Sign in to follow this  
Notomono

Armor calculator.

After only getting my character recently able to fight even the lowest of creatures I had been doing a lot of research into FS, weapons and then armor.

I saw that there was a nicely detailed, fairly recent, armor calculation. But it was hard to recognize at a glance, and had no calculator for it.

So I made a simple one:

http://calc.notomono.onnix.net/wurm/armor.php

If this is interesting and helpful to people i can expand it and give it a better interface.

Edit:

Armor page in wiki with formula.
http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Armor

Edited by Notomono
  • Like 4

no offence but i am not going to trust any links/programs from an account made today. 

Link is perfectly safe, just a PHP page.  Calculator is quite nice, thanks!

One change I would suggest is allow us to enter the QL manually as well with a text box and not just the sliders.

Edited by Mongoo

Nice tool, and kegan and hoof just dont speak if u aint got anything usefull to say.

• Like 2

It  was useful in my eyes we are always told not to click on links and files that are unknown when you read about keeping yourself safe from viruses. I am no programmer or IT person so it was my way of saying this is an unknown link click with care like i have been told to do to keep my pc safe. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Advice, features, and updates are definitely welcome. It was made very simply and quickly mainly just do do the basic calculations and comparisons.

If there is interest and people will use it, I will put more then the hour I have into it making it a better interface and design. (might also look at making a wider set of tools as well.)

very useful, thank you!  90 studded = 83 chain = 67.5 hide.

Took me a sec to figure out that you have to make an armor type change for the QL slider change to take effect.  Super simple and effective tool.

It  was useful in my eyes we are always told not to click on links and files that are unknown when you read about keeping yourself safe from viruses. I am no programmer or IT person so it was my way of saying this is an unknown link click with care like i have been told to do to keep my pc safe. 

You should install a decent antivirus. AV + good settings in your router firewall ( I don´t trust in windows one) will make you both more safe and less paranoid tan the average internet surfer.

Edited by KunAlt

But it was hard to recognize at a glance, and had no calculator for it.

As you said, It's hard to recognize glances, and theres many different factors that you need to take in account at every fight aswell

For example - Monster/Animal type + in PvP different weapons, your/opponents stamina, amount of focus opponent does, footing bonus.

This is a good start, but needs a lot more in to it. Hope you continue testing ^^

Edited by silakka

I like it. Can you continue your work and add more stats like enchants and ql. I am willing to wait for this.

Thank you for your work

sorry did not know this was 5 years old. I have to watch those dates.

Does anyone have any newer armor calculators with more options?

Edited by lowborn
  • Like 1

Putting this here to keep track of my armor order.

Purchasing an 80ql set with Bascinet helmet!