Sign in to follow this  
Weatherwax

Ability to destroy tree stumps, Roles not working properly.

Lets see if I can articulate this. I own (2) deeds, my main is a mayor of one deed (Deed A) and I have an alt who is the mayor of my second deed (Deed B). I have always had "Deed A" added to the roles for "Deed B" with pretty much everything important checked to do chores and expand. I don't maintain the deeds with the alts, I use my main. I have noticed today that I could not do something post-role enhancements.

When trying to Destroy a tree stump on Deed B for a tree that I cut down, I get the "That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server." message. After reading the descriptions of the new roles a number of times, I started to systematically check the roles that were not checked one at a time via my alt-mayor for Deed B. If it didnt work, I unchecked it and moved on. What I found to work is selecting the "Manage Roles" check-box. I can now destroy a tree stump on deed. Destroying a tree stump isn't a show-stopper for me, what concerns me is what else does "Manage Roles" unlock and why would Destroy for a tree stump be tied in with Manage Roles?

Thanks for reading and PM me if you need further clarification (GM's, that is)

Weatherwax -Exodus Server

• Like 1

Having manage roles active on a role gives them all the powers on a deed, since you would be able to do all those things if you just walked to the token and changed it. (this is how it was explained to me)

Something like removing a stump should fall under "Forestry" or "Cut old trees". Knowing that Manage Roles gives you super powers is good to know. Thanks for clarifying that. It still illustrates a function was left out of the coding somewhere.

Same problem here, villagers have all role permissions except; Manage roles, hire guards, expand, diplomat, pass fences. Getting frequent complaints about being unable to break stumps since the roles update. There is no way I'm giving 'Manage Roles' to the newbies in my town, it will cause chaos. =/

• Like 1

Did you just try to knock down the stump, or did you also try to dig or drop dirt or pack the tile to remove the stump? If one of the other methods work could be used until the permission issue is resolved.