Sign in to follow this  
Amber

Promotion

Can someone point me to where the Xanadu launch is being advertised/promoted? I've searched and can't find anything at all. 

It looks like they are not going to start till the 3rd i guess but they said it was going to be mostly on mmorpg.com

Edited by Kegan

*points into the imagination*

De plane! De plane!  ~R.I.P. Tattoo~

=Ayes=

• Like 2

they prolly do it one hour before release  ;)

I would think after it would be bad to have the release of a new server and no new server to go to. They would end up going on all the older servers then be upset that they have to make a boat and wait a week till they can get over to the new one once it does open, lol

Edited by Kegan

I am just wondering now that i am thinking about it if they have a good plan if GV gets overloaded with people. If you think about all the players we have now that will be making alts that coupled with new ones coming in from the campaign it might fill up a 400 slot server pretty fast... for the first day or two anyway. 

Edited by Kegan

I would think after it would be bad to have the release of a new server and no new server to go to. They would end up going on all the older servers then be upset that they have to make a boat and wait a week till they can get over to the new one once it does open, lol

Actually, this type of thing is usually advertised months in advance, with A RELEASE DATE, so that people know ahead of time.

And this will attract mostly people who already had some contact with wurm in the past and are attracted to the prospect of new land to explore.

But hey, i'll be happy if it doesn't flop hard. Hope its at least playable at release date.

mmorpg.com is not advertising haha!.  advertising is being seen across the web as ads,  and being found on most  mmo gaming sites.  this is a cash grab, Nothing about it screams land rush due to it being so poorly planned from the get go.

• Like 2

Marketing team assemble.

YOURE FIRED!

NEW MARKETING TEAM ASSEMBLE!

LES DO DIS!

• Like 1

I am just wondering now that i am thinking about it if they have a good plan if GV gets overloaded with people. If you think about all the players we have now that will be making alts that coupled with new ones coming in from the campaign it might fill up a 400 slot server pretty fast... for the first day or two anyway. 

I pretty confident that max slot number means nothing. Its there for sake of having something there. Announcement already said there will be multiple starter zones to spread the players around. The real issue is too many players in one area. Its not how many are on the server. 

I'd think you want a new server for new players to play on before advertisments start. Guess they could put "available on date" for each add.

bump, do a Google search for 'xanadu wurm' all you get related to wrum's xanadu is a negative response thread from our forums, and movie reviews.

I really hope the advertisement idea works, otherwise Xanadu will spread the current population so thin the community will barely exist on any server at all.

I wonder how many people Rolf would ultimately like to attract to the game..

• Like 1

mmorpg.com is not advertising haha!.  advertising is being seen across the web as ads,  and being found on most  mmo gaming sites.  this is a cash grab, Nothing about it screams land rush due to it being so poorly planned from the get go.

It's a joke that's what it is

But anyway if they were to advertise months before, a lot people would start playing before xanadu, but seeing as it won't be avaible for at least a week to everyone else, they wouldn't be able to go there. This whole xanadu release is just a mess... 

Edited by atazs

Actually, this type of thing is usually advertised months in advance, with A RELEASE DATE, so that people know ahead of time.

And this will attract mostly people who already had some contact with wurm in the past and are attracted to the prospect of new land to explore.

But hey, i'll be happy if it doesn't flop hard. Hope its at least playable at release date.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Granted this is just adding a server to a game that's been around awhile and not a new release but still NO one I've spoken to knew about it although when I asked people were quick to tell me about Wildstar launching on the 3rd as well as another Call of Duty and something called 1,001 Spikes. Zero buzz in the gaming community about Xanadu so I don't see how there is going to be anything even vaguely resembling a "rush" of new players come Tuesday. 

Gamers being gamers, if they hear about it two days later, will not try it because other players have a two day head start on them.  :blink:

I should fly Rolf and the whole dev team here to NYC, dress them up in blond wigs and roller skates and have them skate up and down Broadway singing songs from Xanadu. That would bring us plenty of attention.

Seriously, they should at least do an article on the new expansion for SandBoxer.org. Most of the MMOs do when they have major changes.

I should fly Rolf and the whole dev team here to NYC...

Don't give them any more vacation time. I don't know what a "red day" is, but apparently in Sweden, they happen as often as weekends do.

• Like 1

Don't give them any more vacation time. I don't know what a "red day" is, but apparently in Sweden, they happen as often as weekends do.

Lol Incorrect, in Europe ppl work to live and not like in USA live to work.

The red days are mostly Christ days which are celebrated in most parts in Europe.

Write a check to mmorpg and they'll make Little Orphan Annie the mmo the most awaited game in development. I've followed that site for more years than I care to remember but they are the biggest shills on the internet.

Write a check to mmorpg and they'll make Little Orphan Annie the mmo the most awaited game in development. I've followed that site for more years than I care to remember but they are the biggest shills on the internet.

not to bring up the past but i think greed monger was on there as the "top" most anticipated game at one time...iirc

I am also not sure how many views it gets in like a month or whatever but i know i have been there between games before i found wurm. 

they got a commercial running here in the states i just saw it

• Like 1

they got a commercial running here in the states i just saw it

You should probably be a little more informative with that comment, you're gonna get some assumers worked up...  ;) 

MMORPG has a commercial in the states, not Wurm.

• Like 1

You should probably be a little more informative with that comment, you're gonna get some assumers worked up...  ;) 

MMORPG has a commercial in the states, not Wurm.

Oh, I was going to say--I only see some ads for generously bosomed angels and Wildstar on mmorpg.com. No Wurm yet!