use and then never again.  Rather than having to set up a forge, look for metal etc you can just knock out a low QL tool that decays quickly.  A stone sickle, a stone axe (how on earth do we not have stone axes?!) things of that vein.

I love the idea on material properties and it is partly why I suggested it.  That kind of thing would be the next step up ^_^

Edited by Etherdrifter

I would love to be able to use dye as paint on BSB and not need 120 kg of it.

Or any other item, the amount is kind of crazy.

And you can only paint stuff on your deed, before anyone says they don't want to see pink crap all over the place.