Eyesgood

Possible Xanadu Portal Sighting on GV

Just hopped on my Xanadu-ready GV character and saw this:

portal.jpg

The sign read "Wox - work in progress"

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 7

Stargate?

Maybe that's where the glimmersteel comes from......

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 3

So are we going to get different colors for say epic portals? like a red for blood/pvp..heh

looks good :)

uhm.......

I don't know about yall.....

BUT I WANT THAT AS CRAFTABLE!

Putting that thing beside my priest altars!

• Like 3

Well spotted, Eyesgood.

Do you think they'll have different portals for the different locations people can spawn in? So friends can take the same portal and end up in the same area of Xanadu..?

Otherwise everyone will be lost for at least a week.

Nice artwork on it. The translucent globe adds a dramatic effect. Still, it reminds me pretty much of the Epic portals on the starter deeds.

=Ayes=

uhm.......

I don't know about yall.....

BUT I WANT THAT AS CRAFTABLE!

Putting that thing beside my priest altars!

Hell yeah.

One of the wonderful features of wurm for me is the fact that almost everything in the game is craftable, in fact everything should be, at least in some degree, even power items should be craftabe in a crude version and then you should go to a trader or token to "charge/activate" it by paying a fee.

I don't get the hype... it's like a Justin Bieber fan club around here.  Is there a secret prize for finding any and all info about this silly new server before it's even released??

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 7

More mysteries of Xanadu to look forward to be revealed. All these goings on take me back to Sunsvortex's post about the ancient city of Xanadu (Shangdu, China) that Marco Polo described in 1278. Much the same will be the exploration and settlement of Wurm's Xanadu, to the delight of those who find their own special place to develop and reside within.

I would say that players would benefit from reading of this description of Xanadu and let the jade reside within the statues described, rather than bringing it along as excess baggage when they travel to this new land within Wurm's timelines.

=Ayes=

I don't get the hype... it's like a Justin Bieber fan club around here.  Is there a secret prize for finding any and all info about this silly new server before it's even released??

I don't get why you find the need to be negative about people being excited for something new in a video game.

• Like 2

Its always fun to explore and settle a new land. Go see lands no one has ever seen.

To boldly go where no Wurmian has gone before...

I don't get why you find the need to be negative about people being excited for something new in a video game.

You misunderstand, I'm excited to see the new lands and having new players as well.

What gets old is you all trying to divulge all it's secrets before it's even released... if you know how to play and beat a video game before it even comes out, is there a point in rushing out to buy it on opening day?  I don't.  Maybe others do, all a matter of opinion!

I feel by discovering it's secrets before it's out, you're taking fun away from discovering while your out.. discovering...

Edited by Nomadikhan

I'm looking forward to the unexpected, I'm going to be dropping my tools at whichever spawn I find myself at and wandering in a direction until I feel like settling there

• Like 1

I feel by discovering it's secrets before it's out, you're taking fun away from discovering while your out.. discovering...

Seeing a new glimmersteel portal in the area at the end of the GV tutorial hardly constitutes "discovering it's secrets".

Who is Justin Bieber?

• Like 1

Yeah not so sure you want it as craftable, as it's a glimmersteel portal ;)

Might be a slight drain on your glimmersteel supplies.

It might not be a bad idea to have one in every server town on freedom to Xanadu you just take what you have on you through the portals. If you want to take over bulk goods then you would have to sail like always but it might help with some of the connection issues Celebration and Chaos are complaining about. 

Edited by Kegan

Please remember that Xanadu is simply an upcoming new server in the Freedom Isles system, not a new system like Epic was.

So the only portal would be that one in the tutorial to choose to spawn there, not unlike the Freedom Isles portal and Epic portal in the tutorial.

Portals aren't meant to work from one server to another within the same system, which is why you won't find any portal going from one Freedom Isles server to another (or Epic to Epic) nor can they be crafted.  So i'm afraid it looks like there will never be a portal direct to Xanadu from the other Freedom Isles servers.  However I believe that when Xanadu opens if you're in Epic as one who chose to start on Epic from the tutorial directly and has never used a Freedom portal before, that Xanadu will be an option to select as the Freedom Isles server to go to so you can establish that as your Freedom clone's starting location then.

(disclaimer: None of this post is official news or announcement)

Edited by Tristanc

Please remember that Xanadu is simply an upcoming new server in the Freedom Isles system, not a new system like Epic was.

So the only portal would be that one in the tutorial to choose to spawn there, not unlike the Freedom Isles portal and Epic portal in the tutorial.

Portals aren't meant to work from one server to another within the same system, which is why you won't find any portal going from one Freedom Isles server to another (or Epic to Epic) nor can they be crafted. So i'm afraid it looks like there will never be a portal direct to Xanadu from the other Freedom Isles servers. However I believe that when Xanadu opens if you're in Epic as one who chose to start on Epic from the tutorial directly and has never used a Freedom portal before,

that Xanadu will be an option to select as the Freedom Isles server to go to so you can establish that as your Freedom clone's starting location then.

(disclaimer: None of this post is official news or announcement)

Technically incorrect as every epic starter deed has a portal to/from Elevation.

• Like 1

I am guessing the portal shown is just a portal to the new tutorial area but truth is we just don't know what it is. I was merely suggesting that a portal might not be a bad idea for Xanadu like they are using with epic home servers and elevation now. 

Edited by Kegan

Perhaps the portal offering a trip from Elevation to the Epic home servers is there because if you log out on Elevation and your Premium status ends you can't log in again until it's renewed?

Just suggesting that Elevation's case is unique. 

Xanadu is simply a new Freedom Isles server where the only unique aspect is its very large size.

Edited by Tristanc

Perhaps the portal offering a trip from Elevation to the Epic home servers is there because if you log out on Elevation and your Premium status ends you can't log in again until it's renewed?

Just suggesting that Elevation's case is unique. 

Xanadu is simply a new Freedom Isles server where the only unique aspect is its very large size.

nah its so that people can get to-from each server easier for pvp and stuff, so theres a precedent, 

if you log out on ele without prem you cant log in till you reprem

I heard there's a ship in port sailing to someplace called the new world. We can be there tomorrow if we leave now.