Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Deed Stake - Wurm Email/Newsletter

It would answer a lot of questions but lets be real here if we're using past issues/behaviors then it only makes more sense for Rolf and team to be secretive. It will most likely effect every server and honestly hasn't the community put enough of it's input into these issues in the past month? 

• Like 1

I think part of the attraction of Xanadu is the Mystery.   Yes would be nice to know some things, but if we just show up, then will be a big surprise and wonder.   

Go with the flow and enjoy the surprise party.   :P

• Like 1

It would answer a lot of questions but lets be real here if we're using past issues/behaviors then it only makes more sense for Rolf and team to be secretive. It will most likely effect every server and honestly hasn't the community put enough of it's input into these issues in the past month? 

I think part of the attraction of Xanadu is the Mystery.   Yes would be nice to know some things, but if we just show up, then will be a big surprise and wonder.   

Go with the flow and enjoy the surprise party.   :P

How is explaining gameplay mechanic changes that are divergent from long-term established application so threatening?

What you are saying can be compared to a business you have a history with suddenly decides to say they "are changing the way we do business, but aren't going to tell you how we're changing it, and btw.. we're going to do it tomorrow."

[Redacted to remove potential side-tracking]

How does any of that make sense?

Blacklotus, your argument boils down to "that is how it has always been done", so it doesn't matter if there might be a better way that keeps the, as Lolabelle said, "mystery" but still enables customers (paying or not) to be provided enough information to make informed decisions?

[redacted by choice]

If you don't want the information, ignore it.  There are quite a few players that have admitted to never looking at the wiki (or for that matter, the forums) and they do just fine.  Why try to, as it appears from your previous post:

Oh ye of little faith.What if all the decisions have been made and set, all the implementations done and every thing else placed ready, the only thing they have not done is cater to the mass hype and hysteria of the community so as to keep things from boiling out of their control?

We know not and perhaps it's time the community went quiet and waited for a change. All will be revealed in it's due course.

to be shaming people into not asking for a change in the process/policy?

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 3

Oh ye of little faith.What if all the decisions have been made and set, all the implementations done and every thing else placed ready, the only thing they have not done is cater to the mass hype and hysteria of the community so as to keep things from boiling out of their control?

We know not and perhaps it's time the community went quiet and waited for a change. All will be revealed in it's due course.

Because we are paying customers we deserve to know what is being changed concerning our money. If they want to add bridges, and wagons and all that fun stuff without letting us know, that is great, but deeds cost us money, traders cost us money. Issues that concern the pocket book of customers should not be left to the customers to worry about. A worried customer is less likely to keep investing into a business when there are questions concerning the cost of things and the changes to some of the very core items that we all pay for.

I'm not being negative about all of this, I just would like to have better communication from the team when they make changes to the very systems that we have to trust our money to. The changing and updating of graphics does not effect my money, but the changes to the deeds and and the traders very well may, its the unknown. If others have extra money in real life to throw at things and just "Let it go" then great lol but I still would like to be kept up to date about the issues that have direct interaction with my money :) Being 3 days out from the new server and still no direct info about traders and the changes, and now the changes to the deeds (which I don't dislike, I think they are cool) seems cutting it short.

• Like 4

I wonder how it works do we only get one per charater? Are they going to be on traders? Will it replace the settlement forms? Is it only Xanadu? So many unanswered questions hope they see this and make a response to what the plan is with them. 

Works like this I think...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFrVoG-edFc

I was wondering how we were supposed to found a deed there without traders, And now I'm wondering, How am I supposed to have money in the bank if there are no banks there?  Either way, I'm still not going till I can sail there.

There will be banks at the starter deeds and also once you found a deed.

Im 99% sure there will also be traders at the srarter deeds, there are other trader items apart from settlement forms.

It says in the letter that each new character will start with the settlement stick, so thats how you'll get it.

Im fairly sure the whole point of this change is to simply make it more flexible for players. Its not gonna break the game or affect things hardly at all.

Lastly, traders and dragons have been fairly well explained in the week22 update. Read their updates before you complain. So just relax and enjoy the last couple of days before release :)

There will be banks at the starter deeds and also once you found a deed.

Im 99% sure there will also be traders at the srarter deeds, there are other trader items apart from settlement forms.

It says in the letter that each new character will start with the settlement stick, so thats how you'll get it.

Im fairly sure the whole point of this change is to simply make it more flexible for players. Its not gonna break the game or affect things hardly at all.

Lastly, traders and dragons have been fairly well explained in the week22 update. Read their updates before you complain. So just relax and enjoy the last couple of days before release :)

So they had to change the mechanics to include using the "settlement stick", in effect doing the same as giving everyone a settlement form for free.

Why add the stick, an item you can make for free if you're not a "new character", in place of just giving out the forms for free to new characters (and making them craftable for experienced players)? It achieves the same net effect.

As to diverting with the traders/dragon comments, yes the dragons have been explained, but the traders haven't.  It's a topic that gets skirted around every time it is mentioned.  Which is why I also asked what other trader items will/won't be there, because they've just removed the need for settlement forms.

Edited by Hussars

I was wondering how we were supposed to found a deed there without traders, And now I'm wondering, How am I supposed to have money in the bank if there are no banks there?  Either way, I'm still not going till I can sail there.

What? Who was talking about banks and what makes you think there arent going to be any there? I dont understand your concerns at all.... 

Edited by atazs

Settlement forms have 10s worth of value that goes toward founding your deed. Because current players may have these they cant change the item, hence the new settlement stick. The stick will have no value as all the money for founding the deed will come from your bank.

Traders on xanadu will get money depending on how many unique players trade with them.

Settlement forms have 10s worth of value that goes toward founding your deed. Because current players may have these they cant change the item, hence the new settlement stick. The stick will have no value as all the money for founding the deed will come from your bank.

Traders on xanadu will get money depending on how many unique players trade with them.

Settlement form:

For existing characters, item db query if a player has a settlement form, remove and refund 10s to player's bank or insert 2x 5s coins in place of the form.

Traders:

So a partial mechanic change explained (the explanation is fine), leaves us to assume all other trader items will remain?  Because at least the forms now make no sense to have/buy on Xanadu.

Edited by Hussars

my army of free alts shall claim all xanadu's prettiest beach sites. I shall rent them for an affordable price.

Well in this new system as far as i can tell from test you can get a deed going is 4s 20c and have 3 months upkeep so all it cost now is 16e and you get your months premium and 5s to get started or just 10e for the 6s if you just want the deed. 

Edited by Kegan

We discussed at some point with the other 2 members on my deed about Zanadu, we decided at some point we are not moving but will be nice go there and fund 3 small outpost deeds, but that was before the team decided too drop the new server 4 border hops away from Celebration, so gl with the land rush, we are out.

We discussed at some point with the other 2 members on my deed about Zanadu, we decided at some point we are not moving but will be nice go there and fund 3 small outpost deeds, but that was before the team decided too drop the new server 4 border hops away from Celebration, so gl with the land rush, we are out.

Well they had to screw someone over without a massive recode of how border hopping works.

Guess that could be a suggestion for future implementation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the borders get changed - makes too much sense not to. Would make sense to be able to either cross into Xanadu from Cele's east border or to implement pop-up dialog boxes with server choice on crossing at some point.

You have made good points here. Most discussions concerning Xanadu have been filled with dire predictions and what I see as overreactions anticipating the worst outcomes.

Although I would like to have more details provided, this new Deed Stake looks like an excellent substitution for the current Settlement Forms that must be purchased from Traders. First of all, since all new players at opening will be provided with them, there will be no need to seek out any Traders to purchase them from. Also, 10 silver will not have to be used to purchase a Settlement Form, which means the initial cost for setting up a deed will be much less, as has been pointed out by others within this thread.

Really a great advancement in the placing of deeds upon Xanadu and no doubt will encourage the placing of a lot more of them initially. A good thing then that this server will be so large, since players will probably be placing deeds much more freely because of this. Possibly a number of them will disband after the initial upkeep has run out. No telling on that account really. Just as a number of things with the new server of Xanadu, time will tell.

Still, I am liking the idea of this new Deed Stake a lot and hopefully it will be seen as a positive addition to the game that will be incorporated into it while phasing the old Settlement Forms out after any current ones are used in place of this new system. Sure, more details on this whole process are certainly desirable but the way of Wurm has never been to delve too deeply into explanations of new additions to the game. So this does not surprise me much in the way of just basic information provided about it.

Your sage advice Blacklotus, of waiting for all to be revealed in it's due course, would be well heeded by those who most need to follow it. Anyway, it will be my approach as I look forward to just a few more days wait until many of Xanadu's mysterious ways are revealed by the opening of those lands.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

Can someone tell me when we will get this deed stake? I created new char today and after tutorial all I got from new items is tent :-( Or this item we get at  the time of Xanadu release. Do I need to make new char to get it on or after June 3? Sorry , little confused here.

Can someone tell me when we will get this deed stake? I created new char today and after tutorial all I got from new items is tent :-( Or this item we get at  the time of Xanadu release. Do I need to make new char to get it on or after June 3? Sorry , little confused here.

You will be able create them using a carving knife on a shaft.

But you'll need to make a new character to get to Xanadu anyway and that one should get a stake when it spawns onto the server. 

Because we are paying customers we deserve to know what is being changed concerning our money. If they want to add bridges, and wagons and all that fun stuff without letting us know, that is great, but deeds cost us money, traders cost us money. Issues that concern the pocket book of customers should not be left to the customers to worry about. A worried customer is less likely to keep investing into a business when there are questions concerning the cost of things and the changes to some of the very core items that we all pay for.

I'm not being negative about all of this, I just would like to have better communication from the team when they make changes to the very systems that we have to trust our money to. The changing and updating of graphics does not effect my money, but the changes to the deeds and and the traders very well may, its the unknown. If others have extra money in real life to throw at things and just "Let it go" then great lol but I still would like to be kept up to date about the issues that have direct interaction with my money :) Being 3 days out from the new server and still no direct info about traders and the changes, and now the changes to the deeds (which I don't dislike, I think they are cool) seems cutting it short.

You're a paying customer in the understanding that the game 'will' and is likely to change at any time without consulting you. I do have to wonder though, how is the money you have already invested into the game in any way changed. Last I knew traders in the old servers were not changed, nothing in the old servers were really changed so, this leads me to believe you are more concerned about your own future greed. How, in any way, shape or form, are you being forced into an uninformed decision with the consideration that nothing you're currently able to do has been changed, and the latest changes will come with details when they're finally implemented, and at that time you will have said details and be an informed customer. If you invest before that you do so at your own risk.

You are being negative about this, you're investing in a business by buying a product from it, you are not investing into the company in the form of buying a share of the business, which would give you more right to make the claims you're trying to make. You knew this when you spent the money into wurm that it very well could change and effect the money you have spent on ingame silver, deeds and the like. It's a risk, as with all investment. It may or may not pan out for you but if you cannot handle that kind of risk/reward system, don't invest into it. You should have been an informed customer when you did so.

How is explaining gameplay mechanic changes that are divergent from long-term established application so threatening?

What you are saying can be compared to a business you have a history with suddenly decides to say they "are changing the way we do business, but aren't going to tell you how we're changing it, and btw.. we're going to do it tomorrow."

Unless you have been living in a cave, businesses do this all the time. Businesses do not generally inform their customers of changes until well after their implementation has been planned, and carried out. Some businesses do inform their customers of changes but it's a courtesy, not a right that you get to demand simply because you have spent your money on their product. It would be like me buying a box of cereal and complaining that after I spent the money on it they changed the design of the box to something I didn't like without informing me first. It's a childish attitude to have, sorry if this is a bit harsh but obviously it's time somebody said it in the impolite so it was clearly apparent to everyone.

I apologize if anyone is offended, but I've seen a lot of people whining over this stupid non-sense. Frankly this is how Wurm Online seems to do business and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Money in the bank is invisible. A bank is a token. The starter area has a token. Since you buy silver on the website, invisible money will be in the starter area token. 

[redacted]

You know what, nevermind, I just don't care anymore.  I'll just coast in-game until I find something else to spend my money on.

You win, here's your cookie:

chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

Edited by Hussars

[redacted]

You know what, nevermind, I just don't care anymore.  I'll just coast in-game until I find something else to spend my money on.

You win, here's your cookie:

chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

Agreed. Ya just can't argue with stupid.

Got anymore of those cookies hun?