Sign in to follow this  
Thrrim

Java client error

when i try to open the client i get this:

xcBZ2Pl.png

When i reinstall the launcher client it just does the same thing, and it's happening to not just me either.

• Like 1

Same problem here.  I was on at server down and when I tryed to log in following the server restart I got the error.  I Logged into Wurm home page and tryed the start from there and same problem,  Reboot of system no help.  I then updated Java to 7 60 and that was also no help.  Currently locked out still.

Follow the link from my previous post.

Very easy and fast to do. Works 100%.

Best of luck.

Woody.

I uninstalled Java, did what woody said above, reinstalled java and rerun - working fine now.

Not sure if uninstalling Java matters, just what worked for me.

Edited by Lexi

Same problem here.  I was on at server down and when I tryed to log in following the server restart I got the error.  I Logged into Wurm home page and tryed the start from there and same problem,  Reboot of system no help.  I then updated Java to 7 60 and that was also no help.  Currently locked out still.

Same here

Thanks Woody... I followed the link... did as instructed and now it's working again!

I was sitting in the corner curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth crying because it wouldn't start... but now I'm skipping through the meadows and forests of my deed with rainbows and unicorns all around :)

Hmm just closed wurm and tried to relaunch, now I'm getting unable to launch application ><

Hmm just closed wurm and tried to relaunch, now I'm getting unable to launch application ><

I just closed Wurm and relaunched it with no errors....maybe try to reboot now Lexi ?

All the best.

Woody.

Working again, Thanks guys.

Edited by Lexi

redownload the .jnlp file from the website (playbutton) and then it should work.

That 'fix' is basically giving Java, and thus, Wurm, more memory to work with out of your computer's cache. Not something I'd recommend.

I dont see why adding more memory would make it work, besides i only have 4gb ram and that would just make it crash more frequently.

I dont see why adding more memory would make it work, besides i only have 4gb ram and that would just make it crash more frequently.

I also only have 4gb of ram.

But this definitly works.

All the best.

Woody.

The "fix" limits the memory available to Wurm to 500MB. The JNLP file requests 1GB. I think it was 800MB before.

You're probably better off using values closer to the default (like 900MB or 800MB) or preferrebly use 64bit Java.

I get simply "Unable to load application." It happens first load every time on both my PC and laptop. Subsequent loads may or may not load but every time it does not is not a crash. The application cannot load.