Sign in to follow this  
williamwierd

Wogic Locks

Haya. I couldn't help but notice that whenever you make locks, the lock's weight is equal to amount of iron used, and you get a .05 KG key.

I think this should be changed and the weight of all locks should be decreased by .05 weight, or the materials required increased by .05, so that their keys don't appear out of thin air.

And yes, I'm getting realism in your fantasy.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 2

Really? That's your gripe?

Wow... Some people really nitpick about the craziest things apparently you missed the part where all the anvils stand on this big wood stump, and yet are made exclusively of metal.

What about the part where a arched wall, or a window, use the exact same ammount of materials as a full wall? Or how you make a house wall with two wooden doors using just bricks and mortar?

If we'd nitpick about everything, the already complex recipes in Wurm would have to be 100x more complex.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

It's a minor comment on weights and how keys appear out of nowhere. I made the "Yes I'm getting realism in your fantasy" comment because I knew someone, you, would immediately flame me.

This'd be a minor fix by changing up the weight a tiny bit, barely any work involved.

Edited by williamwierd

Not flaming, i'm just pointing out there's a ton of other unrealistic stuff popping out of nowhere, and that locks is by far one of the most negligible and yet that's what you chose to comment on.

My comment isn't about realism or fantasy, its about why the hell did you choose locks to pick on? (No pun intended).

Because a minor weight change would be far less troublesome to fix than adding a log to anvils, or changing up the amount of materials required for various walls.

It's a .05 weight change.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 1

I'm fine with decreasing a Lock's weight, but there is indeed so much other things to get done. If it is just a quick five minute fix that would be awesome.

+.05 :P

What's with all the lock posts all of a sudden?

either way is fine with me so i am on topic..heh

Edited by Kegan

Isn't a much bigger issue the butchering of corpses?

Corpse (unbutchered) - 50 kg

Butchered Corpse (with contents) - perhaps 52-56 kg

In any case, Wurm scientific experts have proven that keys are special interdimensional essence because they don't decay even in trashbins... so their coming into existence cannot be linked to mundane materials. :P

• Like 1

Can we get GM confirmation on keys being special interdimensional essence? I don't trust scientists, their wogic never makes any sense.

Edited by williamwierd

Ignore Kane and any possible changes resulting from the mad ranting.

and this is why I made a post about people getting stuck on reality and realism in this game lols

Honestly, it does feel a tad bit silly when I made locks like that, and they came out to be weighing more (just so slightly, but with 100 locks on you + their keys, thats a good 5 extra weight. :( )

Its a small change, something that should be done in secret in a large update or bugfix, and it doesn't break the game like making a window would (decreased resources for the same defense as a regular wall.) :>

Honestly, it does feel a tad bit silly when I made locks like that, and they came out to be weighing more (just so slightly, but with 100 locks on you + their keys, thats a good 5 extra weight. :( )

Its a small change, something that should be done in secret in a large update or bugfix, and it doesn't break the game like making a window would (decreased resources for the same defense as a regular wall.) :>

Huh? And who says it would have the same defense, doors and windows are natural weak points, so why should it? In fact would be awesome if the door wall would be just a hole like the window, and then separate items could be crafted to fill the whole in the door or window. That way in PvP in case someone breaks the door, you'd just have to replace the door, not the whole wall. Same way, could be done that right clicking a windowless wall (current window walls - stone ones at least) a player could "climb inside" with enough body control.

making lock - 1 action (create lock)

making mallet - 4 actions (create shaft, create shaft, create head, attach head to shaft)

wogic

• Like 1

Not flaming, i'm just pointing out there's a ton of other unrealistic stuff popping out of nowhere

You are free to make a thread for every other thing you notice. Derailing other people's threads, on the other hand, is rude.

+1 to more realism.

sry cant help saying 

Dont fix what is not broken 

( we seen that happens lots and break something else then )