Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Deed Stake - Wurm Email/Newsletter

I got a newsletter today with an interesting thing seems deed forms are going to be obsolete on Xanadu?..

The Deed Stake

The deed stake will let you claim your very own piece of land without the need of going premium or buying a settlement form. All you need is some silver in your bank for buying the tiles you want which by the way recently was halved in price!

So make sure to join in the biggest Land Rush Event since settling the American continent, or for that matter MMO history.

Claim your slice of paradise, make your mark and lay the grounds for all players to come.

Because in Wurm, your ambition and imagination is your only limitation

Edit Test: It is on the test server it is craftable using a carving knife and a shaft.

YXFNJIf.jpg

Edit: Here is the whole newsletter..

X0DhZid.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

interesting... and why isn't this on the homepage?

• Like 1

I hope it's going to insist on some sort of minimum upkeep.  Don't want someone with 5s in the bank spending it all on tiles, only to have it disband the next day.  (Deed forms force 3s into the upkeep currently)

• Like 6

Why wasnt it in the news update? Anyway glad to see some advertisement being done for xanadu even if its just an email 

Edited by atazs

1. Reduced minimum monthly upkeep to 50c.

2. Include with premium a token which can be sued to put 50c-worth of upkeep into a deed. Maybe give an opinion of either Sleep powder or the token.

3. Change the deed purchase system so it requires 1 month upkeep.

• Like 1

it is on test it is craftable with a carving knife and a shaft...

YXFNJIf.jpg

[08:29:25] A one step long wooden stake that is used to stake out a settlement, which would provide increased security and reserve the land for your use. Use it on the ground where you wish to settle. It is made from birchwood. It can not be improved.

Edit: To use it right click and it takes you to the normal settlement form thing. Also it seems the upkeep on test was still the standard 1s on the form no matter the size but i could not set up the deed with no money so i could not test any further. 

Edited by Kegan

It seems to me like its a replacement for the settlement form which you would usually get from traders... so does this mean there will be no traders to get forms from at least at the beginning?

It seems to me like its a replacement for the settlement form which you would usually get from traders... so does this mean there will be no traders to get forms from at least at the beginning?

might be not sure what they have planned for the trader the main reason everyone went to them was for settlement forms...well and to get your first trader.

Edited by Kegan

Hmm, I wonder how one would transfer ownership of a deed formed in this way to another person without a form. Same as boat ownership, perhaps?

Hmm, I wonder how one would transfer ownership of a deed formed in this way to another person without a form. Same as boat ownership, perhaps?

I am guessing you get a form once you finish the deed process much like you do when you build a house so you just trade that as normal. (the stake will just change to the normal form on setup)

Edited by Kegan

sounds like no traders will be present on xan at first, hence the deed stake, allows ya to setup your land. and claim it before bringin ur mains over

When i start a settlement with the deed stake, the amount of money get asked on test is the "Purchase price for the tile" + "the hiring of the guard(s) cost" + 3s (which i suspect ends up as upkeep). So to drop a guardless 11x11, "The Purchase price for these tiles are 1 silver and 21 copper." with no guard, it cost 4s11c.

Probably after using the stake you get a deed paper, like with other deeds.

Personally i don't like this, too many holes in it, specially if its a noob we're talking about it. Would rather have non-prems with the ability to buy, hold and use the old forms, which have those 3s mandatory upkeep.

Biggest landrush ever? Probably was a bigger one when Deli was launched than what will be now.

Still a lot of players that don't give a crap about xanadu. Not as things are now. Sure if Bridges, 3d mines and whatnot were already in at xanadu launch, it would be worth it to drop old deeds and start anew with these new things, rather than adapt the old deeds to the new things. But like this? Not worth it. I still think Xanadu is a premature launch and devs grasping at straws to get rid of bad PR.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 2

What I find amazing is that it is 3 days before the release of this "land rush" and there are still so many unanswered questions. The team has been doing well with pushing out some cool stuff as of late, but there is still a huge lack of communication. Talk to us plz, there are many things to consider when dealing with this new "land rush" we need to be able to make informed decisions!

• Like 8

What I find amazing is that it is 3 days before the release of this "land rush" and there are still so many unanswered questions. The team has been doing well with pushing out some cool stuff as of late, but there is still a huge lack of communication. Talk to us plz, there are many things to consider when dealing with this new "land rush" we need to be able to make informed decisions!

They are probably still undecided on a lot of things like they usually say in each work in progress thread... 

When i start a settlement with the deed stake, the amount of money get asked on test is the "Purchase price for the tile" + "the hiring of the guard(s) cost" + 3s (which i suspect ends up as upkeep). So to drop a guardless 11x11, "The Purchase price for these tiles are 1 silver and 21 copper." with no guard, it cost 4s11c.

oh i never caught that but yes it does charge 3s in upkeep i guess. It might be nice if it listed it someplace in the process...well to be fair i guess it is still on test, lol

Edited by Kegan

sounds like no traders will be present on xan at first, hence the deed stake, allows ya to setup your land. and claim it before bringin ur mains over

Only if you are willing to buy silver from the shop or another player though so it still stinks IMO. Can you tell I'm still torqued about not being able to take this toon there on day one?  :P

• Like 1

They are probably still undecided on a lot of things like they usually say in each work in progress thread... 

And that is what I'm talking about, 3 days before the release and they are still undecided. How do they expect paying customers to make decisions on where to spend our money if they themselves don't have the details worked out, yet they are going to open this "land rush" How does that look to new players?

• Like 2

And that is what I'm talking about, 3 days before the release and they are still undecided. How do they expect paying customers to make decisions on where to spend our money if they themselves don't have the details worked out, yet they are going to open this "land rush" How does that look to new players?

+1

It could be that the decisions on how things are to be done, have been made, and they're just uncertain on implementation. However with the new server due in 3 days I too would have hoped for a bit more reassurance that things are in hand. We'll have to wait and see.

TBH I'm fully expecting a DDOS on release day so any unfinished preperations probably won't matter - the downtime will give them the opportunity to finish things - hmmm, are they counting on that extra time? =P

+1

It could be that the decisions on how things are to be done, have been made, and they're just uncertain on implementation. However with the new server due in 3 days I too would have hoped for a bit more reassurance that things are in hand. We'll have to wait and see.

TBH I'm fully expecting a DDOS on release day so any unfinished preperations probably won't matter - the downtime will give them the opportunity to finish things - hmmm, are they counting on that extra time? =P

I am not expecting a DDOS but i do expect the game to be unplayable for sometime 

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8205176576/h62B10CC3/

• Like 1

Once upon a time people worked things out on their own. Just wait for the release and enjoy the new content.

• Like 2

Once upon a time people worked things out on their own. Just wait for the release and enjoy the new content.

Then they started getting banned for a bug and it stopped being enjoyable.

• Like 4

Oh ye of little faith.What if all the decisions have been made and set, all the implementations done and every thing else placed ready, the only thing they have not done is cater to the mass hype and hysteria of the community so as to keep things from boiling out of their control?

We know not and perhaps it's time the community went quiet and waited for a change. All will be revealed in it's due course.

• Like 1

Oh ye of little faith.What if all the decisions have been made and set, all the implementations done and every thing else placed ready, the only thing they have not done is cater to the mass hype and hysteria of the community so as to keep things from boiling out of their control?

We know not and perhaps it's time the community went quiet and waited for a change. All will be revealed in it's due course.

Because of past issues/behavior maybe?

They are changing quite a few mechanics, or at least the application of those mechanics, that the community (including the dev team) have considered to be "core" for a long time.  Founding of deeds, premium status requirements, respawning of uniques, traders, etc...  There are a lot of questions about how these changes are going to impact the current game, and lets be real here, when has changing something for one map/server not had an impact on the others (intentional or not)?

If we had a bit more detail about the actual changes, you might actually see more (or less) support for some the changes. This doesn't mean we need to know "new item needs X,Y and Z parts", but would be nice to know if deed forms (or for that matter other trader items, like the magic chests) will be available on Xanadu.  A simple: "Because of changes to mechanics, which will be discussed <insert time/date>, you can expect the following items to not be available at launch on Xanadu: <Item_list>" would answer a lot of the simple questions.

With us left to our own devices, discussion tends to focus on the bad, because people don't tend to like a bad surprise.

• Like 1