Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel

Mud

When it were to rain dirt tiles would turn into mud and depending on how heavy the rain was the harder it would be to cross over it.

• Like 1

And easier to dig, perhaps?

Yea and if dug it would take few hours for it to dry and turn to dirt.

This could be an interesting way of manufacturing clay, actually. Mud + some kind of churn/sifter device

• Like 2

This could be an interesting way of manufacturing clay, actually. Mud + some kind of churn/sifter device

I know I know im brilliant I don't know how I do it these ideas just seem to come to me at random.

• Like 1

If a animal pig is placed on a mud tile it would become dirty, so we can groom it again. (a + for nature animal husbandry)

Its allways been a bit frustrating, as a player that likes mountains, to not have any clay acess.   Would be nice to have alternative ways to make clay.   Also, a good way to work on natural substances skill :D

• Like 1

Planting in mud giving trees/bushes/crops a free growth stage would also be nice.

-1 I don't see how it would benefit the game or be of enjoyment to the players. Just another terrain type for the sake of it. Generally when you're out walking you don't think "oh yes, marsh tiles, I absolutely love walking over those!". The fact that the tiles would actively change would also mean a pretty heavy server load, and it already staggers with creature movement.

I can't tell whether this is a serious suggestion or not but it feels safer to -1 it than to ignore it.

• Like 1

-1 I don't see how it would benefit the game or be of enjoyment to the players. Just another terrain type for the sake of it. Generally when you're out walking you don't think "oh yes, marsh tiles, I absolutely love walking over those!". The fact that the tiles would actively change would also mean a pretty heavy server load, and it already staggers with creature movement.

I can't tell whether this is a serious suggestion or not but it feels safer to -1 it than to ignore it.

Hmm, I see your point Aeris, would be interesting to be able to craft clay after making mud though, perhaps by mixing a pile of dirt, with the right ammount of water in a large container like a barrel, tub or whatnot, then using mud with an object, or mixing in rock shards.  Make huge batches of clay at once that way, especially in larger containers.   

Would be time consuming, but at least its an alternative to going huge distances for clay.   

Some alternate ideas, would be to add a dirt pile to a well, and turn the entire weight of the water content to mud at once, then have to remove it before the well can fill with clean water again, perhaps by using a shovel on the well, and getting a set amount at a time until its clear.  That would be interesting. Or a dredge :D   lol.   

There are a lot of possibilities there.  

Edited by Battlepaw

I agree that getting clay is too time-consuming in some parts of the map. I am guessing it's relatively rare in an attempt to try to promote trading or whatever, but seeing how impassable especially Independence is it's never really been a working business opportunity. I'd prefer other methods over this suggestion though, like the terrain changing rods that someone suggested a while back - or perhaps that traders sold clay in lots. :)